Our reviews of the top family vacation destinations and trip ideas organized by keywords (Italy, Caribbean, teens, etc) and topic (snowsports, spa, etc) to make your research easier.
- Here's a primer on what all-inclusive vacations mean at DR, St. Lucia and Bahamas resorts, where one price buys room, board and fun! Recently I read a plaintive letter to a popular travel magazine asking how he or she could visit tropical beaches with two children under 5-years-old. That got me...Tags:
- Friendly locals, broad sand beaches, fine resorts and an array of activities for all ages make this Caribbean isle in the British West Indies a top value getaway. "An eyeful 'en a bellyful..." Roughly translated, the Bajan proverb (Barbadians are called Bajans) means 'having a good look at...Tags:
- A family traveler explores Costa Rica's Tortuguero National Park in beautiful Costa Rica. In addition to my many other Costa Rican travels, I have spent some time along the Caribbean coast. In a country full of national parks, Tortuguero is one of the richest and most popular. Puerto LimÃ³n Puerto...Tags:
- St. John, with its low-key development and gorgeous underwater marine parks may be our favorite of the Virgin Islands for the active family. Nobody doesn't love St. John. This island, in my opinion anyway, is one of the crown jewels of the Caribbean. The half-hour ferry ride from the sister U.S....Tags:
- Long considered the playground of the tan, the fit and the wealthy, and host to too many toga parties and limbo contests, the U.S. Virgin Islands are saying good bye to hedonism -- and they're welcoming families. It's true that cruise ships still ply the astonishingly turquoise waters (too blue to...Tags:
- FTF investigates underwater gadgets and new programs designed to introduce children and elders to the undersea world in a fun and safe way. You probably marveled at one of those little torpedo-like devices in the James Bond movie, Die Another Day, but now children over age 8 in many Caribbean...Tags: