Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

• This topic has 1,882 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 day, 1 hour ago by Dannielle.
Viewing 1,021 reply threads
  • Author
    Dan Altman

Hey All…just updated my website/blog.

6 Jan 2024. ’23, Fun with Numbers!!

Feel free to read, review and provide feedback.
    Hope you enjoy it ! Thanks
    Don’t forget, I am for HIRE!

[email protected]
    http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

• #298620 Reply
    Dan Altman

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
    2023 Was a good year in the driving business and I thank all of those who hired me and I
    even appreciate those who inquired about my services.
    Still going strong I hope for 2024. So if you need a vehicle (class C or DOT) relocated, don’t hesitate to ask for a quote. Don’t hesitate to just ask questions either.
    When you hire me you are hiring me to drive your vehicle. Not a company or vehicle transport broker.
    We deal directly together! I have just under 200 successful moves in the past 8 plus year. All over the US.
    Home based out of Atlanta GA.
    Retired military.
    I carry insurance.
    My estimated quotes are based on experience.
    Manual Transmissions vehicles welcomed.
    Review my website please: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
    email: [email protected]
    Tks and Happy 2024!

• #297746 Reply
    Marco Avila

Washington State to Central Florida.

I own a heavy duty two wheel two dolly. I’m planning a road trip with the tow dolly and my Ford Expedition (5.4l v8), that can handle towing any vehicle that the tow dolly can handle. I am looking for someone needing their vehicle safely transported cross country at the going rate for the distance. Ideally picking up in the PNW and dropping off in central Florida but will also consider picking up and dropping off at two points in between, as long as the distance is far enough apart, to make the transport worth it. I don’t really want to set up more than one pickup and delivery as my goal is to get to Florida in as few days as possible. I made the trip a few years ago, transporting my 300zx and a bunch of heavy items in the Expedition, from Orlando to the Seattle area but now want to get the Expedition back to my brother in Florida. I also may be open to loading up the expedition, like I did on my last trip, for additional transport fee.
    If interested, know that I used to be a professional 18 wheel driver with zero accidents in the 7 years I was on the road. I have zero points on my license and carry good insurance for my vehicle (your vehicle should have good insurance as well). I am a very safety conscious driver that keeps my vehicle in top shape with excellent tires and monitor tire pressure and other important checks multiple times a day. I drive with no music paying or phones in use, other than GPS, since I value my life and property just as much as other people’s lives and property.

• #297514 Reply
    Kirsten Nicholas

HI –

I’m looking for someone to take my car from LA to NYC at some point in 2024 winter/spring. Flexible on timing. If this works for anyones needs/timing?

xKirsten

• #305177 Reply
      Orly BH

Hi! I would love to drive from LA to NYC! I am a licensed and experienced driver. I am available in early August 2024, would that work?

• #305178 Reply
      Orly BH

Hi! Please reach out at [email protected] I am available August 2024 and am an experienced driver. Would love to drive your car!

• #302814 Reply
      Dan Altman

Hi Kirsten. Was wondering if you were still looking for driver. Tks

• #298539 Reply
      Dan Ortiz

Hi Kirsten,

I’ve done multiple cross country drives and have references should you want them. Very flexible with timing of trip. Please contact me at Latpompeii72 at yahoo.

Sincerely,

Dan

• #298387 Reply
      Andrea

Hi Kirsten,

I am looking into doing this drive with a friend towards the end of January and would be happy to help you out. Please contact me at [email protected] or text at five 1 six – 4 six 2 – two 7 nine 4.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
      ~ Andrea

• #297803 Reply
      Shelly

Dear Kirsten,

My boyfriend and I (28 and 25) are planning to drive one way from LA to DC or NYC in February 2024. We have been looking for a car or van to rent but perhaps this could be mutually beneficial if we drove your car for you. May we ask what type of car it is? Please email me at [email protected]

Cheers
      Shelly

• #297672 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

It is a 41 hour trip from LA to NYC. I am in San Diego county. I charge $10.00 an hour diving time plus expenses. Expenses are meals, fuel, motels, transportation from San Diego to LA, return flight to San Diego with one checked bag and any unforeseen expenses. Unforseen expenses for example a tire is blown and needs to be replaced.
      I do not need any advance money. I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane ticket. I ask that you put the ticket on your credit card. I have references. I would prefer to leave sometime towards the end of winter to avoid dangerous road conditions.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $410.00 (41 hours x $10.00)
      Meals: $50.00 per day
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night
      Fuel: unknown cost
      Plane ticket: unknown cost
      This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html
      My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #297608 Reply
      JD

Hi Kirsten,

Happy to help you. Please feel free to reach out to me at the email address below. Please include the following in your inquiry:

– Zip codes for the departing and drop-off location
      – Vehicle make and model for the estimated fuel/toll costs (moving truck size if applicable)
      – Estimated departing and arrival dates for the drive

JD

[email protected]

• #297573 Reply
      Tom T

I have some available time coming up soon
      Email me at [email protected] if interested

• #297824 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

It is a 41 hour trip from LA to NYC. I am in San Diego county. I charge $10.00 an hour diving time plus expenses. Expenses are meals, fuel, motels, transportation from San Diego to LA, return flight to San Diego with one checked bag and any unforeseen expenses. Unforseen expenses for example a tire is blown and needs to be replaced.
      I do not need any advance money. I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane ticket. I ask that you put the ticket on your credit card. I have references. I would prefer to leave sometime towards the end of winter to avoid dangerous road conditions.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $410.00 (41 hours x $10.00)
      Meals: $50.00 per day
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night
      Fuel: unknown cost
      Plane ticket: unknown cost
      This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html
      My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #297948 Reply
      Bradley Golub

Hi my name is Bradley and I would love the opportunity to see if I would be a good fit to drive your car for you. I have insurance and a clean driving record. Send me an email when you get a chance so we can talk numbers and other details. Look forward to hearing from you. 🙂 [email protected]

• #296957 Reply
    Sophie

Hi all,

I am looking to drive from Pennsylvania / New York area to LA in May 2024 to celebrate completion of my Master’s program! I have a clean driving record, and I have driven up and down the east coast a number of times (but have yet to travel west 🙂 I am willing to drive for free (no gas charge) in exchange for some flexibility on timing.

If you are interested in having your car moved around that time, please reach out — my email is [email protected]

Thanks!
    Sophie

• #296998 Reply
    Dan Altman

Driver for Hirer! Please enjoy my website/blog and learn about my vehicle delivery adventures.
    Just updated my Website/BLOG

Dec 23, 2023. IT’S A WRAP!!!

Enjoy! Please feel free to comment and make suggestions, via the website!.
    Share with others.
    Don’t forget, I am for HIRE!
    Thanks

• #294866 Reply
    Dan Altman

Greetings All! I provide vehicle relocation assistance professionally and have so for 8 plus years. Closing in on 200 successful drives. Completed 47 drives this year alone.

I do private jobs as well as corporate/fleet moves.

Have traveled (in this business), 47 of the 48 lower states!

If you are in need, please give my website/blog a review and you can contact me for details from the website or through Family Travel Forum.

I am retired military and I do carry insurance. Home based out of metro Atlanta GA.
    Thanks and good luck!
    Dan

http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
    [email protected]

• #294107 Reply
    John

I am looking for someone to drive my Infinity QX80 from Wauconda Illinois 60084 to Sarasota Florida 34242. I’m looking for the 16th or preferred, !7th of December.

• #294867 Reply
      Dan Altman

HI John.

I would be glad to give you a quote if you like. Please contact me via email.
      Feel free to review my website: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
      Thanks
      Dan
      [email protected]

• #294897 Reply
      Zach Green

John,

I have experience with long cross country drives and would be very interested in handling this task for you. I have availability around those dates.

In 2022, I drove vehicles from Connecticut to Las Vegas, New Jersey to Oklahoma City, and Virginia to Maine. This past summer, I drove an F350 with a trailer from NC to upstate NY. In each of these drives, I delivered the vehicle safely. I would be happy to refer you to the vehicle owners so that they can vouch for my trustworthiness with your vehicle.

If interested in discussing further, please email me at [email protected]. I hope to hear from you soon.

Zach Green
      [email protected].

• #294298 Reply
    Sophie Collender

Hi everyone! Happy Holiday season.

I am planning to move from the New York City area to the Central Coast of California in February 2024. Does anyone need their car transported from the Greater New York City area to the Greater Los Angeles area in mid-February? I am happy to drive it! I will pack a few boxes into the car, so I am ideally looking for a crossover / SUV or larger, but am willing to discuss.

I have 15 years of driving experience, a clean driving record, and have driven multiple cross-country journeys in the past. (My favorite trip was a drive from Boston to Milwaukee.) I will also be sharing the driving with my mom, who has 45 years of driving experience. She will then fly back to the NYC area after we’ve arrived in California.

Please feel free to contact me — my email is [email protected]. You can also find me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sophieac/) if you’d like to get a better sense of who I am. Happy to chat on the phone once we’ve connected via email.

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance for reading!

Cheers,
    Sophie

• #293848 Reply
    Mia

Hi!

I am a current Master’s in Social Work student looking to drive someone’s car cross country– preferably from near the NY/CT area to the CA/PNW region or vice versa. Flexible on dates this winter! Let me know if this would be helpful to you ? My email is [email protected] and my phone number is 203-948-2269. Feel free to email or text me!!

Thank you!

Mia

• #293849 Reply
    Mia

Hi!

I am a current Master’s in Social Work student looking to drive someone’s car cross country– preferably from near the NY/CT area to the CA/PNW region or vice versa. Flexible on dates this winter! Let me know if this would be helpful to you ? My email is [email protected] and my phone number is 203-948-2269. Feel free to email or text me!!

Thank you!

Mia

• #293293 Reply
    Nicholas Mahrt

I’m need somebody to drive a 2004 Saab 9-3 from Bonne Terre Missouri to Orlando Florida (or possibly Vero Beach). Full disclosure, it’s a manual transmission and has some ventilation issues (heater works fine when the car is moving but not when it isn’t). It’s been in storage for a year. Thanks in advance.

• #297741 Reply
      Marco Avila

Hello. I’m looking to drive my Ford Expedition and a tow dolly from Washington State to Orlando. Let me know if you are interested in having your Saab towed on the tow dolly instead of driven and we can talk further.

• #293494 Reply
    Dan Altman

Hey All! I relocate company or private vehicles for a business.
    Please, If you are considering hiring someone to help you relocate a vehicle, let me know.
    Enjoy my latest website/blog up date about my driving adventures.
    Thanks

02 Dec 2023. THE HOMESTRECH

Enjoy! Any comments or suggestions, please forward through the website.
    Don’t forget, I am for HIRE!!

• #293766 Reply
    Zach Green

DRIVER AVAILABLE – ANYWHERE IN THE LOWER 48 TO PHOENIX AREA

Hello,

Is there anyone who needs their vehicle driven to the Phoenix area around the end of December? I would be happy to drive it for you. I will cover the gas costs and my own lodging costs as long as you cover the cost of my transportation to you and back from the Phoenix area.

I have experience with cross-country driving, including with auto driveaway jobs like this. In 2022, I safely drove vehicles from Connecticut to Las Vegas, New Jersey to Oklahoma City, and Virginia to Maine. This past July, I drove a dually truck and trailer from North Carolina to Upstate New York. I would be happy to refer you to these customers who can vouch for my trustworthiness with your vehicle.

If you are interested in exploring this further, please email me at [email protected].I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Zach Green
    [email protected]

• #292230 Reply
    Juan r Martínez jw

I need my rental truck returned to Montgomery Tx I’m currently in Rio Grande City the sooner the better . Thanks

• #292472 Reply
      Dan Altman

Still in need? Size of truck? By what date? Could it be done by next weekend?
      Tks
      Dan

• #291578 Reply
    Dan Altman

Happy Turkey Time!

In need of someone to drive your vehicle anywhere throughout the country, I would be glad to give you a quote. I have been in this line of work/business for 8 plus years with nearly 200 successful drives.

Retired military and I carry insurance. Can provide commerical and private referals.

Feel free to review my website http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

You pay nothing up front!!!!!

Tks, Dan
    [email protected]

• #283527 Reply
    Berlinda

Is anyone looking for someone to drive their vehicle from Denver to area near Farmington, NM (Albuquerque, NM) for Sunday October 29, 2023?

• #281376 Reply
    Al Jung

Anyone in or around Pinedale, WY. interested in driving a car to Dayton, Ohio. Owner died there and we’re considering bringing it back or donating it there. Thanks.

• #288460 Reply
      Dan Altman

Is there still a need for someone to assist in moving this vehicle?

• #282802 Reply
      Ess (pronounced “S”)

Need 2 cars driven from NY to NC

• #284613 Reply
        Ed Butler

Hi, are you still looking for someone to drive these cars? I live in NC and would be happy to drive one car down and then the other. My number is (808) 280-9080. Thank you!

• #279568 Reply
    Dan Altman

Hi. My name is Dan and I help people relocate their vehicles around the lower 48. WIll do Alaska!!!

I have been in business for 8 plus years with nearly 200 successful moves.

Insured.

Retired military.

Check my website/blog:
    http://www.danstravelandtips.com

Check it out give me a holler:
    [email protected]
    Tks

• #285582 Reply
      Jimmy

Hey Dan,
      I noticed the URL you posted for your website is missing the ‘s’ as in travels. I think it should be: https://danstravelsandtips.com/
      Hope this helps.

• #289076 Reply
        Dan Altman

Tks

• #280137 Reply
    Stina Liebman-Carlson

Hi! I will be traveling from Pennsylvania to Montana late June 2024 and would love to transport your car so we can fly back. I am 50+ years young and will be traveling with my husband and small dog. If you need your reliable vehicle transported west please let me know. [email protected].

• #273455 Reply
    Dan Altman

Greetings All! I provide vehicle relocation assistance professionally and have so for 8 plus years. Closing in on 200 successful drives. Completed 42 drives this year alone.
    If you are in need, please give my website/blog a review and you can contact me for details from the website or through Family Travel Forum.
    I am retired military and I do carry insurance. Home based out of metro Atlanta GA.
    Thanks and good luck!
    Dan

• #264345 Reply
    Ed Cohen

I need someone to drive our 2023 Kia Sportage from Moorestown, N.J. to Chatham, Ma next July 19 and then reverse on Sept. 14.

• #289305 Reply
      Nancy

Hi Ed,

I can make the drive from Jersey to Chatham as well as the return. I live in Boston,so I’d need help with transportation to/from Morristown, NJ as well as Chatham (bus is fine from Chatham to Boston). Let me know how I can reach you.

Nancy

• #265084 Reply
      JD

Hi Ed,

Happy to discuss this drive. I can be reached at my email address below.

[email protected]

JD

• #264981 Reply
      dan altman

Hi. My name is Dan and I help people relocate their vehicles.
      I have been in business for 8 plus years with nearly 200 successful moves. Insured. Retired military.
      Check my website/blog:
      http://www.danstravelandtips.com
      Check it out give me a holler:
      [email protected]
      Tks

• #264188 Reply
    Donna Havemann

Does anyone need their SUV driven from Chicago to Phoenix? Looking to leave in a week. Tranporting wedding gifts down to Phoenix. A Uhaul is overboard. We only need a SUV.

• #264133 Reply
    Dan Altman

HI All!! I just completed my 39th and 40th trip this year. I have one more already booked for next week.
    I do, what I call, “Vehicle Relocation” professionally and have so since 2014. Completed nearly 200 successful drives.
    Retired military and I have insurance. Provide referrals if desired.
    Please visit my website/blog: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
    Thank you
    Dan
    [email protected]

• #263752 Reply
    Allie

I am looking to drive someone’s vehicle from Denver, CO to New York starting October 5th.

Viewing 1,021 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #219943 in Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information:

Cancel