Peru trip - My Family Travels
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Tracy

How was your trip? Do you have some pictures and/or stories to share?
    We are traveling to Lima in four weeks and would really appreciate some tips/advices.
    We are a family of four with the two children 9 and 11 yo and thinking if that is a good idea to go on an Inca Trail https://natourandes.com/tours/classic-inca-trail-hike-to-machu-picchu/ with the kids. Is it too intense with the children?

• #194974 Reply
    RHA

Make sure you don’t forget some warm slippers on your trip, night can get really cold in the valleys

• #160802 Reply
    John

We have a small group planning on traveling to Peru. Looking at the packages it doesn’t appear that we can do everything that we want. We want to spend about a week in Lima and a week in Cusco. There will be between 2 and 6 of us. I speak very little spanish but will buy one of those pocket translators that does not need wifi. I am trying to keep the cost low to enable more people to go. We wish to:

Spend a day in Lima at the plaza and nearby attractions
    Hike to laguna 69. I know a bus goes there and its about 8 hours
    another day in Lima to visit the art museum of gold, art museum and park of love
    maybe another day in Lima
    Spend a day in Cusco at the plaza and nearby attractions
    take the 2-3 day hike to machu picchu by the hydro electric dam
    check out the saqsaywaman
    Go to the rainbow mountains
    maybe another day in Cusco

I plan on going in April or May
    Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Can I find local guides?
    Someone told me making hotel reservations cost twice as much. Are reservations necessary?
    Does anyone know the 2-3 route to hike to Machu Picchu?
    I believe I can get a guide at Machu Picchu. Or should I get one for the 2-3 day hike?

Is this too ambitious? Should we forget about our ideal trip and settler for a package?
    I don’t mind doing the work to plan it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #194974 in Peru trip
Your information:

Cancel