The economy, your in-laws, your bum knee? If you've postponed that Orlando family vacation till just the right time, you're in luck. This year is it — the right time.
Kids and in-laws of any age will find plenty of fun and thrills; all the attractions are disability friendly; you can even go cheaply if you plan smart. That's where Twitter comes in, as you'll find out in our Visit Orlando Twitter Party Monday, May 14th at 9pm ET. Just log on to Twitter and seach for #TMOM to join us and talk all things Orlando.
Join our Visit Orlando Twitter Party, It's Easy
WHEN do I visit Twitter? May 14, 9-10 pm EDT (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT)
WHO are the Orlando Experts? Panelists @TravelingMoms @KimOrlando @DebMomOf3 @TeresaShaw @ionMyAdventures @ConnieFoggles @TakingtheKids @FamilyTravel4um @VisitOrlando will help you make the most out of your Orlando vacation.
HOW to join the Twitter Party? Follow the hashtags #TMOM #VisitOrlando and you can the action; login to Twitter to participate and add your own questions and comments.
Exciting News from Visit Orlando
- LEGOLAND Florida, already one of the area's newest attractions, is adding even more attractions including a waterpark with wave pools, “build-a-raft” lazy river, waterslides with 60-feet drops and a DUPLO Splash Safari for toddlers.
- Forever Florida EcoSafaris opens The Rattlesnake, a new zipline rollercoaster, to its wide array of high-flying adventures set in the natural Florida landscape.
- SeaWorld Orlando is opening TurtleTrek, which invites guests to visit two new naturalistic habitats teeming with hundreds of freshwater fish, more than 1,500 saltwater fish and more than a dozen sea turtles.
- At Universal Orlando, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man gets bigger and better. There's a new Superstar Parade by day, and the multimedia fireworks and film clips of 100 Years of Movie Memories (pictured above) by night. And how about the drive-in minigolf at Citywalk for after hours?
- At the Walt Disney World Resort, the Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland has expanded to include a Storybook Circus area with dueling Dumbo's attractions and Great Goofini Coaster for your tiny travelers. The "Heroes Work Here" program will provide jobs, career training and family support to returning veterans at all the parks.
- Many of the city's great resort hotels are featuring discounted rates if you book early, and even better deals if you visit before July 1st. So, whether you're up for a hang gliding adventure or would rather enjoy a relaxing day at a luxury spa, VisitOrlando.com has got you covered! There are even many free things to do in Orlando.
Join our Visit Orlando Twitter Party & Talk to the Pro's
WHEN: May 14, 9-10 pm EDT (8-9 pm CT; 7-8 pm MT; 6-7 pm PT) To be eligible, you must:
2. Have at least one tweet on the party from 9-10 pm EDT on May 14.
Please help us spread the word about @VisitOrlando and #TMOM Monday by tweeting:
Orlando, Fla., has theme parks – and more! Find out more at the #TMOM Twitter party 9pm EDT 5/14. RSVP for prizes: http://bit.ly/J0REMR
Then leave the link to the tweet at the TMOM party page. (To get a link to your tweet, simply click on the time and date stamp below your tweet. It will take you to the page and give you the link. Clip and paste the link below in the comments section.) Remember, you only get credit for this entry if you leave the link to your tweet in the comment section below. You may tweet as often as you like and get a new entry for each tweet but remember: There is a fine line between being promotional and spamming your followers.
Prizes and details subject to change and subject to availability. All winners will be chosen using random.org. Restrictions may apply. You will have 48 hours to respond and claim your prize.
Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.