Need someone to drive your car cross country?

1305 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need someone to drive your car cross country?

December 16, 2003 at 09:22:23:

I am planning on traveling from Atlanta, GA to Portland, OR this coming January or February. Does anyone need a car driven out there? Or have any inexpensive ideas on how to get there?

LA to SanFran

Hi There, 

I am from Australia visiting the USA this August. Myself and my partner are looking to drive a car from LA to SanFrancisco (or near). Flexible with dates but we need to leave LA after the 15th of August and arrive by the 21st. 

Thanks!

West Coast to East Coast Driver Offered

Hello,

I am a driver looking to drive a car from Washington State to Upstate New York/New England area in early August (preferably around August 5).  I will have a lot of luggage, so will need an empty car.  Let me know if we are a match.

Thanks!
MLP

need someone to drive my car from OH to CA ASAP

2013 Ford Escape from Ohio to San Diego

nothing much to put. I bought tickets for a vacation to california and would like my sUV there rather then a rental  need it there ASAP

WHAT DO U NEED FROM ME ???????

casey_amrhein@yahoo.com

West Coast to East Coast

I would like to give my son a road trip from west coast to east coast this summer, mid-July. Car rental prices are extortionate. If you need a vehicle transporting, I will gladly do so for free. Cntact me - dr.martin.still@gmail.com or (202) 306-2726.

Drive car across country from San Francisco to Maine
looking for someone to drive our car from San Francisco to Maine possibly the second week in June
Will drive for free

A friend and I are driving our renovated school bus across the country in july. We are looking to drive a regular car back and will do so for free, given 2 to 3 weeks to do so. We will leave august 1st or 2nd and arrive in maine no later than the 18th. You're car will strictly be used as a transporation device as we will be sleeping in airbnbs along the way. We will pay for FOOD and SHELTER and GAS. You pay nothing. 

paying you gas money

Hi!

Sounds like you could use some $$$ for your bus and my situation is this:

My husband passed away in Los Angeles and left his prized big screen tv and tv stand to his daugther Jennifer, who is a teacher at Wake Forest University in No. Carolina. 

Are you interested in taking these two items to her and I could pay you gas $$$? All the cross country movers have a minimum and it doesn't make sense unless you are moving at least a 1 bedroom apartment, and all I have is two items.

We live in Los Angeles near Wilshire & Highland and on the other end we could arrange a convenient drop off where it wouldn't take you out of your way.

What do you think?

My cell is 323-828-6678. Thanks!

Buffy Lyn Roney

My husband passed away in Los Angeles, leaving his prized big screen tv and tv stand (a wooden chest with drawers) to his daughter Jennifer who is a teacher at Wake Forest University in No. Carolina.

I need to move the items to her, but the moving companies all have a minimum and I only have the two items to move. I would like to move them some time in the next few months.

Would this fit in to your plans at all? Jennifer actually lives in Kernnersville, No. Carolina. Will you be going in that direction anytime soon?

My cell is 323-828-6678 and we live in Los Angeles near Wilshire & Highland.

Buffy Lyn Roney
RE:Drive car across country from San Francisco to Maine

I charge $10 an hour driving time based on Google Maps driving time between two points. You put the starting point as San Fracisco and ending point is Maine. Google says it is 49 hours driving, however not having where in Maine Google maps put me the actual driving time maybe different.

You pay all expenses which include meals, motel, fuel, two plane tickets, one from San Diego where I live and one from Maine back to San Diego, plus my driving time. Right now without knowing the final destination in Maine, my charge for just the driving is $490 based on the current destination of Maine.

Southwest has flights to San Francisco for $164 on June 17 just for an example and from Portland, ME to San Diego it is $232 on June 23rd.

I put all expense on my credit card with the exceptions of the plane tickets that I ask that you put them on your card. When I purchase anything related to the trip that I purchase I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for my wife's records.

I can supply you with references of people that have known me over 40 years, proof of insurance, copies of my drivers license and driving record.

My cell is 619-993-6577, home 619-443-6537, email mdougher4@cox.net

Sincerely

Mark Dougherty

admin's picture
Willing to Drive Car Cross Country

Hi - Do you need a car driven to Seattle, WA?  I am looking for a vehicle to drive from Vermont (or within a couple of hours of Vermont) across country in late summer to visit family.  I am taking my two kids with me (ages 21 and 14).  I am a very responsible driver.  Please contact me at lamell@norwich.edu if I can help you get your vehicle across the U.S.  Thank you.

moved to this board by the moderator!

Thanks for being part of our Family Travel Forum community!

Donna Rolls's picture
Need car driven from Sacramento to Green Bay

Looking to have my car moved from Sacramento, CA to Green Bay WI at the end of June.

donnarolls@gmail.com

admin's picture
We can drive your car across country!

Hi,

My partner is doing a field recording workshop in Northern California and we would love to drive someone's car east to west coast.  Or west to east.  (We want to drive one leg and fly the other). We live in Pittsburgh, PA but can meet you anywhere on this side of the country.  We are artists and teachers.  Clean driving record and insured.  

We we need to leave early June, even late May or return June 13th

email is alishabwormsley1@me.com

Thanks

Alisha

Thanks for being part of our Family Travel Forum community!

Cross country
Would you be interested in driving our vehicle from San Francisco to Maine?
Anyone need their vehicle driven cross country?

Leaving San Diego area, and my destination is Boston- but, I a flexible with both origination (somewhere within 10 hours of LA) and destination (somewhere within 10 hours of Boston)

Prefer to leave between May 11 and May 22. I can take anywhere from 4-10 days depending on your preference.

Perfect driving record, and 19 years driving. Have driven cross country 6 times in the 19 years I have been driving. Can provide any information you would like.

I am have a graduate degree and do carpentry. I am clean, friendly and respectful. I will treat your vehicle with the utmost respect.

I can be reached at:      parking198 at yahoo.com 

Thanks!

San Francisco to Maine
if you are still looking for a vehicle my daughter is looking to have her vehicle driven from San Francisco back to me sometime around the 10th of June if interested email me a call 207 899 7406 my name is my
Car Transport
A close friend of mine is transferring to Monterey Bay from Rutgers and we have been discussing a cross country road trip to get him there. Would be very interested in driving someones car from the east coast out west to drop the car (and my friend off) before flying back. Also interested in flying out and driving back (with another driver).
A little background info on myself: 20 year old sophomore from Rutgers University. Currently a driver for the Rutgers Business and Administrative Services Department (in charge of all police, VIP, transportation and emergency services vehicles). Taken defensive driving twice and have a clean driving record. More info can be provided in future communication.
Would be VERY INEXPENSIVE
contact- alechaase at yahoo.com
Patrick Aylward's picture
Have a car and need to get it from DC to Portland, Oregon spring

Hi there,

I have a 2004 Audi A4 that I would like to get from DC to Portland, Oregon this spring or early summer (2015).  I would also be happy to pick up the car in Seattle or LA.  Please let me know if you might be interested.  tpatrick_aylward@yahoo.com.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Driver for hire from LA to ATL
HiMmy name is Shay, I am Dillinger to Drive your cae fRon Los Ángeles to Atlanta,GA. My este is 12.00 per hour. I am a licenced and full coverage driver with no points for bad driving. I can drive and manuel and automatic.
Will drive your car across the country for you!

I am looking for a car around the end of July (24th) to drive from the Tri-State Area (NY, NJ, PA) to the West Coast - preferably to Seattle, WA but Portland or Northern Cali would work as well! Let me know! Thanks!

Would late August work?

Hi, 
Would late August work for you? I'm trying to get to my sister's wedding in British Columbia on August 22. I live in Virginia but have family in NJ and could easily pick up your car from there. I have a clean driving record and previous cross-country driving experience (also driving out to see my sister).
Best,
-Lydia

hi, I'm moving to Idaho Falls

hi, I'm moving to Idaho Falls around that time from BInghamton, NY. Please email me at lizziebut18@yahoo.com or text me at 6077433367. I would love for someone to drive my car. that would make it so much easier

Jimmy Rudolph's picture
Drive my car DC - CA in spring 2015

If you'd like to take a road trip this spring, you can potentially drive my 2005 rav4 from dc to San Francisco. It's manual, in great condition.

let me know if interested - onslaughs@yahoo.com

Driver for hire

I am a driver for hire to drive your vehicle to your final destination. To start off I live in San Diego, CA. I can travel anywhere except Mexico. I can drive both automatic and standard transmissions. My starting point can be anywhere, but my final destination is San Diego. If you are within a 2 hour drive of San Diego you would pay round trip for my wife to take me to your location, this is for fuel and driving time. For a 2 hour round trip it would be $80, $10 and hour driving and $40 for fuel. If it is more than a 2 hour drive then most likely would need a plane ticket. So let's say you are in Chicago and you need your car in San Diego you would fly me to Chicago and I would drive your vehicle to San Diego. If your vehicle is being delivered to a place that is 2 hours or less from San Diego then you add the round trip expense to the trip. If it is more than 2 hours then some other transportation would be needed. I use Google to figure the driving time, for example Google says it is 31 hours to drive from Chicago to San Diego. The driving cost is $310 even if it take 35 hours it still is $310 for my driving time. I charge nothing for waiting time, example if your vehicle breaks down in route and I have to wait a few hours or overnight there is no charge main reason is that you are already paying for meals and motel so that might be an added cost to you for extra meals and motel night that makes an added cost to you. I am trying to keep your cost down while I am making a few dollars. You pay all expenses which include meals, my driving time, motel, plane ticket and fuel. I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane ticket I ask that you put the plane ticket on your card. I ask for 2 receipts for all purchases, one for your record and one for my wife's records. My email is mdougher4@cox.net

NEED MINIVAN DRIVEN ACROSS COUNTRY (ALBANY, NY to MONTEREY, CA)

HI!

We are looking for someone who wants to drive a 2011 Toyota Siena minivan across the country from upstate Ny (Albany, Ny) to Northen California (preferably Monterey or San Fran) early July or late June 2015. 

Our family is relocating from NY to Ca...

Must be responsible & clean :-)

Travel time can be around 14 days if possible, but slightly flexible! 

We need to be able to pack part of the car with our belongings. 

Please email me if you have any other questions!

korrkorr1@yahoo.com

Need to Get Mom and StepDad Texas ASAP!!!

frown I need to get my Mom and Stepdad to TEXAS ASAP!!! They can drive someone car from Puyallup Washington to Granbury, Fort Worth, Dallas, Arlington and will discuss other locations if need be. Will drive for FREE!!!! Gas will be taken care of!! Stepdad has his DL and is a great driver. He and my Mom drove this rout about a year 1/2 ago. It's to much for us to rent a car for them and to much to fly them. The will need to bring some items with them. They are Christan people and upstanding respectful, kind people. Need them here ASAP due to some health issue arising with my sweet and beauitful daughter 11 years old. PLEASE ANYONE !!!!! Looking for them to leave April around the 2nd week or so.

AGAIN:  FROM PUYALLUP WASHINGTON OR NEAR BY, TO GRANBURY TEXAS OR NEAR BY CITYS.

PLEASE HELP ME GET THEM HERE!!!!!!!!

Relocating from Portland, OR to Wilmington, DE

I will be driving my car back east the beginning or middle of July 2015 and I am looking for a road buddy to help with driving, gas and hotel expenses.  If you are interested, let me know and we can discuss you and my expectations to see whether we are able to make it work out.

Thanks,

Donna

Willing to drive a car from East Coast-West Coast or Vice Versa!

Hello everyone!

I am looking to drive someone's car from the East coast to the West coast or vice versa in the Summer of 2015. I would be willing to do so for free, including paying for my own gas.

I am a graduate student in Central NY, but I am willing to take transportation to your location if you are on the East coast or to fly West to drive your car back East. I am a responsible individual with a clean driving record, no criminal record, and I do not smoke.

I am interested in taking a cross country trip before I graduate. I am hoping we can both help each other out! Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or if you are interested in working together. My email is morgan.cooney320@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Morgan

Responsible Driver Willing to Transport Your Car Cross-Country

Hi All,

Does anybody need a car driven cross-country this summer? Flexible with start and stop points, and on terms of gas payment etc. Looking to drive during the second half of July, either east-west or west-east.

I'm a professional in DC, currently working in psychology research with some side work in theatrical production. I have a valid license and clean driving record, but do not currently own a car. I am 24. No criminal record, no drug use, etc.

Email me for further details on how I could help you get your car across the US! nmg1218@gmail.com

Best,
Natalie

March 6th-15th MA-West Coast or West Coast-MA

Hi everyone, 

Myself and a friend are looking to take a roadtrip out West. This being said, we'd love to transport a car from the West Coast back to New England, or from New England out West. We're available from March 6th to the 15th. 

Please contact me if you're interested!

Thank you!

west to east

http://www.autodriveaway.com/view_car_list

San DiegoSan DiegoCaliforniaHinghamMassachusettsTSX619-337-3600
sandiego@autodriveaway.comReady to go 3/16/2015

This might be what you are looking for.
Driver Available March 6th-14th

Hi, 

If anyone needs a car driven from the CA to NJ/NY/DC area or vice versa during the week of March 6th-14th I am looking to drive across country then and would love to help you out.  I am an expereinced long distance driver and am a senior in nursing school in Philadelphia.  Please contact me with any questions: mspinelli997@gmail.com

Thanks, 

Mia

I just wanted to let you know

I just wanted to let you know that your efforts are appreciated. Keep up the good work and I hope others will follow your example and after such useful information and free for all of us to use

Sarleu's picture
for example, we rent Hertz

for example, we rent Hertz car to travel  1 month

here was http://chattycoupons.com/shops/hertz

Sarleu's picture
my opinion - it is better to

my opinion - it is better to rent

I am looking for someone to

I am looking for someone to drive my car from New Jersey to California fairly soon.

Anybody interested?

Does March Work?

Hi, 

I am Nursing Student in Philadelphia in my senior year.  I am looking to drive across the country from NJ to CA  March 6th.  I will only charge the price of gas.  I am a very expereinced and responsible long distance driver with a clean record.  Please let me know if you are interested at mspinelli997@gmail.com

Thanks I look forward to hearing from you!

Mia 

Hello, I am a Nursing student

Hello, 

I am a Nursing student in my senior year and I am looking to do this drive across country March 6.  Please let me know if these dates work for you.  We would only charge the price of gas to travel across country.  

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mia  

erhan's picture
I can drive your car
I can drive your car cross country

I am a retired teacher, 62, and an experienced driver with a spotless driving record. I would drive your car coast to coast in a leisurely pace for fun, but responsibly. You would pay all expenses based on round trip. Expenses are fuel, food, motel, and return ticket to NYC.

My 2015 driving season has already started with a NYC-Vancouver (Canada) driveaway scheduled for the end of March, and I am very excited! 

Please contact me on my mobile 917-596-1860 or e-mail erhan06@yahoo.com.

I post various ride offers

I post various ride offers on Craigslist for San Diego where I live. This posting would pertain to your needs:

I will travel to get your car when you do not have time to (Anywhere) (Lakeside)

Have you had to leave your car somewhere and you do not have the time to get it? I just did a trip to return a car to its owner that did not have the time to fly down to San Diego and drive it back to San Jose. I got up at 2 am and I was on the road to San Jose. I delivered the vehicle at 2 pm to the owner and I was paid $400 to cover the plane ticket from San Jose to San Diego plus fuel, meal and for my hourly driving charge. The ticket was $230, the meal was $16, fuel was around $70 and my driving charge was $80. I was back home by 8:30 pm tired. I charge $10 an hour driving time based on what google says is the driving time between two points. If you have a car in San Diego and needs to be delivered to let's say Chicago you pay for all expenses which includes my driving time, fuel, motel and return plane ticket to San Diego, or if it is in Chicago then you fly me to Chicago and pay all the expense as previously stated. The only difference in me driving and you driving is the hourly charge. You lose no time with having to travel to get the car and the driving time to drive it to your required destination. I take the hassle away from you, you stay home while I am bringing your vehicle to you. I can supply you with references, proof of insurance, copy of my driving record.

I am booked until 4 Feb 2015. I can fly out on 3 Feb in the afternoon. Southwest has tickets for $289. It leaves at 1:10 pm arriving 11:50 pm. I would need to have a place to sleep then leave early in the morning. I would need you to purchase the plane ticket on your credit card. If you are traveling then all the expenses would be put on your credit card. If you are not traveling with me then I would put the expenses on my American Express card. I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for my wife's records. My cell is 619-993-6577, home 619-443-6577, email mdougher4@cox.net. Just call or email if you are interested.

Sincerely

Mark Dougherty

Available to drive a car from Los Angeles to Boston!

Hi there

My husband and I are relocating to Boston and are available to drive a car from LA to Mass anytime in February or March. Let us know if we can help you out!

Thanks!

Alyssa

Mike Moser's picture
WILL TRANSPORT YOUR CAR FOR FREE

Moving to Utah, California, or Oregon, or Washington State. I will transport your car free of charge. I will pay for the gas expense. I could pick it up from DFW or Austin.

Need car driven or shipped from Pittsburgh to Wickenburg, AZ

I am looking at shipping or having our car driven from the Pittsburgh area to Wickenburg AZ. Ideas and costs?  Thank you. 

If you pay for gas and

If you pay for gas and driving time, I'll do it for just that! I charge around $10 per hour of driving, which, as the first reply said, was $310. I don't require any other expenses being paid, though a bus ticket from Southern NY to Pittsburgh wouldn't be turned down! Contact me through my e-mail if you're interested at marybeth.semosky@yahoo.com! Thank you!

RIDE

Saw your post, and very interested. Need a ride for myself and dog and cat from CA to PA. Willing to pay well, just need someone to drive us. Please contact me asap!!

Need car driven or shipped from Pittsburgh to Wickenburg, AZ

This is only an option for you. I live in San Diego you would fly me to Pittsurgh. It is a 31 hour trip according to Google Maps. I charge $10 an hour driving time so my driving cost is $310 flat. You pay all expenses which includes fuel, meals, motels, my driving time and plane tickets to Pittsburgh and return to San Diego. Southwest has $200 to Pittsburgh and $101 from Phoenix to San Diego. I would need a ride to Phoenix and that is an one hour drive. I ask that you purchase the plane tickets on your credit cards and I will put the other expenses on my American Express Card. I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for my wife's records. I can supply you with references, proof of insurance, copy of my driving record and drivers license. My cell is 619-993-6577, home 619-443-6537, email mdougher4@cox.net.

Sincerely

Mark Dougherty

Need someone to drive your car from New York to San Antonio?

I’m trying to help my brother-in-law find an affordable way to get from Syracuse, NY (or anywhere remotely close) to San Antonio, TX, where he has a new job waiting. The ideal situation will be to drive someone else’s empty vehicle down, so he can transport some of his belongings. He has a clean driver’s record and can pay for gas and tolls.

If you need a vehicle drive from New York to San Antonio, or somewhere close, please reply ASAP.

Driver Needed

I need a driver to take me & my dog from Ca  to Illinois or Wisconsin...payn gas ect must be pet friendly.. i have a van. if u have any questions feel free to email me

timbeach175@yahoo.com

David Hirschberg's picture
Need someone to drive my car from CT to CA, OR, or WA

I have a Toyota Landcruier (1993) in good condition that I would like driven from CT to the West Coast.  Will start you off with a full tank of Gas.  Car is in very good condition.  

your car
Hello,
I am interested in driving your car from CT to tge west coast as soon as you need! I am a college graduate with a clean driving record. When would you need me to depart?

-Claire
or give me a call to discuss: 646 283 7927
Mischa Nezkee's picture
Still looking?

Hey there,

I'm located in CT and would be willing to drive your vehicle to CA for you and I'll cover travel expenses. Let me know if you're still interested.

driving from NY to CA

My sister and I will be driving from NY to CA at the end of March if you are still looking. We would be able to get the car from CT

Pages