Biking is one of those fun activities you never forget, so be sure to start your kids early. In this section we review places where it's easy to rent one or super fun to ride.
Our reviews of the top family vacation destinations and trip ideas organized by keywords (Italy, Caribbean, teens, etc) and topic (snowsports, spa, etc) to make your research easier.
- We took an adventure last summer. That was our first multiday bicycle tour without a car. We took ferry from Germany to Bornholm, Denmark, then we rode for 6 days around island of Bornholm. During the trip we recorded vlog with our adventures. Interested in details? Please visit our blog,...Tags:
- The words Las Vegas conjure up images of glitz, glam and gambling. But in reality, an outside world awaits. Las Vegas easily caters to outdoor enthusiasts, families, and to those who just want to discover and enjoy its nearby scenic desert landscape. Here are just a few things Las Vegas offers. ...Tags:
- Give me 72 hours and I'll show you a side of Florida you never imagined. Planning a Florida family vacation usually involves rushing from theme park to theme park to hop on the latest ride and pose in front of a selfie-worthy attraction. The other Florida family favorite is full of sunny beaches...Tags:
- With luggage being rethought by crowd-funded entrepreneurs, and technology infusing all aspects of travelers' essentials, we surfed around and tested some of the latest products to bring you fresh picks for the traveler in your life. Stash and Go Travel Have a loved one whose idea of travel is...Tags:
- Hike, bike, swim and raft your way around the world with Austin Adventures, on a soft adventure with ages 7+ or on a more challenging trip with teens. They call it "Big Sky Country," and just one day of hiking in the mountains gave us proof that this was no misnomer. A couple of days of our Austin...Tags:
- If time is more important than money when planning your next family vacation, turn to one of these top purveyors of guided, organized trips for the adventure of a lifetime. When our family prepares to go hiking, it begins something like this: before leaving the house, my husband, Rich, and I scour...Tags:
- The proverb “Necessity is the mother of invention” came to my mind when I met Chitra Stern, the founder, along with her husband, Roman, of the Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts in Portugal. As the parents of four children, they know just how important family vacations are, and they know exactly...Tags:
- Mohonk Mountain House, the Tyler Place Family Resort and Smugglers Notch are among the top family getaways in the Northeast, and all three will fulfill your vacation fantasy of clean air, natural beauty and a myriad of activities for all ages. However, the similarities end there as each creates a...Tags:
- Perhaps the best known stretch of highway in America -- California's Highway 1 between Los Angeles and San Francisco is 400 miles of coastal beauty that's become our "favorite family roadtrip." What comes to mind when you think of California? Is it the cable cars climbing the hills of San...Tags:
- Both inland, and along the dramatic coast of the English Channel, the countryside of South West England is picturesque, quaint, historic and full of delightful sights and quintessentially British people. Here, you are not far from the region of England that is home to Highclere Castle (or as many...Tags: