Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

• This topic has 1,882 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 day, 5 hours ago by Dannielle.
Viewing 1,021 reply threads
  • Author
    Grace

Hi there I have a Mazda V I’d like to have driven to Portland, Oregon, from Boston, Massachusetts, in early September. It is sort of mini mini-van with four doors and a hatchback. The AC doesn’t work.

• #257849 Reply
      Dan Altman

Hi. Still in need? I help people relocate their vehicles all around the country. I would be willing to provide a quote if you are still in need. Please review my website/blog. I am insured and can provide referrals if need be. Have been in business for 7+ years. Nearly 200 successful moves. Retired military.
      Thanks
      Dan
      http://www.danstravelsandtips.com.

• #257851 Reply
      Dan Altman

Hi Grace. Still in need?

I help people relocate their vehicles all around the country. I would be willing to provide a quote if you are still in need. Please review my website/blog. I am insured and can provide referrals if need be. Have been in business for 7+ years. Nearly 200 successful moves. Retired military.
      Thanks
      Dan
      http://www.danstravelsandtips.com.

• #255764 Reply
      Bradley

Hello Grace,
      Please contact me at [email protected] to discuss your Boston to Portland car delivery. I have a perfect driving record and am a lifelong non-smoker. I am going that direction anyway, and so can provide the service for very little compensation.
      Thanks!

• #252301 Reply
      Luke Briglin

Hi Grace, I am a college student looking to visit my friend who lives in oregon. I would love to relocate your Mazda. I would pay for everything I just wanted to do a roadtrip to see my friend. Thanks let me know if you would like to talk more about it. You can reach me by email.

[email protected]

have a good one!

• #252386 Reply
      JD

Hi Grace,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please email me at my email address below.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #251868 Reply
      Prabhakaran

I can drive. Let me know your budget.

• #251869 Reply
      Prabhakaran

Hi grace. I can drive your mazda Boston to Portland. Let me know your budget. I’m flexible on that.

• #251705 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Hi Grace. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps. According to Google its a forty-five hour trip. My driving cost is $450.00 plus expenses.
      Expenses are:
      Meals=$50.00 per day, you pay only what is on the receipts.
      Motels=$100.00 +/- per night again you pay what is on the receipts.
      Fuel= I am putting the driving distance @ 3,100 miles, mpg 25 and estimate cost per gallon $4.25 with an estimate cost for fuel $527.00
      Transportation to airport and return to my residence $60
      One way plane ticket from San Diego to Boston with one checked bag and a return flight to San Diego from Portland
      The flight from San Diego to Boston would be on Soutwest and the flight from Portland to San Diego would be on Alaska Air they have the cheapest tickets.
      Costs:
      Meals $50.00x 6 days=$300.00
      Motels $100.00+/- x 5 nights= $500.00+/-
      Fuel $527.00
      Driving $450.00
      Transportation $60.00
      Plane tickets $400.00
      Cost estimate $2,237.00
      The transportation cost of $60.00 and my driving cost of $450.00 are fixed. Everthing else is estimate and you will only pay what is on the receipts.
      I have references.
      My email is [email protected]
      I can send you my cell number and a photo of my drivers license once I receive a email reply.
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #251716 Reply
      Trevor

Hey grace,
      I’d love to chat about helping with this. I have a perfect driving record and do lots of cross country road tripping. My IG is pineholtz (Im real) message me on there to set up a call!

• #251793 Reply
      Danny O

Hi Grace,
      Please contact me regarding relocating your Mazda vehicle form MA to OR. Please contact me at Newhavenpizza4u@ gmail. com I’m local and have done 3 of these relocations from this site.

Thank you,

Dan

• #251321 Reply
    John

Jacksonville, FL to Denver, CO.

60yo responsible male adult willing to drive your car/pickup/van for just the cost of fuel from Jacksonville to Denver/Boulder. The only catch is that your vehicle needs a hitch rated to tow a U-Haul motorcycle trailer. Guaranteed arrival within 3 days of pick-up to the Denver/Boulder vicinity. I’m flying to Jax to pick up a moto (sportbike) and bring it home.

• #251958 Reply
      Thomas Miller

I am transferring/moving from Smithfield, North Carolina to Erie, Colorado area leaving late afternoon August 15 or early August 16th and need someone to drive my Jeep Gladiator. I will be driving U-Haul truck towing my other vehicle (inoperable) and will need my Jeep in Colrado to report to work on August 20th.

If your schedule allows and you are willing to fly to Raliegh, North Carolina the 13th or 14th to pick up my Jeep then drive to pick up your new motorbike then drive to Colorado we may be able to come to an agreement.

• #251336 Reply
    Ryan

Hi y’all,

My friend and I are moving to Chicago from Sacramento. We’d love to be able to drive someone’s car from Sacramento or the Bay Area to Chicago. Both have licenses and clean driving records with multiple long distance road trips under our belts. Please email me if interested: [email protected]

Thanks!

• #251175 Reply
    Jack

Hi Everyone,
    I’m a retired grandpa looking to drive your car from Phoenix to places east. I’m especially looking to drive from Phoenix to Mobile, AL, or Gulf Shores, AL, or any place in that general area. By my best calculations, I’ve safely driven over 1 million miles for work and pleasure over my lifetime. I’m a Christian, have never smoked, drank or done any illegal drugs. And, the only legal drugs I’ve ever used have been prescribed by my Doctor. I’ve never even been so much as tipsy or drunk in my life. I like to drive and see the scenery go by. Right now, I have a lot of availability from now through the end of 2023. Personal and business references are available when we talk. Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks so much!
    Jack

• #251273 Reply
    Andrea

Hi,

If anyone needs their car driven, I’m looking to take a road trip during the next month (time frame and location are flexible). I’m an excellent driver with a clean record. Please reach out if this is something that would help you. Please text (5 one 6) four 6 two – 2 seven 9 four.

Thanks!

• #250894 Reply
    Kevin D

I am looking to drive someone’s van or pickup from Michigan (metro Detroit) to Gainesville, FL or further south to Bonita/Naples. I need to depart by 8/16. 50 year old with impeccable driving record. I have made this trip multiple times personally but I need to fly back home after. Please send me a note at [email protected] with Michigan/Florida trip in the subject line.

• #250373 Reply
    Lily

Hi all,

I’m seeking someone to drive my Toyota Corolla from Kansas City, KS to Providence, RI or Boston, MA sometime between August 1 and September 6. I am happy for you to take detours on the way! Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss more. Thank you!

• #251717 Reply
      Trevor

Hey lily!

I’d be interested in helping you with this. I have a perfect driving record and have done some driveaways in the past. Message me on Instagram at pineholtz

• #250590 Reply
      Sergi

Hi!

I’m doing a road trip from San Francisco CA to Vancouver and looking for someone to drive it back to San Francisco. Dates should be around 14-18 August ‘23.

Anyone interested?

You can contact me at [email protected]

Best regards,

• #250912 Reply
      Michele

Do you know how I can make my own First-time post here, please? Thank you very much.

• #251171 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

Just go down to the bottom of the page like I did here and start posting your post. When I post here and I know where they are heading I break it down the costs. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps. For example if Google maps says its 35 hours from Point A to Point B my driving cost is $350.00 plus expenses.
        Expenses are plane tickets plus one checked bag from your starting point and return point.
        Meals $50.00 per day and that includes your start date and return date. Those two dates are going to be the day you starting and your return date. Your return date and your delivery date may be two different date as your flight might be the following day after delivery.
        Same goes with motels with the first day you start driving and the date of your return trip.
        Fuel you can estimate the cost if you know how many mpg the car gets and use $4.25 per gallon and mentioned its an estimate.
        Get two receipts for each purchase related to the trip.
        Have a charge for going to the airport and for getting you home.
        Add tips for your meals and that it shows on the receipt.
        You want two receipts one for your self and one for the customer.
        You need to put your contact information like I am doing right here [email protected]. If you don’t put your contact information in your post then you have to go to your post eeveryday to see if you have any replies. I would not put your phone number in your post, wait for someone to reply with an email address.
        Good luck

• #249751 Reply
    Dan

Looking for someone to drive my car from State College, PA to Gainesville, FL at the end of July. Earliest departure date would be July 24, arrival in FL is flexible.

• #250782 Reply
      Erin

I am interested in doing this drive for you depending on the pay. I have no need to drive to those cities so I would be flying from/back to Kentucky where I live & doing it solely for a job. How much are you offering?

• #250405 Reply
      Adam

I’m looking to have a car driven from Bay Area CA to Lexington KY end of July/early August.
      Reliable 2006 Honda. Son heading to college.

Adam

• #250617 Reply
        Zach Green

Adam,

I would love to help you with this. I do this part-time. I just recently got back from a trip from VA to Upstate NY, and have driven as far as Las Vegas from Connecticut. I also have references that can vouch for my trustworthiness with your vehicle.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] with the model of the vehicle, zip codes for the starting and ending points (especially the Bay Area, given its size), and as specific of a preferred time range as you can provide.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Zach Green
        Green’s Transport Services
        [email protected]

• #250792 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

I am a driver for hire. I charge $10 an hour driving time based on Google maps. Its a 35 hour drive so my driving cost is $350.00 plus expenses.
        Expenses are:
        Meals
        Motels
        Fuel
        Plane ticket to Bay Area from San Diego and return ticket to San Diego from Lexington plus one checked bag for each flight.
        $60.00 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me up on my return.
        I have references.
        My cell is 619-993-6577
        Email: [email protected]
        Sincerely
        Mark Dougherty

• #250069 Reply
      Zach Green

Dan,

I drive vehicles, cargo, and trailers as a part-time job and would be glad to help you with this. I recently got back from driving a dually truck and a trailer from VA to Upstate NY. Additionally, my longest drive involved driving an SUV from Connecticut to Las Vegas. I have references I’d be glad to refer you to as well.

If you’re interested, please send me an email at [email protected]. I hope to hear from you soon!

Zach Green
      Green’s Transport Services
      [email protected]

• #248988 Reply
    C

Looking for someone to drive me (27f) with well behaved 55 lb dog from Houston TX to Portland Oregon or somewhere in Oregon.
    I don’t have a vehicle and I need to move.
    Looking to leave by the end of the month

• #250790 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Will you rent a car in order to handle your move? I am a driver for hire but I do not use my vehicle for any trips. I charge $10.00 an hour based on Google maps. According to Google its a thirty three hour trip so my driving cost is $330.00 plus expense.
      Expenses:
      Meals
      Motels
      Fuel
      Plane ticket to Houston from San Diego, CA and return to San Diego from Portland. Must include one checked bag for each flight.
      $60.00 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me up on my return.
      My cell is 619-993-6577
      Email: [email protected]
      I have references.
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #248523 Reply
    Jake

Hey guys,

I would like to drive a car from the NJ, NY, PA area to Denver, CO or Lander, Wyoming. Ideally I would like to leave August 9th and arrive August 11 or 12th. Please let me know if anyone out there has a car that needs to be transported! I have a clean driving record with no tickets or accidents ever! I am 28 years old.

Jake

• #248940 Reply
      Sydney

Looking to drive a car from east (Chicago/New york/Toronto; flexible) to west (Seattle/California/Vancouver; flexible) the last week of August. My dad is helping me move from the Toronto area to Vancouver area for graduate school. We are both fully licensed Canadian drivers with clean driving records although my dad (more experienced) will be doing the driving. [email protected]

• #248536 Reply
    Charlie P

Moving back to the west coast and looking to drive someone’s car from the DC area to Southern California in late July.

• #248287 Reply
    Kate Morin

I am looking for someone to drive my car from Michigan to LA sometime around November 5th.

Alternately, I could drive someone else’s car from LA to anywhere in the Midwest, i.e. Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, etc.

I am a nurse and I have a clean driving record!

Please contact me at [email protected]

• #248565 Reply
      RON

To properly figure a correct cost, I would need the exact city for pickup and drop off of car. Please provide this info for me and will get back to you.

RON
      [email protected]

• #248078 Reply
    Jan

I am helping my son move from Denver, CO, and heading to Brooklyn, NY. We are leaving no later than July 27, with an expected arrival of July 31 or August 1st. If you have a vehicle you need transported, I am a safe and mature female driver with a clean driving record, as is my son who is 24. We would be able to pick up a car located near Denver and drop it off in Brooklyn or someplace within a reasonable driving distance.

I can be reached at [email protected].

• #247833 Reply
    Esther Daugs

Hi! I am looking for someone to drive my car from the Idaho, Montana, Washington area to North Carolina sometime in mid to late August.

• #248938 Reply
      Dan Altman

Hi Miss Esther! Are you still looking for someone to help you relocate a vehicle? I have been doing this line of work for seven years plus with well over 150 successful drives. I carry liability insurance and can provide referrals.
      Tks

• #248492 Reply
      Barry Bogage

Hi Esther,
      I can help you out. I’m a recently retired professional with a clean driving record and light foot. I keep my own cars impeccably clean and will do the same with yours. I would just need expenses paid. Email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Barry

• #247867 Reply
      Ric

I might be able to help you with that. Please let me know if you are still looking for someone to drive – I would only need you to pay for the travel costs (gas and hotel). thanks

• #247869 Reply
      Andrea

Hi Esther,

I’d be happy to discuss this with you and see if I can help you out with this. My number is (five 1 six) 4 six 2 – two 7 nine 4.

Thanks!

• #247890 Reply
      Wendy stamper

Hi,
      I’m a very respectful and trustworthy driver. Clean record, ex mail carrier and teen addictions counselor and drive for logistics like Amazon, uber, and doordash.i personally drive a muscle luxury car so I definitely respect the vehicle and machine. Lol I can provide my drivers license as needed for back ground check. Looking forward to meeting u

• #247989 Reply
      JD

Hi Esther,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please email me at the email address below.

JD

[email protected]

• #247411 Reply
    Mia

Hi!

I am a current Master’s in Social Work student looking to drive someone’s car cross country– preferably from near the NY/CT area to the CA/PNW region. Flexible on dates this summer! Let me know if this would be helpful to you 🙂

Thank you!

Mia

• #247680 Reply
      Mia

Also, my email address is [email protected] and my phone number is 2039482269– feel free to reach me by email or text if you need a driver!

• #247270 Reply
    Carlos

Hello, I’m looking for a car to drive from LA to NYC or nearby (bay area to RI would also work for example).

My preferred time would be departing July 21st and arriving around August 5th but I have wiggle room for these dates.

I’m a very experienced driver with a perfect record!

Please contact me if you need your car taken from west coast to the east!

Thank you

• #248116 Reply
      Moriah

Hi Carlos,

I might have a lead for you. Can you reply with your contact information so I can get in touch?

Thanks!
      Moriah

• #247142 Reply
    Carl

Available to drive SF Bay to South Florida. We (couple) are available July thru October to drive your car. Recently retired professionals, no accidents, clean. We just need to bring a few things to Florida.

• #247210 Reply
    Mary

I am willing to transport your car.I am planning a trip from N. California/Oregon to New England in early August. Leaving West coast late July and arriving in Boston or Maine around August 10. Clean driving record, age 56

• #246974 Reply
    Taylor B

Hi! My father and I are driving from Washington/Oregon to Chicago starting between August 12-15th. I will be moving for college and transporting my belongings. Anyone have a car in the Washington/Oregon area they need transported to the Chicago area?

• #246805 Reply
    Brian Palmer

We’re looking for somebody to drive 2 cars from Milwaukee to Los Angeles in late-July or early August. Please contact me at [email protected]

• #246824 Reply
    Rodney Floyd

Hello,

I am looking to drive someones car from Denver, Colorado to Atlanta, Georgia anytime after July 29, 2023 and I need to be in Atlanta by August 3, 2023. I will be moving to Alanta for a job, have sold all my furniture, and will have my clothes and some boxes so a mid-size SUV or larger is preferred. I have a clean record, do not smoke, and have no pets.

Please email me at [email protected] if interested.

Kind regards,

Rodney

• #246502 Reply
    Chloe

Looking for a car to drive from east coast to west coast in mid August. Preferably Pittsburgh to Seattle, but can discuss other cities and locations. Message me on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/chloe.stanfield.359/

• #246275 Reply
    Andrew Packel

We are looking for someone to drive my daughter’s Toyota Camry from Chicago to Philadelphia some time soon. She just moved to Chicago, but we had no idea parking was such a hassle there!
    Thanks.

• #247915 Reply
      Moriah

Hi Andrew,

Are you still looking for someone to drive your car from Chicago to Philly? I’m going to be driving from the West to East coast and may be able to help you. Can you reply with your contact information so we can see if it’s a good fit?

Thank you!
      Moriah

• #247028 Reply
      Eyana

Hi, I might be able to help you before July 10th! Please email me at [email protected] or reply here!

• #246696 Reply
      RON

I am planning a trip from Milwaukee to Philadelphia in mid July if you can wait that long. IF INTERESTED IN MY SERVICES, GET BACK TO ME AT cldriving.com TO DISCUSS FURTHER DETAILS.

RON
      414-750-4110
      cldriving.com

• #246427 Reply
      JD

Hi Andrew,

Happy to discuss this drive.

Please reach out to me at my email address below.

JD

[email protected]

• #246152 Reply
    Lily

Hi all,

I’m seeking someone to drive my Toyota Corolla from Los Angeles, CA to Providence, RI. I’m pretty flexible on timing. Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss more. Thank you!

• #246094 Reply
    Ben

Hello!

I am looking to drive across country from southern Ontario, Michigan or New York to Colorado in early to mid-August.

If anyone needs a car driven for all or part of this route, or a similar route, I would be happy to help.

I have a valid Ontario licence and a clean driving record. Please contact me at doctorbenjamincrown[at]gmail[dot]com

–Ben

Viewing 1,021 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #172938 in Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information:

Cancel