Best ski resort with babies

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Best ski resort with babies

My husband and I love to ski and we're wondering if anyone has any opinions on the best ski resorts for babies. We are okay with leaving the baby in a daycare onsite, or hiring a babysitter if there is a reputable service. Anyone with experience out there?

I love reading through your

I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts.

thanks

Thanks, you have made it easy for me to understand.

admin's picture
Ski Resorts with Babies

We agree that there are a lot of terrific places to ski in the US with nursery facilities for babies and toddlers.  These are usually state licensed and comply with much stricter laws than even the preschools have to observe.  However, many doctors recommend that infants under age 6 months who live at sea level not be taken above 8,000 feet, so look closely at the altitude of the ski village or base camp where baby will cared for.  then, enjoy!

Thanks for being part of our Family Travel Forum community!

I wanted to say that it's

I wanted to say that it's nice to know that someone else also mentioned this as I had trouble finding the same info elsewhere. This was the first place that told me the answer 

Anonymous (not verified)
re:

What are the probable cause why do babies cry often nighttime and the sleep during daytime?

Have more tips and know the causes of it by clicking www.seapyramid.net.

Chin www.seapyramid.net

http://www.seapyramid.net/rt/babies/

You could rent a family

You could rent a family friendly chalet at any family resort (Flaine, France is good for kids- if you're thinking of Europe)

Then you could take a Ski/Holiday Nanny with you, meaning you don't need to worry about strangers/day care etc.  I much prefer staying in family chalets, than hotel environments when skiing with kids.

A HOliday Nanny Agency - My Travelling Nanny

You don’t have to give up your ski retreats just because you have a kid. Skiing destinations with a little one can be fun, even if it’s nothing like the trip you took prior to you had your own family. Condos, chalets, and town houses can also be a suitable way to stay and ski. These provide some of the ease of home like space for your baby’s naps, kitchens and laundry.

In Europe there are also many skiing resorts, like f.ex Italy. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun there!

lauras's picture

Many US Ski Resorts have facilities for babies and because they must be licensed, they follow the same rules and regulations you'd find in a licensed daycare. That usually means a certain caregiver to baby ratio, safety and hygiene standards, space requirements, trained staff, etc. They tend to be excellent.

Telluride Colorado has an especially nice baby care facility, as does Deer Valley Utah, Jackson Hole Wyoming, Mt. Bachelor Oregon, Whistler British Columbia, Smugglers Notch Vermont, and actually the list goes on and on.

I'd say start with where you'd like to ski and then check to see if they have infant care. Many resorts have babysitting services, too -- I've used them when one of my children was sick. They tend to be more expensive because it's one on one, but they are usually bonded and quite reliable. And because everyone carries a cell phone these days, daycare facilities can call you if there are any problems. In areas where cell phones don't work, daycares will often pass out walkie talkies to parents so they can stay in touch.

So, look, the theme here is that somebody else or something else is making you go faster than you might want to go and not letting you stop. Greyhounds have to race all day; people make them go really fast. Being on rollerblades in a shopping center and getting pushed makes you go quickly and out of control. Ski slopes are fun, but once you start going downhill, there's no telling whether you'll be able to stop, and you'll probably keep speeding up for a while.