Looking for someone to drive my car from LA to DC - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Looking for someone to drive my car from LA to DC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Rich Hargrave

Hi Sarah,
    Just now saw your ad (Mon 7/12/21, 1:45pm LA time), and noticed NO DETAILS are in it.
    What kind of car (make/model/year)?
    What transmission type and characteristics of it to know when driving the I-40 to DC?
    What expenses are the driver paying out and what are you paying for?

I’m in LA and it would be fun to go to DC. I’ve been to Nashville, so I’d see this as a 5 day (not in a hurry) drive, unless you need it there in 3 (72 hours).
    Looking at $1400+ staying at Choice hotels or Motel 6 3-4 nights.
    Please reply with any other details and deadlines.
    Thanks
    Rich

—————
    July 6, 2021 at 3:53 pm#155953REPLY
    Sarah
    Hi! I’m looking for someone to drive my car from Los Angeles, CA to Washington, DC, as soon as possible! Please contact me if you’re interested and available.

• #156119 Reply
    Alan

Hi Sarah,
    I can drive your vehicle for$1400.00 plus gas no airline ticket or meals. You can call or email me. 407-803-3309 [email protected]
    Thank you,
    Alan

• #156027 Reply
    Corey Proctor

Hi Sarah,
    My name is Corey Proctor. I’m currently delivering a 20′ U-Haul from WV to Fort Smith, AR. It would be great if I could deliver your vehicle to DC for you rather than just taking a flight back to Maryland where I live.

I will complete the trip for $1200+gas as well as a plane ticket from Fort Smith to LA, which is $300 for a flight leaving tomorrow, 7/8. I would arrive in LA early-late afternoon depending on the flight. And I can deliver your vehicle in 3-4 days rather than 5!

Please call or txt me @ 240-676-3021

I would prefer to leave tomorrow as it would save you money on the flight, which would be more expensive on the weekend. The other reply to your posted sounded like it could get expensive quickly. I hope my offer sounds like a win-win for both of us and I hope to hear from you soon, Sarah!

Sincerely, Corey Proctor

• #156003 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Hi Sarah.
    My name is Mark Dougherty. I charge $10 an hour driving time based on Google maps. According to Google maps it is a 40 hour drive, my driving cost is $400 plus expenses.
    Expenses are:
    Meals $40 per day x 5=$200
    Motels $100+/- x 5 nights=$500+/-
    Fuel cost is unknown not knowing what your cars mpg is
    Return plane ticket to San Diego
    Bus ticket from San Diego to LA
    $60 for my wife to take me to the bus station and pick me up on my return
    This link will take you to the story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html#:~:text=Mark%20Dougherty%20makes%20a%20few,%2C%20gas%2C%20lodging%20and%20meals.
    My cell is 619-993-6577
    My email [email protected]
    I can leave as early as tomorrow. I would almost prefer to leave on July 17th the reason is that my son and Granddaughters are flying into San Diego on July 11th and I have not seen them in a couple years.
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #155953 Reply
    Sarah

Hi! I’m looking for someone to drive my car from Los Angeles, CA to Washington, DC, as soon as possible! Please contact me if you’re interested and available.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #156027 in Looking for someone to drive my car from LA to DC
Your information:

Cancel