Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

Viewing 1,012 reply threads
  • Author
    Don Ferriolo

Hello Californians,
    If you would like to have your car driven from the San Diego area to the Carolinas the second week of April
    by a non smoker responsible older couple, feel free to contact me by email. Drive time would be four days
    at no cost to you.

Don

• #310191 Reply
    Dan Altman

Hey all. Looking to relocate a vehicle for vacation? Permanent move? A sale? Purchase? Best for yor mind at ease, hirer a driveaway person. You deal directely with the person you are leaving in charge of your vehicle. Hirer a company, no telling for sure who has your baby!!!!
    I have been in business for nine years plus. Nearly 200 moves. Let me know if I can help you. I can provide an honest, accurate quote. Multiple references.
    I carry commercial liability soley for this business.
    Retired military.
    Based out of metro Atlanta GA. Travel nationwide!
    Thank you.
    Dan

• #310358 Reply
    Lucien Spect

Hello!
    Looking for someone to drive my car from Washington state to NYC, or partway. ASAP, before April 10th ideal.
    Let me know!
    [email protected]

• #308517 Reply
    Nina Christenson

Hello! I am looking to do a trip from San Francisco to Massachusetts in May 2024 and wondering if anyone needs their car driven across the country at that time. I am licensed and an experienced driver and wont charge anything. Email me at [email protected]
    Thank you!!

• #310210 Reply
      Lucien Spect

Hello!

I’m wondering if there is anyone who would like to drive my car from Olympia, WA to NYC in the next few weeks (ideally arriving in NYC before 4/07). I would split the gas cost with you.

Alternatively, if anyone would go part of the way from Washington, I could meet somewhere in the middle of the country to drive the rest of the way.

Let me know!

Best,
      Lucien

• #310211 Reply
      Lucien Spect

Hello! I’m looking for someone to drive my car from Washington state to NYC or nearby in the next few weeks (arriving before April 7th ideally). I would split gas with you.

Alternatively, if you wanted drive it from Washington to somewhere in the middle of the country, I could drive the rest of the way.

Let me know if you are interested!
      Lucien
      [email protected]

• #308311 Reply
    Dan Altman

Just completed another drive. Short and sweet!
    Business has been a little slow..but I am still available!!
    Have a 2,000 mile trip booked for April!
    If you are looking for an experienced, insured driver for your
    vehicle, give me a holler. You have nothing to lose!
    Almost 200 successful drives over last 8 years.
    Thanks
    Dan
    [email protected]
    my website: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

• #308763 Reply
      Dalia Ahmed

I have sent you email

• #308042 Reply
    John Griffis

Hello.

I am a recently retired military veteran living in the DC area. Non-smoker, non-drinker. I am looking for the opportunity to drive a vehicle from anywhere between DC and NYC to California.

I will take the first reasonable offer. Try me!

[email protected]

• #307907 Reply
    JD

Hello,

I am a professional driver for hire who can personally drive your vehicle from any state from one location to another in a reasonable amount of time. Cars, moving trucks, busses, RV mobile homes, etc. I am a licensed Class B driver. Non-smoker.

If you are interested in my service please contact me at my email address below and please provide the following in your inquiry:

– Zip codes for the departing and drop-off location
    – Vehicle make and model for the estimated fuel/toll costs
    (moving truck size if applicable)
    – Estimated departing and arrival dates for the drive

I will promptly respond with a reasonable quote. Please keep in mind that moving trucks, busses, RV campers, anything in tow, etc. would be slightly more than a standard car or SUV.

I can provide strong references.

I DO NOT SIGHTSEE WITH YOUR VEHICLE!

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #307428 Reply
    Dan Altman

Need a private or corporate vehicle relocated?

There are two primary ways, Shipping or Driveaway.
    – Shipping is an option with a lot of variables and questions, some of which you have no control over.
    – Hiring a Driveaway service offers you more control as well as direct communication with the driver of your vehicle. Keep that in mind!

If you are in need of relocating a vehcile, Don’t hesitate to ask for a quote. You only pay for my driving duties. All other expenses are “penny for penny”. I do not ask for any monies up front.

Tks
    Dan

• #307349 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

My name is Mark Dougherty andI am a driver for higher. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps plus expenses. Expenses are meals, motels, fuel, plane tickets, bus tickets, transportation from my residence in San Diego to mode of transportation where I will be picking up vehicle. I have been a driver since I retired in 2012. I have charged the same driving cost of for the past 12 years. I put meals @ $50.00 per day and I put motels @ $100.00+/- per night. You pay only what is on the receipts. I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of plane tickets, I ask that you put them on your credit card. I also as that you put me on your insurance policy for duration of the trip. I can drive any rental truck upto 26′ and under GVW 26,000 lbs for a class c license. I can tow car carriers when driving a rental truck or your vehicle. My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected].
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #305176 Reply
    Orly BH

Does anyone need their car driven from New York/New Jersey/Connecticut to California in early August 2024? Looking to drive across the country! It will be me and my sister, both licensed and experienced drivers!

• #303974 Reply
    value

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was great. I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re
    going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉
    Cheers!

• #303998 Reply
    Dan Altman

Ship my car or hire a Drive away person (ME for exmaple)?

There are pro’s and con’s, not going to lie.

If you are in need of assistance in relocating your vehicle anywhere throughout the country, I would be glad to give you a quote.

One major benefit of hiring me for example, is direct communication and literally only dealing with me. No company or broker

I have been in this line of work/business for 8 plus years with nearly 200 successful drives.

Retired military and I carry insurance. Can provide commerical and private referals.

Feel free to review my website http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

You pay nothing up front!!!!!

If you wish to look into hiring a company to move your vehicle, I suggest you review the following article:

Car Transportation Nightmares And How to Avoid Them

Tks, Dan

[email protected]

• #303371 Reply
    Joseph Bleier

Hi everyone!
    I am planning on traveling to Europe this summer at the end of June 2024 upon graduation and the tickets are significantly cheaper from New York City than Colorado. Does anyone need their car transported from DENVER to NEW YORK CITY? I am happy to drive it in exchange for gas money! Any type of car would work (even manual as the car I drive is stick shift). Ideally I would leave Denver June 16th-20th and arrive in NYC June 28th to July 2nd. I am somewhat flexible with the location as long as it’s not too far from Denver or NYC.

I have 5 years of driving experience, a clean driving record, and have driven multiple cross-country journeys in the past. (My favorite trip was a drive from Denver to Miami last summer). I will be sharing the driving with a close friend who also has five years of driving experience and is coming with me on my trip. I plan on buying a one way ticket to Europe so I will most likely fly back.

Please feel free to contact me — my email is [email protected]. You can also find me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephbleier/) if you’d like to get a better sense of who I am. Happy to chat on the phone/zoom once we’ve connected via email.

Look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for reading!

Best,
    Joseph

• #301171 Reply
    Dan Altman

If you hire me you are hiring me to drive your vehicle. Not a company or vehicle transport broker.
    We deal directly together!
    I require zero money upfront.
    I have just under 200 successful moves in the past 8 plus year. All over the US.
    Home based out of Atlanta GA.
    Retired military.
    I carry insurance.
    My estimated quotes are based on experience.
    Manual Transmissions vehicles welcomed.
    Review my website please: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
    email: [email protected]

• #300278 Reply
    Jennifer Britting

I recently was searching for someone to do a possible drive for me. I was looking to have a car transported from Indianapolis,In to Yorktown, Virginia. I was looking to get a car delivered to my family. Shortly after my inquiry, I was contacted by Dan Altman. He was quick & professional in his response & gave me a clear & concise estimate. And in addition, it seemed the estimate was a fair price too, when compared with other drivers. He answered all my questions with patience, which I appreciated, since I am new to needing this service. I found him very helpful.

• #300497 Reply
      Dan Altman

Tks Jenn..just let me know when and I will update the estimate.

• #299868 Reply
    Andrea

Hi all,

I am a teacher, and on break for the next few weeks, so if anyone needs a car driven in the US feel free to reach out at [email protected] or five 1 six – 4 six 2 – two 7 nine 4.

Thanks!
    ~ Andrea

• #299167 Reply
    Dan Altman

Hey All…just updated my website/blog.

6 Jan 2024. ’23, Fun with Numbers!!

Feel free to read, review and provide feedback.
    Hope you enjoy it ! Thanks
    Don’t forget, I am for HIRE!

[email protected]
    http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

• #298620 Reply
    Dan Altman

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
    2023 Was a good year in the driving business and I thank all of those who hired me and I
    even appreciate those who inquired about my services.
    Still going strong I hope for 2024. So if you need a vehicle (class C or DOT) relocated, don’t hesitate to ask for a quote. Don’t hesitate to just ask questions either.
    When you hire me you are hiring me to drive your vehicle. Not a company or vehicle transport broker.
    We deal directly together! I have just under 200 successful moves in the past 8 plus year. All over the US.
    Home based out of Atlanta GA.
    Retired military.
    I carry insurance.
    My estimated quotes are based on experience.
    Manual Transmissions vehicles welcomed.
    Review my website please: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
    email: [email protected]
    Tks and Happy 2024!

• #297746 Reply
    Marco Avila

Washington State to Central Florida.

I own a heavy duty two wheel two dolly. I’m planning a road trip with the tow dolly and my Ford Expedition (5.4l v8), that can handle towing any vehicle that the tow dolly can handle. I am looking for someone needing their vehicle safely transported cross country at the going rate for the distance. Ideally picking up in the PNW and dropping off in central Florida but will also consider picking up and dropping off at two points in between, as long as the distance is far enough apart, to make the transport worth it. I don’t really want to set up more than one pickup and delivery as my goal is to get to Florida in as few days as possible. I made the trip a few years ago, transporting my 300zx and a bunch of heavy items in the Expedition, from Orlando to the Seattle area but now want to get the Expedition back to my brother in Florida. I also may be open to loading up the expedition, like I did on my last trip, for additional transport fee.
    If interested, know that I used to be a professional 18 wheel driver with zero accidents in the 7 years I was on the road. I have zero points on my license and carry good insurance for my vehicle (your vehicle should have good insurance as well). I am a very safety conscious driver that keeps my vehicle in top shape with excellent tires and monitor tire pressure and other important checks multiple times a day. I drive with no music paying or phones in use, other than GPS, since I value my life and property just as much as other people’s lives and property.

• #297514 Reply
    Kirsten Nicholas

HI –

I’m looking for someone to take my car from LA to NYC at some point in 2024 winter/spring. Flexible on timing. If this works for anyones needs/timing?

xKirsten

• #305177 Reply
      Orly BH

Hi! I would love to drive from LA to NYC! I am a licensed and experienced driver. I am available in early August 2024, would that work?

• #305178 Reply
      Orly BH

Hi! Please reach out at [email protected] I am available August 2024 and am an experienced driver. Would love to drive your car!

• #302814 Reply
      Dan Altman

Hi Kirsten. Was wondering if you were still looking for driver. Tks

• #298539 Reply
      Dan Ortiz

Hi Kirsten,

I’ve done multiple cross country drives and have references should you want them. Very flexible with timing of trip. Please contact me at Latpompeii72 at yahoo.

Sincerely,

Dan

• #298387 Reply
      Andrea

Hi Kirsten,

I am looking into doing this drive with a friend towards the end of January and would be happy to help you out. Please contact me at [email protected] or text at five 1 six – 4 six 2 – two 7 nine 4.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
      ~ Andrea

• #297803 Reply
      Shelly

Dear Kirsten,

My boyfriend and I (28 and 25) are planning to drive one way from LA to DC or NYC in February 2024. We have been looking for a car or van to rent but perhaps this could be mutually beneficial if we drove your car for you. May we ask what type of car it is? Please email me at [email protected]

Cheers
      Shelly

• #297672 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

It is a 41 hour trip from LA to NYC. I am in San Diego county. I charge $10.00 an hour diving time plus expenses. Expenses are meals, fuel, motels, transportation from San Diego to LA, return flight to San Diego with one checked bag and any unforeseen expenses. Unforseen expenses for example a tire is blown and needs to be replaced.
      I do not need any advance money. I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane ticket. I ask that you put the ticket on your credit card. I have references. I would prefer to leave sometime towards the end of winter to avoid dangerous road conditions.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $410.00 (41 hours x $10.00)
      Meals: $50.00 per day
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night
      Fuel: unknown cost
      Plane ticket: unknown cost
      This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html
      My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #297608 Reply
      JD

Hi Kirsten,

Happy to help you. Please feel free to reach out to me at the email address below. Please include the following in your inquiry:

– Zip codes for the departing and drop-off location
      – Vehicle make and model for the estimated fuel/toll costs (moving truck size if applicable)
      – Estimated departing and arrival dates for the drive

JD

[email protected]

• #297573 Reply
      Tom T

I have some available time coming up soon
      Email me at [email protected] if interested

• #297824 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

It is a 41 hour trip from LA to NYC. I am in San Diego county. I charge $10.00 an hour diving time plus expenses. Expenses are meals, fuel, motels, transportation from San Diego to LA, return flight to San Diego with one checked bag and any unforeseen expenses. Unforseen expenses for example a tire is blown and needs to be replaced.
      I do not need any advance money. I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane ticket. I ask that you put the ticket on your credit card. I have references. I would prefer to leave sometime towards the end of winter to avoid dangerous road conditions.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $410.00 (41 hours x $10.00)
      Meals: $50.00 per day
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night
      Fuel: unknown cost
      Plane ticket: unknown cost
      This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html
      My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #297948 Reply
      Bradley Golub

Hi my name is Bradley and I would love the opportunity to see if I would be a good fit to drive your car for you. I have insurance and a clean driving record. Send me an email when you get a chance so we can talk numbers and other details. Look forward to hearing from you. 🙂 [email protected]

• #296957 Reply
    Sophie

Hi all,

I am looking to drive from Pennsylvania / New York area to LA in May 2024 to celebrate completion of my Master’s program! I have a clean driving record, and I have driven up and down the east coast a number of times (but have yet to travel west 🙂 I am willing to drive for free (no gas charge) in exchange for some flexibility on timing.

If you are interested in having your car moved around that time, please reach out — my email is [email protected]

Thanks!
    Sophie

• #296998 Reply
    Dan Altman

Driver for Hirer! Please enjoy my website/blog and learn about my vehicle delivery adventures.
    Just updated my Website/BLOG

Dec 23, 2023. IT’S A WRAP!!!

Enjoy! Please feel free to comment and make suggestions, via the website!.
    Share with others.
    Don’t forget, I am for HIRE!
    Thanks

• #294866 Reply
    Dan Altman

Greetings All! I provide vehicle relocation assistance professionally and have so for 8 plus years. Closing in on 200 successful drives. Completed 47 drives this year alone.

I do private jobs as well as corporate/fleet moves.

Have traveled (in this business), 47 of the 48 lower states!

If you are in need, please give my website/blog a review and you can contact me for details from the website or through Family Travel Forum.

I am retired military and I do carry insurance. Home based out of metro Atlanta GA.
    Thanks and good luck!
    Dan

http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
    [email protected]

• #294107 Reply
    John

I am looking for someone to drive my Infinity QX80 from Wauconda Illinois 60084 to Sarasota Florida 34242. I’m looking for the 16th or preferred, !7th of December.

• #294867 Reply
      Dan Altman

HI John.

I would be glad to give you a quote if you like. Please contact me via email.
      Feel free to review my website: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
      Thanks
      Dan
      [email protected]

• #294897 Reply
      Zach Green

John,

I have experience with long cross country drives and would be very interested in handling this task for you. I have availability around those dates.

In 2022, I drove vehicles from Connecticut to Las Vegas, New Jersey to Oklahoma City, and Virginia to Maine. This past summer, I drove an F350 with a trailer from NC to upstate NY. In each of these drives, I delivered the vehicle safely. I would be happy to refer you to the vehicle owners so that they can vouch for my trustworthiness with your vehicle.

If interested in discussing further, please email me at [email protected]. I hope to hear from you soon.

Zach Green
      [email protected].

• #294298 Reply
    Sophie Collender

Hi everyone! Happy Holiday season.

I am planning to move from the New York City area to the Central Coast of California in February 2024. Does anyone need their car transported from the Greater New York City area to the Greater Los Angeles area in mid-February? I am happy to drive it! I will pack a few boxes into the car, so I am ideally looking for a crossover / SUV or larger, but am willing to discuss.

I have 15 years of driving experience, a clean driving record, and have driven multiple cross-country journeys in the past. (My favorite trip was a drive from Boston to Milwaukee.) I will also be sharing the driving with my mom, who has 45 years of driving experience. She will then fly back to the NYC area after we’ve arrived in California.

Please feel free to contact me — my email is [email protected]. You can also find me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sophieac/) if you’d like to get a better sense of who I am. Happy to chat on the phone once we’ve connected via email.

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance for reading!

Cheers,
    Sophie

Viewing 1,012 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #106163 in Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information:

Cancel