Our reviews of the top family vacation destinations and trip ideas organized by keywords (Italy, Caribbean, teens, etc) and topic (snowsports, spa, etc) to make your research easier.
- Kids are everywhere -- on cruise ships anyway -- whether you are in the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska or far-flung destinations like the Galapagos Islands and even the Arctic. According to the MMGY Global 2016 Portrait of American Travelers, those who travel with kids (63% vs. 56%) are more...Tags:
- Every year my family and I take a cruise ship from Miami, Florida around the many islands of the Caribbean. My family is Afro-Caribbean, and we feel very strongly about our roots in the islands. Traveling with young members and aging great-grandparents of the family, it is always nice that there’s...Tags:
- The Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, one of many resorts on the 3-mile-long Ka'anapali Beach, is so authentically Hawaiian that families return over and again, as if to visit ohana (family). Over several visits to Maui, we have tried hotels ranging from small B&Bs to elegant five-star luxury resorts,...Tags:
- Wales, a small country in the United Kingdom (along with Scotland, England and Northern Ireland), offers a great diversity of surprising experiences. It feels comfortable, safe, and familiar -- yet foreign enough to be exciting for Americans. While everyone speaks English, the ancient Welsh...Tags:
- On its opening day in 1955, Disneyland opened its doors to families willing to pay just $1 for adults and $0.50 for children to create their first magical memories and recreate storybook fun. It's easy to get nostalgic about the good old days where you just needed loose change to get into Disney....Tags:
- The Bay Area around San Francisco is partying all year to the tune of #SummerofLove50, the 50th anniversary celebration of the counterculture’s meteoric rise to prominence in 1967. Like the Human Be In on January 14, 1967 and the many public pranks and festivals that preceded it, the Summer of...Tags:
- We all have sacred family traditions from our childhood that we still hold dear today. I bet for a lot of us, one of the most magical childhood vacations we think about is Disneyland. The rides, the characters we loved so much, the treats Mom and Dad made special exceptions to buy, and the endless...Tags: