Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

Viewing 1,021 reply threads
  • Author
    Dan Altman

Completed a fun, challanging 2200 mile drive recently. Don’t hesitate
    to contact me if you are in need of a vehicle driver.
    Insured. Impeccable record. Over 170 relocations completed. Incident free.
    You have nothing to lose by contacting me.
    Thanks
    Dan
    http://www.danstravelsandtipscom
    [email protected]

• #315703 Reply
    Jaynie Hylton

Good morning, just wanted to leave a review of my recent trip with Dan Altman. Dan drove me and my dog in my conversion van to a family reunion and solar eclipse viewing, a round trip of more than 2,000 miles.

Besides being a safe and affordable trip, the bonus is that Dan is a dog lover and my special needs dog bonded with Dan immediately. At each stop, Dan assisted with getting my dog in and out of the van and took the dog for short walks which provided me with the opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenery. I’ve included Dan’s website where he will post a trip report. I’m thinking Dan will be doing more of these types of trips in the future as there is a great need for those of us who want to travel with their animals but who need assistance in doing so.

Home

• #315951 Reply
      Dannielle

I need someone to drive a moving truck hauling my car from Florida to Colorado. If interested please email me [email protected]

• #315632 Reply
    Teghan B.

I’m looking for someone who is available to drive my car from Denver, CO to Brooklyn, NY, arriving on May 11th. You must have a clean driving record & experience with long drives. Please reach out to me at [email protected] if you are interested!

• #315197 Reply
    Diana

Looking for someone to drive my car (and stuff-there could be room for some of your stuff, too) around June 1, 2024 from Eugene, OR,to the Pittsburgh, PA area. Not looking for professional driving service at this time, as I’m hoping that someone looking to go one way finds this mutually beneficial (like a college student who lives in Pittsburgh, but wants a road trip or something, or needs to transport something hard to bring on a plane). I am open to negotiating compensation that work for both of us.

• #315392 Reply
      Dan Altman

HI Diana…if you are still in need, let me know.
      I would be glad to provide you a quote.
      Check my website..get a little backround on me: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
      Thanks.

• #315305 Reply
    Joe

Hello, my name is Joe and I am in between jobs. I am looking to keep busy – driving your vehicle across the country or wherever it is needed.

I am an experienced driver who has never been in an accident.

Based in Scottsdale, Arizona, I can come to your location to get your car. I just ask for reimbursement of reasonable expenses…we can discuss terms live.

My email is [email protected].

Thank you for any consideration!

• #314565 Reply
    Carla

Hi! I’m looking to drive someones car starting in Portland, OR (exact location is flexible) to New Jersey (again, exact location is flexible) around May 18th to June 1st (also… flexible!!). I am looking for a very large car/van as I will be moving boxes of clothes, deconstructed furniture, etc.

Reach out to me if you’re interested. I’ve had 8 years of driving experience, including in heavy snow and mountain terrain!

• #314621 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

I am a driver for hire. I have been doing this since I retired December 2012.
    I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps. Anytime over an hour is considered an hour. For example if Google say its 20 hours and 5 minutes then my driving time is 21 hours. If I am getting gas or stuck in traffic then I am losing actual driving time.
    You pay all expenses related to the trip.
    Expenses are: Fuel which is an unknown cost
    Meals:$50.00 per day
    Motels: $100.00+/- per night
    All plane, bus, lyft-uber, transportating cost
    $60.00 for my wife to take me to the mode of transportation needed to pickup vehicle I will be driving. The $60.00 also cover picking me up on my return.
    I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of plane tickets. I ask that you put them on your credit card.
    You pay only what are on the receipts related to the trip.
    I am in San Diego, CA.
    This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html
    I have references.
    My cell 619-993-6577
    My email [email protected]
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #313624 Reply
    Kerry Candaele

Hello Forum Members,

I would like to drive someones car across the country from the Los Angeles area to the New York City area in late April. I would like to arrive near NYC on or around the 25th. I’m flexible on dates leaving and arriving. I’m an experienced driver in my 60s, non-smoker, and have driven across the country at least ten times, so I know the way. I would pay my own expenses except for gas, which could be negotiable. Best, KC
    http://www.kerrycandaele.com

• #314233 Reply
    howard daniel altman

Just completed a last minute whirlwind vehicle relocation/delivery. Sacramento CA to Las Vegas. 560 miles in one day and a red eye flight back to Georgia that very night. Resting up for an upcoming 2200 mile trip soon! Don’t forget, I am for hire!
    [email protected]
    http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

• #310858 Reply
    Don Ferriolo

Hello Californians,
    If you would like to have your car driven from the San Diego area to the Carolinas the second week of April
    by a non smoker responsible older couple, feel free to contact me by email. Drive time would be four days
    at no cost to you.

Don

• #311918 Reply
      Alison Butler

I’m looking for someone to drive my car from Phoenix to Washington DC at the end of May. Possibly moving a cat as well. I’m not wealthy, so I’m hoping there is someone who just needs a cheap way to get across country.

• #313622 Reply
        howard daniel altman

Hi Allison..if you are in need let me know. I do this for a profession. I have been in business 9 plus years and have many referrals if needed. Additionally, I carry liability insurance. Thanks and good luck.

• #315250 Reply
          Alison

What do you charge? It looks like I will fly with the cats somehow and have the rest of what I need in the car, so it would just be driving. Where are you located (that I would have to fly you out of any return to)? What are your expenses besides gas, i.e., meals, motels, etc? I’m trying to decide if I’m better off shipping the car, although then I can’t bring as much.

Thanks,

Alison

• #315593 Reply
            Mark Dougherty

Hi Alison, my name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps. It’s a 34 hour trip from Phoenix to DC. My driving cost is $340.00. I charge $60.00 for my wife to drive me to the airport and pick me up on my return. The driving for me and my wife is a flat rate of $400.00. I don’t charge for any wait time. I am in San Diego, so its a cheap flight from San Diego. As you mentioned about expenses, I try to keep it down. I put meals @ $50.00 per day, motels: $100.00+/- per night. Fuel, plane tickets are an unknown cost. I have doing driver for since 2012 when I retired. I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of plane tickets. I ask that you put them on your credit card. You pay only what is on the receipts. I am wondering how many cats you have and what kind of car you have. I was thinking that if you had enough room for your cats in the back seat and if you drove with me and if you need more storage space to rent a covered uhaul trailer and tow the trailer with your car. You will saving the cost of flying for yourself and the cats. Also to cut down on expenses we could share a two bed motel room. About me: married since Nov 1976, don’t smoke, no drugs except my prescriptions. My cell is 619-993-6577 email [email protected]
            Sincerely
            Mark Dougherty

• #314171 Reply
        Jack McNeal

Hello,

I might be interested. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further.

Regards,
        Jack
        maxchesterdc.gmail.com

• #314209 Reply
        Bobby

Hello,

I’d like to discuss the drive.

What kind of car is it?
        Would you be able to cover gas for the trip?

Email me at bobby sikora 3 at gmail

• #310191 Reply
    Dan Altman

Hey all. Looking to relocate a vehicle for vacation? Permanent move? A sale? Purchase? Best for yor mind at ease, hirer a driveaway person. You deal directely with the person you are leaving in charge of your vehicle. Hirer a company, no telling for sure who has your baby!!!!
    I have been in business for nine years plus. Nearly 200 moves. Let me know if I can help you. I can provide an honest, accurate quote. Multiple references.
    I carry commercial liability soley for this business.
    Retired military.
    Based out of metro Atlanta GA. Travel nationwide!
    Thank you.
    Dan

• #310358 Reply
    Lucien Spect

Hello!
    Looking for someone to drive my car from Washington state to NYC, or partway. ASAP, before April 10th ideal.
    Let me know!
    [email protected]

• #308517 Reply
    Nina Christenson

Hello! I am looking to do a trip from San Francisco to Massachusetts in May 2024 and wondering if anyone needs their car driven across the country at that time. I am licensed and an experienced driver and wont charge anything. Email me at [email protected]
    Thank you!!

• #310210 Reply
      Lucien Spect

Hello!

I’m wondering if there is anyone who would like to drive my car from Olympia, WA to NYC in the next few weeks (ideally arriving in NYC before 4/07). I would split the gas cost with you.

Alternatively, if anyone would go part of the way from Washington, I could meet somewhere in the middle of the country to drive the rest of the way.

Let me know!

Best,
      Lucien

• #310211 Reply
      Lucien Spect

Hello! I’m looking for someone to drive my car from Washington state to NYC or nearby in the next few weeks (arriving before April 7th ideally). I would split gas with you.

Alternatively, if you wanted drive it from Washington to somewhere in the middle of the country, I could drive the rest of the way.

Let me know if you are interested!
      Lucien
      [email protected]

• #308311 Reply
    Dan Altman

Just completed another drive. Short and sweet!
    Business has been a little slow..but I am still available!!
    Have a 2,000 mile trip booked for April!
    If you are looking for an experienced, insured driver for your
    vehicle, give me a holler. You have nothing to lose!
    Almost 200 successful drives over last 8 years.
    Thanks
    Dan
    [email protected]
    my website: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

• #308763 Reply
      Dalia Ahmed

I have sent you email

• #308042 Reply
    John Griffis

Hello.

I am a recently retired military veteran living in the DC area. Non-smoker, non-drinker. I am looking for the opportunity to drive a vehicle from anywhere between DC and NYC to California.

I will take the first reasonable offer. Try me!

[email protected]

• #307907 Reply
    JD

Hello,

I am a professional driver for hire who can personally drive your vehicle from any state from one location to another in a reasonable amount of time. Cars, moving trucks, busses, RV mobile homes, etc. I am a licensed Class B driver. Non-smoker.

If you are interested in my service please contact me at my email address below and please provide the following in your inquiry:

– Zip codes for the departing and drop-off location
    – Vehicle make and model for the estimated fuel/toll costs
    (moving truck size if applicable)
    – Estimated departing and arrival dates for the drive

I will promptly respond with a reasonable quote. Please keep in mind that moving trucks, busses, RV campers, anything in tow, etc. would be slightly more than a standard car or SUV.

I can provide strong references.

I DO NOT SIGHTSEE WITH YOUR VEHICLE!

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #307428 Reply
    Dan Altman

Need a private or corporate vehicle relocated?

There are two primary ways, Shipping or Driveaway.
    – Shipping is an option with a lot of variables and questions, some of which you have no control over.
    – Hiring a Driveaway service offers you more control as well as direct communication with the driver of your vehicle. Keep that in mind!

If you are in need of relocating a vehcile, Don’t hesitate to ask for a quote. You only pay for my driving duties. All other expenses are “penny for penny”. I do not ask for any monies up front.

Tks
    Dan

• #307349 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

My name is Mark Dougherty andI am a driver for higher. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps plus expenses. Expenses are meals, motels, fuel, plane tickets, bus tickets, transportation from my residence in San Diego to mode of transportation where I will be picking up vehicle. I have been a driver since I retired in 2012. I have charged the same driving cost of for the past 12 years. I put meals @ $50.00 per day and I put motels @ $100.00+/- per night. You pay only what is on the receipts. I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of plane tickets, I ask that you put them on your credit card. I also as that you put me on your insurance policy for duration of the trip. I can drive any rental truck upto 26′ and under GVW 26,000 lbs for a class c license. I can tow car carriers when driving a rental truck or your vehicle. My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected].
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #305176 Reply
    Orly BH

Does anyone need their car driven from New York/New Jersey/Connecticut to California in early August 2024? Looking to drive across the country! It will be me and my sister, both licensed and experienced drivers!

• #303974 Reply
    value

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was great. I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re
    going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉
    Cheers!

• #303998 Reply
    Dan Altman

Ship my car or hire a Drive away person (ME for exmaple)?

There are pro’s and con’s, not going to lie.

If you are in need of assistance in relocating your vehicle anywhere throughout the country, I would be glad to give you a quote.

One major benefit of hiring me for example, is direct communication and literally only dealing with me. No company or broker

I have been in this line of work/business for 8 plus years with nearly 200 successful drives.

Retired military and I carry insurance. Can provide commerical and private referals.

Feel free to review my website http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

You pay nothing up front!!!!!

If you wish to look into hiring a company to move your vehicle, I suggest you review the following article:

Car Transportation Nightmares And How to Avoid Them

Tks, Dan

[email protected]

• #303371 Reply
    Joseph Bleier

Hi everyone!
    I am planning on traveling to Europe this summer at the end of June 2024 upon graduation and the tickets are significantly cheaper from New York City than Colorado. Does anyone need their car transported from DENVER to NEW YORK CITY? I am happy to drive it in exchange for gas money! Any type of car would work (even manual as the car I drive is stick shift). Ideally I would leave Denver June 16th-20th and arrive in NYC June 28th to July 2nd. I am somewhat flexible with the location as long as it’s not too far from Denver or NYC.

I have 5 years of driving experience, a clean driving record, and have driven multiple cross-country journeys in the past. (My favorite trip was a drive from Denver to Miami last summer). I will be sharing the driving with a close friend who also has five years of driving experience and is coming with me on my trip. I plan on buying a one way ticket to Europe so I will most likely fly back.

Please feel free to contact me — my email is [email protected]. You can also find me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephbleier/) if you’d like to get a better sense of who I am. Happy to chat on the phone/zoom once we’ve connected via email.

Look forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance for reading!

Best,
    Joseph

• #301171 Reply
    Dan Altman

If you hire me you are hiring me to drive your vehicle. Not a company or vehicle transport broker.
    We deal directly together!
    I require zero money upfront.
    I have just under 200 successful moves in the past 8 plus year. All over the US.
    Home based out of Atlanta GA.
    Retired military.
    I carry insurance.
    My estimated quotes are based on experience.
    Manual Transmissions vehicles welcomed.
    Review my website please: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
    email: [email protected]

• #300278 Reply
    Jennifer Britting

I recently was searching for someone to do a possible drive for me. I was looking to have a car transported from Indianapolis,In to Yorktown, Virginia. I was looking to get a car delivered to my family. Shortly after my inquiry, I was contacted by Dan Altman. He was quick & professional in his response & gave me a clear & concise estimate. And in addition, it seemed the estimate was a fair price too, when compared with other drivers. He answered all my questions with patience, which I appreciated, since I am new to needing this service. I found him very helpful.

• #300497 Reply
      Dan Altman

Tks Jenn..just let me know when and I will update the estimate.

• #299868 Reply
    Andrea

Hi all,

I am a teacher, and on break for the next few weeks, so if anyone needs a car driven in the US feel free to reach out at [email protected] or five 1 six – 4 six 2 – two 7 nine 4.

Thanks!
    ~ Andrea

Viewing 1,021 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #150781 in Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information:

Cancel