Author: Family Travel Forum Staff
Tags : Adventure Trip, Blogs, North America, USA, Utah
The Park City Mountain Resort, located in the heart of Park City, Utah, can be your base this summer for family fun. Join our Mountain Vacation Scavenger Hunt and you can win four action-packed days at this beautiful resort. We know that exploring what Park City has to offer all ages and interests can take days, weeks or even months, but winning four days of lodging, activity and meals is a great start to a dream family vacation and unforgettable adventure.
Park City is a Great Family Mountain Vacation Destination
For our family, the Rocky Mountains are a chance to escape the summer heat and breathe in crisp mountain air.
In Park City, we like to stroll the hip Main Street with its trendy boutiques and more than 100 fine restaurants. Little ones will love the Wild West look of the local architecture, and teens will have fun shopping. Did you know that it wasn’t until after silver prices declined in the mid-20th century that Park City, Utah reinvented itself as a resort? The Park City Museum on Main Street explains the area's silver mining history and how it became a ski town famous for both the slopes and the Sundance Film Festival.
Active families can strap on packs for days full of hiking, mountain biking (it is a certified Gold Ride Center by the International Mountain Biking Association) and horseback riding together.
You and your kids will love the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster at Park City Mountain Resort and if that isn’t enough to tire everyone out, there are two Zip Lines, miniature golf, climbing walls, and so much more.
Thrill seekers can test their skills at the Olympic training facilities, then watch the London 2012 competition at night in a cozy Park City Mountain Resort room. Even families traveling with someone with special needs can have an action-packed vacation thanks to the experts at the National Ability Center, a world-class adaptive sports facility.
And Park City is easy to get to. Most major airlines and many low cost carriers fly there (more than 800 daily flights, many arriving before noon) and it’s just 35 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport. If you drive, you can make the Park City Mountain Resort your base for a great national parks road trip.
How to Win a Park City Mountain Resort Vacation
Ready to win a dreamy Park City Mountain Resort family vaction*? It couldn't be easier to enter this Mountain Vacation Scavenger Hunt, which is a joint promotion of Family Travel Forum and our partners at TakingtheKids.com; TravelingMom.com and Park City Mountain Resort. Simply answer our Question of the Day about mountain fun for all in the widget below.
Park City Mountain Resort Scavenger Hunt
You've seen the widget, now here are some clues:
- The answer to the question of the day will come from one of 3 participating websites, either MyFamilyTravels.com;TakingtheKids.com; orTravelingMom.com
- Use the widget and it will tell you exactly which post to check.
- Extended! Start right now; the contest ends at 12:01am ET on June 25, 2012
- There are optional extra entries too for even more chances to win.
For an optional additional entry each day:
Help us promote the contest by tweeting about it through the widget - you can say:
It's easy to win a Park City Mtn Resort #Utah vacay this summer; see http://ow.ly/bhtxh
- You can earn an extra three entries every day if you leave a comment here or on the participating sites' contest posts: TakingtheKids.com; orTravelingMom.com with your best tips for keeping cool this summer – see the widget for more details.
- Please note, each tip left must be unique - a different one each day and on each site. But, you can enter as many times as you've got tips – just don’t forget to click ‘did it’ in the widget for the entry to count.
Prize Details* Park City Mountain Resort Vacation
Thanks to our partner at the Park City Mountain Resort, we are giving away a three-night, four day summer getaway to Park City. This package includes:
- 3 nights of lodging at the fabulous Silver Star Resort
- Four 3-day VIP passes to enjoy all of Park City Mountain Resort’s summer adventures (Alpine Slide, Alpine Coaster, Zip Lines and much more)
- $150 Gift Card for food at Park City Mountain Resort
It's easy to enter using the widget above, and you can come back tomorrow for a new question and new chances to enter the sweepstakes. Please read all the legal fine print for contests so you know all the rules!
And come party with us on Twitter #TMOM on Monday, June 4th at 9pm ET, where we'll be chatting about mountain vacations and giving away Park City prize packs!
Good luck, and don't forget to share your best mountain vacation tips!
Please note: Prizes and details subject to change and subject to availability. Answers which are either innapropriate or spam will not be counted as entries. The winner will be chosen randomly. Restrictions may apply. You will have 48 hours to respond and claim your prize.