Tips for traveling with children

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
travellingdad's picture

We've been fortunate to travel a lot with our children, and here are some of my tips for successful family travel.

[url]http://travellingdad.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/tips-for-traveling-with-ki...

Ella rich's picture
We have a good journey when

We have a good journey when we are with children. Its an amazing moments when we are with family.It is very interesting to see how you manage to keep your kids busy at many points of the journey as this will make you travel when you are more relaxed

Great tips i will keep in my

Great tips i will keep in my mind all theses tips when i will go to a trip with family .thanks for sharing

i think that it is the big

i think that it is the big risk for  children because children are not preapare for this and you cant go ecery where with children so make your travel without kids .when they younger the make their own way.

We will want to consider

We will want to consider taking on our road trips in order to make them more enjoyable are as follows:
  - Frisbee or Ball
  - Plastic box, the lid will make a good desk.
  - Bottles of water
  - Blanket
  - Paper towels, For cleanups
  - Crackers are especially good because they can ease nausea.
  - Trash bags, For cleaning and wet clothes

Nice post. I do not need it

Nice post. I do not need it yet, but I will definitely recommend these tips to my best friend as she has kids. She really face lota of difficulty while travel with her kids.

Play games!

I've found that when traveling with my kids we really enjoy playing games in the car instead of plugging into the DVD player.  Sure, if it's a long trip, we'll watch a movie to break up the games, but we don't let the kids watch it the entire trip.  We found a great book online that gives plenty of ideas for simple games to play in the car.  "Are We There Yet?" by Jeff Sechler (ISBN: 1463785445) has helped us pass the time on trips to grandma's or the beach or even a short trip to the mall.  It's amazing how much fun the kids can have and how stress-free a trip can be when everyone is having fun and genuinely enjoying themselves.

I highly recommend it to anyone who has kids and likes to travel. Check it out for yourself! "Are We There Yet?" on Amazon.com.

travel by baby

If you take your babies to England you have to get visa for them.........

It is rules & regulation of any country.......................

Thanks for grate tips..really this tips are so helpful in travelling

Seat belt is the most important while traveling in car. Your tips is so helpful.

thanks

I'm glad I found this thread...

Traveling with children, especially infants and toddlers, puts special demands on the adults responsible for their well being. Based on analyses of dozens of aviation incidents and accidents involving children and on my own experience as a traveling parent, here are ten tips that can make the trip safer for the child.

* Plan ahead
* Prepare for possible emergencies
* Take all essential items for the children in carry-on luggage
* Bring along safe toys
* Seat your child away from an aisle
Thanks........

You are really fortunate to travel with your kids. Because you can bond and have good memories together.

thankss

Thanks.

Thanks for this post.

Thank you so much for such valuable trips. Being a mother I always got conscious about children's safety & peace. These tips greatly help me.

Every family having/facing some problem while on traveling..... I check the link posted by thread starter has some good tips for the traveler. When i plan to go out for visits. Before one week i have to make plan regarding safe and enjoy journey.

Just entertain your children by having some trivia while you are still in the traveling status..This can add up to your bonding with your children.

[url=http://www.tunisianholidays.co.uk/]Tunisia holidays[/url]

Thank you so much for a very informative post...This can really help lot especially to a big family like ours..

You are very welcome

[QUOTE=nimmysnv;23210]thanks fort such helpful tips and i appreciate it ,i will keep use of it and pretty handy.
thanks again![/QUOTE]
You are very welcome nimmysnv, maffick and travellingdad
I'm happy I could help
Cheers

Traveling with children can be difficult but above given tips will make trips easy and convenient to all of you,traveling With Children. Special Rules and Fares for Infants, Children, and Youth ... see Policies.....

Hi,

This is great to read and great to watch your pics,it seems to had a lot of fun.great tips given over there.You got a great word press blog.

thanks!

travellingdad's picture
Travelling with kids...

Maffick,
I didn't have kids so that we could travel, we had kids because we wanted kids, BUT I have found our family travel to be incredibly rewarding, and hopefully one day you will too ! Seeing the world, learning different cultures with your kids is truly an amazing experience.
Rutha,
We were in York in 200 when our kids were very small. We all loved it. Found the whole town to be one living museum. Also went to the train museum. Without the kids we did a ghost walk starting at Clifford's Tower. Awesome !

thanks fort such helpful tips and i appreciate it ,i will keep use of it and pretty handy.
thanks again!

Hunnn,

Thanks to god that i don't have kid yet, either have to follow so much tension, it is great, thanks!

travelling with kids in England

Well, I feel quite fortunate to be an adult with a childish spirit. That makes my kids and me even as we are all seeking for the same kind of attractions. Our favorite attractions are found especially in England:

London: Cartoon Museum, Pollock's Toy Museum, Medieval Banquet, Jack the Ripper Walking Tour, endless list of musicals, London Dungeons, Shakespeare’s Globe Theater, Madame Tussauds wax museum, Royal palaces, music shops, Hide Park, Covent Garden, London zoo, Old Operating Theatre Museum, London Wetland Centre, Jason's Canal Boat, Planet Hollywood and more: easyclicktravel web site-Activity)
and in here: (easyclicktravel web site- travel guide- London-Attractions) .
York: York Dungeons, Treasurer's House, York City Walls, Shambles, Castle Museum, Yorkboat and of course the unforgettable Jorvik Viking Center.(yahoo travel- York, United Kingdom Attractions)
Oxford: Shakespeare's Country, Windsor http (dayoutwiththekids)

Enjoy your kids and never forget to be one :)