Our reviews of the top family vacation destinations and trip ideas organized by keywords (Italy, Caribbean, teens, etc) and topic (snowsports, spa, etc) to make your research easier.
- Traveling with pets is not always easy; but in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, bringing your dog along for the vacation is a breeze. Recently named America’s most dog-friendly city by DOG FANCY, Coeur d’Alene is now the winner of the 2011 DogTown USA competition. What does that mean for families with pets?...Tags:
- If you’re looking for a cool, rural getaway, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, is the spot for you. Surrounded by more than 55 lakes within easy driving distance from the city, Coeur d’Alene is the perfect vacation destination for families looking to experience some of the authentic Northwest. The city of...Tags:
- We arrived after dark with our packs loaded and ready to hike. There were four of us and we were all severely overloaded for an easy one and a half mile hike and two night stay. I was carrying eighty pounds of gear in my pack and I felt the burn of tired muscles just in the short walk from the...Tags:
- A traditional family resort in Sun Valley, Idaho offers recreation during both summer and winter seasons. Readers may remember my review of Sun Valley's spectacular ski experience a few years back -- and it remains one of my favorite places to take the kids for winter family fun. But once the snow...Tags:
- Experience a luxury family vacation along the Salmon River in Idaho with the tour company ROW, and meet a crew of other whitewater rafting families. I sat with 21 wind-blown city slickers, including 11 skittish souls between the ages of 5 and 12, around the pool of the Clarkston Quality Inn. As...Tags: