Need someone to drive your car cross country?

1241 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Need someone to drive your car cross country?

December 16, 2003 at 09:22:23:

I am planning on traveling from Atlanta, GA to Portland, OR this coming January or February. Does anyone need a car driven out there? Or have any inexpensive ideas on how to get there?

Driver For Hire.

I am a part-time "driveaway" guy with references and simply charge a flat rate per day. 

The flat rate is $250/day which is competatively priced with trucking your vehicle without the hassle of trucking your vehicle. Unlike trucking companies, I do allow people to transport their belongs in the vehicle with me. 

e-mail me here or at carporter1@gmail.com

admin's picture
I need someone to drive my car from Phoenix, AZ to Savanna, GA

I am looking to pay someone to drive my mothers 2005 Chrysler Town & Country (only 37,000 miles on it), from Phoenix, AZ to Savanna, GA. It would need to leave Phoenix November 15th or 16th. 

Thanks,

Mike

(moved here by moderator and posted by user: Mike French )

Thanks for being part of our Family Travel Forum community!

rafaelma's picture
I can drive your car from SF to East Coast

I´m planning a road trip from SF to the East Coast (Boston, NY, DC or Miami) and I´d like to drive your car. Write me to rafamara@gmail.com so we can chat

Need driver to get car from Los Angeles area to Alabama

We're donating our 2006 Hyundai Sonata to a friend who is moving to Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  The car is in great shape but the a/c went out a few weeks ago.  She wouldn't be able to pay expenses but she could meet you in Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, or Atlanta.

Drive my car from DC to Las Vegas

Seeking a responsible individual (who likes dogs!) to drive my vehicle from Chevy Chase, Maryland to Henderson, Nevada - about 15 minutes outside of Las Vegas. You must be comfortable driving an SUV-type vehicle that may have a U-Haul trailer hitched to it. At least 1, but up to 2 dogs, may be along for the ride as well - They will require a brief walk, food, and water, as needed. 

Along with generous compensation, I will cover all gas expenses and tolls, as well as your food and lodging for the trip. 

Must Love Dogs

Hi Mels,

I'm a soon to be divorcée looking to travel.  I live in Philly (quick Amtrak to DC) and would love to drive your SUV to the Vegas area.  I'm a dog owner, lover, and occasional foster parent (of animals!) so I have an idea of how to keep your dog(s) happy.

ease email me directly - jessica7185@yahoo.com if you'd like to discuss further.

Thanks for your consideration!

-Jess

Mike French's picture
I'd like to pay someone to drive from Phoenix, AZ - Savanna, GA

I'm looking to pay someone to drive a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country from Phoenix, AZ to Savanna, GA. It will also be towing a small trailer. Leaving Phx, Nov 15th or 16th. 

Would you be willing to have me come from San Diego

This is just an option.

I live in Lakeside, CA. I would need transportation covered from San Diego to Phoenix, as well as from Savanna, GA back to San Diego. I charge $10 an hour driving time between Phoenix and Savanna base on Google maps for driving time between the two points. It will be a flat rate. If Google says it takes 30 hours to drive and it really takes 35 hours you pay only for the 30 hours=$10x$30=$300. You pay for all the expenses which include airplane ticket to Phoenix and back to San Diego, meals, motel, and fuel. I ask that you put the plane tickets on you credit card and I will put the other expenses on my card and I will ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for my wife's records.

Sincerely

Mark Dougherty

619-993-6577

mdougher4@cox.net

I will drive your SUV, Truck, Van from CO to MA

Hello! I am a recently finished college student from The University of Colorado at Boulder, originally from Massachusetts. Currently living in MA, I have a small storage unit in West Minster, CO with some boxes and such from my time living in Boulder. I am looking to drive a larger vehicle, SUV, pickup truck or Van from somewhere around the Denver area (hour or so radius) to anywhere in New England, as long as I can transport the contents of my storage unit in your vehicle. Once at your destination in New England I will have a family member or friend meet me to pick me and my boxes up! Not looking for any payment to transport your vehicle. Very responsible, hard working, clean driving record. I would love to talk with you on the phone!

Need someone to transport your car/personal items East--> West

Hello all! I'm a Master's graduate with a spotless driving record and 10+ years of driving experiences including many journeys >1000 miles. I'm currently based in Baltimore and would like to drive your vehicle to Texas or California in early October. I'm very flexible with locations, I can meet you almost anywhere for either leg of the journey. Thanks! (410-340-1484)

Want to drive your van from chicago to florida

If you have a large cargo van or expedition  and you want it broughjt to the east coast of Florida in the next two months before winter arrives in Chicago we will do that for you just with the exchange that we can bring a family trunk and 6 paintings and 3 boxes, You do not need to pay us anything, just pay for the gas in your vehicle..I hope we can help each other

SF to NY - taking off around October 18th - need a driver?

I am moving from SF to NY around the weekend of October 18th (flexible within reason) and would like to offer my services to relocate you and your families vehical. 

I am a young woman in my late 20s with a clean driving record.

Please email me if this is something you would be interested in discussing further. 

ms.phoebe.gelfand@gmail.com

Cheers!

PA to Albuquerque

I have a 4Runner moving frm Harrisburg, PA to Albuquerque, NM. Needs to be moved By Oct 3rd, 2014. Let me know :)

Vince (505) 385-2663 call or text

RE: PA to Albuquerque

Just an option. You pay all expenses. I am in San Diego. You would need to fly me to PA. I then drive the car to NM. The expenses are fuel, meals, motel, my driving time and return ticket to San Diego from NM. The expenses for fuel, meals and motel are put on my American Express Card. I ask for two receipts, one for you and one for my wife's records. You put the plane tickets on your card. I charge $10 an hour driving time. I use Google maps to determine the driving time between the two points. Google says it is 27 hours between Harrisburgh and Albuerque, NM. The driving cost is $270, even if it takes 35 hours it still is $270. My cell is 619-993-6577, home 619-443-6537. My email is mdougher4@cox.net

Sincerely

Mark Dougherty

Drive my car from New Jersey to Fort Worth, TX

I'm on assignment in texas and need someone to drive/deliver my 2012 Kia Sorento, SUV, to me from carteret, new jersey, or resonable surrounding area, to fort worth, tx asap or, by latest, end of month (september 2014)

Driver must be a responsible non smoker over the age of 25 with clean driving record  or responsible college student, looking to earn some money, with at least 3 plus years driving history. 

I can fly driver back home 

Call or text me at 2018929981 (Dan)

If anyone needs someone to

If anyone needs someone to drive a car from NY to SF or any part of the California coast i will be really interested… im planing to leave as soon as possible for working reasons… alpujol170@hotmail.com and we can talk about that. Hugs

PA to Albuquerque

Hey Albert, 

I'm in need of someone to drive from PA to Albuquerque. Its a 4runner. Let me know (505) 385-2663 call or text   

Vince

I'll drive your car from Los Angeles to New York!

Hi,

I'm a 29 year old non-smoking female with an absolutely clean driving record -- no moving violations, only parking tickets which are the bane of all Los Angeles drivers. I'm planning to move to NYC at the end of Sept/early Oct and would love to drive your car across the country. I will be shipping a most of my things so if need be, I can also transport some of your stuff. I plan to drive around 400 miles a day. I will cover lodging/meals and would be willing to split the gas money.

I am also insured and have AAA.

Contact me through this listing if you have any questions!

Oh and I'm a filmmaker and you can check out my bio and work at vimeo.com/shuchitalati.

Thanks!!

Shuchi

Austin

Hi 

I'm up in Boston and might be interested in delivering you vehicle to Texas.

lenny

617-718-2199

admin's picture
Drive Car from CT to Texas

I thought I posted this query a few days ago, but now I don't see it up here. I'll use AutoDriveaway if I don't get a response here, but need to get a manual transmission, 2004 Volvo S60 from Middlebury Connecticut to Austin Texas. I can pay for your return flight if you just want to take a trip to Austin. Would like the car transported as soon as possible; someone can meet you at a bus or train station in CT with the car. No smoking, clean driving record only.

reposted here for user JM

Thanks for being part of our Family Travel Forum community!

Great Driver manual or automatic trans

Hello I saw your ad and wouldn't mind taking a trip to Austin Texas, for a fee of course. I am a non smoker and have an excellent driving record!

You can contact me at 201-755-9660.

Patty

Patty, i just saw a response

Patty, i just saw a response u posted for a car to be delivered to austin, tx. My car is in carteret, nj and I need it driven to me in fort worth texas. Any interest? 

I have a 2012 Kia Sorento. Call or text me. 2018929981 (Dan)

Transporting your car

Came across your posting and thought I reply. If your interested I could pickup and drop off your vehicle for you. I have a web site (michaelgkdriveaway) that tells about myself and so on.

Basically I charge a fee plus fuel and any tolls along the way.. I am able to fly at no charge so No airline cost to you and I pick up all my own lodging, food, etc...

So if this interest you at all pleasecontact me and we can go from there.

Thanks.

Mike

JM
Drive from CT to Austin, TX?

Looking for responsible person with clean driving record to drive a car from CT to Austin, TX this fall (dates flexible).

Hello I can drive your car

Hello I can drive your car from CT to Austin TX I am a non smoker and have a clean driving record, I am flexible on the dates we would just have to discuss a reasonable fee.

phoneman55's picture
CT to Austin
JM, Check out my website and I can give you a quote. Thanks, Terry Holt www.henryarcher.com
JM
CT to TX

I forgot to say the car has a manual transmission: 2004 Volvo sedan, in great shape.

phoneman55's picture
CT to TX

Contact me, JM

www.henryarcher.com

Thanks,

Terry

Two Reliable Drivers Headed to West Coast

My boyfriend and I will be in NYC at the beginning of September and are looking to drive back to my home in California, possibly stopping in Oregon first.  We are looking for someone who would like to transport their vehicle anywhere between the east coast and California, and are flexible with destinations.  We both have perfect driving records and spotless background checks.  Please send us an email or reply here to discuss further details.  Looking forward to hearing any input, ideas and offers.
Thanks,

Raychel
rayrayche1@hotmail.com

interested if you're still in nyc

Rachel if you're still in NYC I need my car driven to me from NJ to fort worth texas. I can make arrangements tongetbthe car to you.  Reach out if you're interested. I've just posted an ad here too

Need Someone to Drive Car from West to East Coast

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible that I need driven across country. It is currently parked in Dana Point, CA and I need to get it to the East Coast. I currently live in Portland, Maine but can meet someone as far south as Boston or even New York. 

Michelle Parrish's picture
Newlyweds Taking a road trip...

Hi Ryan, 

How soon were you needing the car driven up to Maine. I would like to take a road trip up to New York with my husband for our first Christmas together (after the 25th) and are willing to drive your car up and fly back from NY. Is this something you would be interested in? We would only ask for gas to be taken care of and the driving up there we'd do free of charge. 

Let me know.

Warm Regads,

Michelle Parrish

RE:Need Someone to Drive Car from West to East Coast

This is what I post on Craigslist Rideshare San Diego:

I will travel to get your car when you do not have time to (Anywhere)

Have you had to leave your car somewhere and you do not have the time to get it? I just did a trip to return a car to its owner that did not have the time to fly down to San Diego and drive it back to San Jose. I got up at 2 am and I was on the road to San Jose. I delivered the vehicle at 2 pm to the owner and I was paid $400 to cover the plane ticket from San Jose to San Diego plus fuel, meal and for my hourly driving charge. The ticket was $230, the meal was $16, fuel was around $70 and my driving charge was $80. I was back home by 8:30 pm tired. I charge $10 an hour driving time based on what google says is the driving time between two points. If you have a car in San Diego and needs to be delivered to let's say Chicago you pay for all expenses which includes my driving time, fuel, motel and return plane ticket to San Diego, or if it is in Chicago then you fly me to Chicago and pay all the expense as previously stated. The only difference in me driving and you driving is the hourly charge. You lose no time with having to travel to get the car and the driving time to drive it to your required destination. I take the hassle away from you, you stay home while I am bringing your vehicle to you. I can supply you with references, proof of insurance, copy of my driving record.

I can leave as soon as I have the keys. I would door to door. My wife would drive me to Dana Point so I would charge $20 for her driving time and $20 for her gas. This covers her going to Dana Point and going back home. I live in Lakeside which is about an hour+ from Dana Point. 

Google says it is 45 hour drive to Portland, ME. So the driving cost is $450 even if it take 50 hours it still is $450, the $40 for my wife, plus fuel, meals, motel and return ticket to San Diego. My cell is 619-993-6577, home phone is 619-443-6537. As I said as soon as I get the car keys I can leave. It is the next day I leave assuming it is late afternoon when I get the keys, if it is early morning then I would right away. Also I put the expenses on my American Express Card and I ask for two receipts one for my wife's records and one for your records. I ask that you purchase the plane ticket.

Sincerely

Mark Dougherty

I can Drive from Texas to California. August 22-25, 2014.

Hi, my name is Bill . I am a very responsible, Christian, non-smoking, 52-year-old mortgage banker. I will be driving my daughter from LA to College Station, Texas this month for her to start her freshman year at Texas A&M. I will be leaving the car behind so that she has transportation at school.

I could fly back to Los Angeles, but would be willing to drive it if you have need of a car delivery from Texas to Southern California.

Bill - blanting@earthlink.net

I can Drive from Texas to California. August 22-25, 2014.

Hi, my name is Bill . I am a very responsible, Christian, non-smoking, 52-year-old mortgage banker. I will be driving my daughter from LA to College Station, Texas this month for her to start her freshman year at Texas A&M. I will be leaving the car behind so that she has transportation at school. I could fly back to Los Angeles, but would be willing to drive if you have need of a car delivery from anywhere in Texas to anywhere in Southern California.

Bill -  blanting@earthlink.net

Will DRIVE van/truck from Philadelphia Area to San Francisco

I'm moving to San Francisco. I have a few things, but too much for a car. If you have a van or need me to drive your van/uhual across country. I'm happy to do it. I'll be making stops in Tennessee, Arkansas, Colorado, and Utah.

Hey I have a 4 Runner that

Hey I have a 4 Runner that needs to go from PA to Albuquerque, NM. Let me know. Vince (505) 385-2663

Need to drive from South Florida to Atlanta

Hi, I am a 49 yr old responsible woman who needs to get back up to Atlanta area to pick up my vehicle within the next week (8/12/14).  I can drive any type of vehicle (other than one which requires a CDL), and have a very good record (driving and otherwise).  Just need a ride (as a passenger or driver).  Look forward to hearing from you!

Going from Philadelphia/Delaware area to Denver

Hi- I am moving back to Denver, CO from the Philadelphia/Wilmington area. I am just looking to get myself, my small dog, and some personal belongings back to Denver without wasting money on a Uhaul. I have a clean driving record and a valid driver's license. Planning on leaving Labor Day weekend and can deliver car by the evening of Tuesday, September 2nd.  

Need someone to drive my car from San Diego CA to Austin TX

My sedan would have to leave San Diego before August 11th 2014. I would pay for gas.

Please contact me at avila036@cougars.csusm.edu

Thanks!smiley

phoneman55's picture
Check out our Site!

Check out Henry Archer Personal Auto Transport, Inc. for your car transport needs. We have a rate schedule and a calender with available dates.

http://www.henryarcher.com

need someone to drive our car from Chicago to Orange County CA

We are looking for a responsible driver with a current license to drive our 2010 Lexus sedan from 
Chicago to San Juan Capistrano, CA (Orange County). We would like the car picked up or we will 
deliver the car to you either Wednesday or Thursday this week. Delivery of the vehicle needs to be the week of August 11th. We will pay for gas, 2 nights lodging, meals and a small fee. Please respond via phone or text if interested!

847-962-8700 Denni

RE:need someone to drive our car from Chicago to Orange County C

I live in Lakeside (San Diego County). Would you consider adding a plane ticket to Chicago? My first night I would spend with relatives in Michigan City, IN. I can send you proof of insurance, copy of my driving record and drivers license. My cell is 619-993-6577, home phone is 619-443-6537.

Sincerely

Mark Dougherty

Available drivers from New York to California September 2014!

My boyfriend and I are arriving back in the USA from Spain at the end of September 2014. We arrive in New York and plan to drive to California (home) from there. If you have the need for a driver to bring your car across country during this time, please do not hesitate to contact me. We are mature adults with a stellar driving history. Details to be discussed later.

Leave  a response here and I will get back to you.

Thank you

Hey there, I have a 4 runner

Hey there, 

I have a 4 runner that needs to go from PA to Albuquerque. Contact me: Vince (505) 385-2663

Driving across country

Welcome back to America!  When do you and your boyfriend plan to leave? I have a Honda Pilot 2011 that I need to be in Los Angeles area but the timing might be off.  I am leaving NYC on August 11.....and can rent a car for a bit in LA (home) but do not want to wait until September- if plans change for you, Please let me know!  Safe travels!(abcima@me.com as well)

Amy

Drive Car

Hello Amy,

We don't return until September 29th. So sorry it won't work for you. Good luck with your search for driver.

All the best

Patricia

Drive car

Hi Patricia,

We are moving back to the San Diego area from just outside Washington DC. I am intending to rent a truck and pack it myself to drive across country. I had planned to tow my wifes car behind the truck but I wondered if driving the truck and car would be something you would consider. The timing may work out but let me know your thoughts.

Nigel

Need someone to drive my car from Worcester, MA to Tampa, FL

Looking for someone to please drive my car from Worcester, MA to Tampa, FL. I have too much furniture and have to make seperate trips. I will need it picked up on or by Friday 15th August. Willing to pay for gas, one way flight home and any other obvious expenses. Please inbox me! Thanks. 

Worcester-Tampa

If you still need this delivery give me a call   lenny  617-718-2199

Pages