Our reviews of the top family vacation destinations and trip ideas organized by keywords (Italy, Caribbean, teens, etc) and topic (snowsports, spa, etc) to make your research easier.
- Indiana, the heart of the Midwest, has evolved into a sustainably developed region where families find electric ride-share vehicles, organic farm-to-table cuisine and educational institutions advocating social change. Called the "Hoosier State" for its triumphant sports teams, it's also packed with...Tags:
- Q. Crystal H. of Dundee, Michigan asks for help in planning what to do and where to camp out in Indiana for her family and friends, a group of 11 in total. A. Thanks for your request for ideas on camping in Indiana, where you will be traveling with a large group for 11 days in May 2011. As we...Tags:
- I admit to being a New York fashion snob who would sooner shop in le Midi than in the Midwest, so not until I attended the Travel Media Showcase conference in Illinois last summer had I even heard of Vera Bradley. The friendly team at the Visit Fort Wayne tourism booth told me they were hometown to...Tags:
- With a super-charged topic like race relations coloring the perception of many American cities, I suggest exploring five destinations where black lives not only matter, they fuel fascinating cultural institutions too few travelers know about. Here are some highlights of African American culture in...Tags:
- Head to Indy for concerts, museums, history, transportation and endless fun throughout spring, summer and fall (winter's cold!) The best things in life are still free, at least in Indiana's capitol of Indianapolis. Spend the day listening to music, learn about the city's rich history, get involved...Tags:
- Take your preschoolers on a long summer weekend to Indiana to savor the kindest, gentlest theme park in the central US. "I'm thirsty!" Gabby, my 5-year old complains. The day we visited Holiday World Amusement Park in Santa Claus, Indiana is a scorcher, and she's starting to drag. No problem! ...Tags: