Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

Viewing 1,011 reply threads
  • Author
    Brianna

Hi, I am relocating to the SF Bay area from NYC/PA in mid September for grad school and would be happy to transport a car. I have driven xc twice before & have a clean license. Aiming to be in the bay area by Sept15-18, but can be somewhat flexible.

If interested, feel free to contact me at [email protected] to discuss details.

• #238386 Reply
    David Shore

Hi, my partner and I are relocating from Virginia to Seattle via a stop in San Diego. We will be leaving mid/late June and arriving to Seattle by July 15th. We both have clean driving records.

Please reach out to [email protected] if you need a car relocation from the mid-atlantic to anywhere on the west coast in that time frame and we can work something out!

• #237970 Reply
    Jennifer Lane

Hello,

My husband and I are seeking to drive your car from the San Francisco Bay Area to the Dallas-Fort Worth Area starting June 21st. We need to transport a delicate piece of Japanese furniture which will be well wrapped to protect both it and your vehicle interior. Please write to [email protected] if this could help you. We both have clean driving records and are careful drivers. My husband has done some professional driving in recent years as well as taxi and truck earlier. I drove a driveway from NYC to Chicago.

Thanks!

• #238037 Reply
    Zach Green

Driver Available in Late May/Early June – ANYWHERE to ANYWHERE in the Lower 48

Hello, everyone!

I am a teacher who did auto driveaway on the side last summer. I had the privilege of doing a few jobs, including a drive from Connecticut to Las Vegas and New Jersey to Oklahoma City. I am now hoping to get back on the road again this summer. I am very comfortable with long drives and have references from past jobs that will vouch for my trustworthiness.

Currently, my availability is Memorial Day through the first half of June. It is very possible that my availability will extend, however. If that happens, I will post an update on this forum.

If this sounds like something that would be helpful to you, please email me at [email protected]. If you would like, you may also send me the year, make, and model of your vehicle, as well as the zip code or city (preferably zip code) of your desired beginning and end points so that I can give you a cost estimate.

I look forward to hearing from some of you soon!

Zach Green
    [email protected]

• #238466 Reply
      Sue

We were negotiating w Zach on an x-c car move, but we decided to keep the car where it is. Zach was responsive and provided a detailed estimate and fair price. Would not hesitate to use him in the future.

• #237709 Reply
    Teddy

Hi, we have a mirror in San Francisco that we are trying to get to Washington DC. I am looking for someone who is driving this route already and willing to put this mirror in their backseat / trunk.

Willing to pay! Flexible on timing — next few months.

Teddy

• #237503 Reply
    Lily D.

Hi everyone, I am seeking someone who will drive my car from Los Angeles, CA to Providence, RI (or Boston, MA) sometime this summer. I am flexible on timing.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested. I appreciate any interest and best wishes!

• #239074 Reply
      Gina S.

I would be happy to help you. I am leaving the Los Angeles area on the 17th of June heading to the East Coast. This would be a great match for both. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
      Please contact me at [email protected]. I carry my own insurance and have 25yrs
      experience.

• #237755 Reply
    Miriam Gee

Hello, we have a 1999 Class B Campervan Pleasureway Excel-wide body (19′-7″ long, 8’8″ high, 7′-1″ wide, 8700n lbs) that is in need of an RV tune-up and has been dormant in a driveway for about a year and a half in Sacramento CA. We put a lot of cash into tuning up the Chassis (Dodge Ram V6) in 2021 but it could use some fixing for the RV accessories It was used to commute and sleep/travel in for about 7 months in Norcal in 2021. Would like to bring it back home to MA this month if possible. Please let me know if you are interested in driving it XC. Has about 150,000 miles on it. Please let me know if you are interested in driving it and taking it for a road trip, we did MA to CA in 2018 and it was a blast. Thanks, Miriam @catastropheoftwo on instagram to see photos. Email [email protected] with subject Roadtrip CA to MA to discuss. Here is the link, we have the Excel RL wide body and the sofa is the bed.

• #237286 Reply
    Olga

Looking for someone to drive my 2015 Chevrolet Cruze from Florida to Virginia with my clothes in it asap

• #236712 Reply
    Frances

Hi there.
    I am a 23 y/o just finishing a graduate degree at Columbia University in New York and am looking to do a road trip over the summer with my friend. Both of us have full licenses and years of driving experience. She is a social worker and I am a writer. We would be looking to leave New York or any neighboring states and cities at the end of May to get to California sometime by mid to late June. We are then looking to drive up the West Coast to Seattle before doing a quicker drive back to New York. If anyone is looking for someone to drive their car for any potential routes along the way, we’d be a great fit! e.g. New York or neighboring states to California, California to Seattle or California back to the East Coast or any assortment of states and cities in between.

We are not looking for payment (not even for gas) as we see this as mutually beneficial.

Please email me at: [email protected] if you think this would be a good fit!

Frances

• #236563 Reply
    Phil

Looking for someone to drive Maryland to Denver asap. Vehicle is a 90s Toyota suv
    [email protected]

• #236129 Reply
    Sue

Hello. Seeking someone to drive a 2015 Forester from Petaluma, CA to Cape Cod MA in June 2023. Pick-up approximately June 4-7. Thank you.

• #236197 Reply
      Kian Braulik

Hi Sue, this sounds quite doable for me. Could we communicate about it in the coming days over email ([email protected]) or phone (7077711866)?

Let me know!

Kian

• #236258 Reply
      Tony Pancini

I may be able to help you. We could work out a few details so that it’s a fit for me. I would want to take some boxes from storage I have in San Rafael CA and drop them off in Tinley Park on my way. Would your car be empty and would that be OK? I think I could fit them in the back fairly easily. Best Regards! Tony [email protected]

• #236130 Reply
    Sue

Contact me if you are available to drive a 2015 Subaru Forester from Petaluma CA to Cape Cod MA the first week of June 2023. [email protected]. Thank you.

• #236018 Reply
    Michael

Hey all,

I’m a graduate student in the Boston/Cambridge, MA area who will be heading to California (LA specifically, but could leave it anywhere in the general area) early June. If anyone needs a car driven, I’d be happy to do it! Please send me a message if this seems like you’d be interested: [email protected]

• #235880 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

PLEASE READ MY POST BEFORE POSTING YOURS.
    My family travels does not post your email address. You need to put your contact information in the body of your post. If you don’t put your contact information in the body of your post you will not receive any response to your post. You will need to go to my family travels website to see if you have had any response to your post. So make it easier for yourself and the people responding to your post please put your contact information in your posting.
    Thank you
    Mark Dougherty fellow poster

• #235690 Reply
    George

Need car 2010 subaru impreza driven from Westchester NY to Berkeley California. would like to have the car there by early May as needed it for commuting to a new job. thank you.

• #236586 Reply
      Andre Faigal

Hey George,

I am willing to make this drive for free. Me and some of my friends were trying to figure out how to get to California without paying for an expensive plane ticket. Our driving skills are great and we will ensure to get your car there safely. Again we are willing to do this for FREE, just wanted to see what timeline you are looking for. Our availability is July 22 to August 15.

email me at [email protected]

• #235875 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Hello George
      My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire in San Diego, CA. I use Google maps to determine the driving cost. Google says its forty-three hour drive. I charge $10.00 an hour so my driving cost is $430.00 plus expenses.
      Expenses:
      Meals: $50.00 per day x 6= $300.00+/-
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night x 5=$500.00+/-
      Plane ticket to White Plains plus one checked bag.
      Return plane ticket to San Diego from Berkeley to San Diego plus one checked bag
      Fuel cost unknown
      $60.00 for my wife to take to the airport and pick me up on my return.
      The six day trip is due to 1st day flying from San Diego to White Plains which is an eight hour flight that has an 1 1/2 hour layover in Chicago for example departs 6:25 am arrives White Plains 5:22 pm $193.00 not including checked bag on May 9th.
      Return plane ticket on Southwest May 15th for $89.00 non-stop, several flights at this price.
      I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane tickets, I ask that you put them on your credit card.
      I have references. The dates for the plane tickets are for example only however I am available for those dates.
      I ask for two receipts for all purchases related to the flight. One for your records and one for my records. You pay only what are on the receipts. I do not ask for any upfront money.
      This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html#:~:text=Mark%20Dougherty%20makes%20a%20few,%2C%20gas%2C%20lodging%20and%20meals.
      My email: [email protected] my cell 619-993-6577.
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #235865 Reply
      Denise

Hello,
      I am willing to help you with driving your car. I have the flexibility right now with timing.
      Let me know if you are still looking for help and what information you might need from me.
      I can be reached via this email…[email protected] or feel free to reach out via phone 425-524-8508.

• #235978 Reply
      Kian Braulik

Hi George,

My name’s Kian, and I’m looking to do that drive in mid-May, would you like to start an email correspondence to discuss options? Let me know @ [email protected].

Best!

• #235672 Reply
    John

Hi All,

My wife and I were asking ourselves the same questions a year ago when we made our move from Texas to California. We were able to hire a moving company to handle moving all of our household items, but ran into the question, how are we going to get our two cars to California? We could have both driven each car the 1600+ mile trip, added the expense of lodging, fuel, etc and not to mention the wear and tear/miles that would be placed on our cars and would have had to drive for two days straight. We also looked into a vehicle drive away service (cant remember the name) but found it was quite expensive and we were still going to put the wear/tear on the vehicles. We wanted to be in CA when the moving truck arrived as we were on a tight schedule to try and get our new house put together before we had to return to work. We looked into a couple of different shipping companies that transport vehicles by trailer and were surprised that it really was not going to break the bank to have them shipped and there would be no additional wear and tear accrued to our cars. We ended up booking with Freedom Transport Service https://www.freedomtransportservice.com/, and it was a great experience. I believe we paid right around $1400 for both vehicles shipped. They were extremely communicative and prompt. Both vehicles were picked up and delivered on time. We will also be using them soon to ship our daughters vehicle off to college. Hope this helps!

• #235249 Reply
    Eric Pereira

I can offer my services to drive any car, small truck or van from Columbus OH area to Boston MA n the second half of May, ’23.
    Please contact me on 6039699866

• #234952 Reply
    Alex

I’m looking to drive from San Francisco to Minneapolis starting sometime in early July until late July. I could also continue on to the east coast if needed. I’ve got a clean record and I’ve driven across the US before. I’m willing to drive for free, but you’d just need to pay for gas. Let me know if you’re interested! You can reach me at [email protected].

• #234458 Reply
    Denise

I have a vehicle in Gainesville, Florida that I need to drive to Seattle. Flexible dates.
    My goal is to help someone who needs a vehicle moved from Seattle to anywhere that lands me closer to Florida so I can retrieve my vehicle and drive it back here to Seatlle.

If anyone has a need for a vehicle to be driven anywhere between Seattle and Florida, flexible dates…I would love to partner with you. I am a Washington state licensed driver with no infractions.
    Please contact me at [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to hear from you!

• #234314 Reply
    Rachel

Hi, I’m looking for someone to drive my car (Honda Fit) from SF to Boston in early August 2023.

• #235221 Reply
      Mike

I would be willing to help you out, if you have not found someone yet. I can do a flat rate and handle all of my airfare myself and include gas, meals and overnight stays included. Contact me at [email protected] if interested! (And anyone else that is in need of a car transport.)

Thanks! Mike

• #235364 Reply
      JD

Hi Rachel,

Happy to discuss this. Please email me at my email address below.

JD

[email protected]

• #234958 Reply
      Andrea

Hi Rachel,

I’d be happy to discuss this with you and see if I can help you out with this. My number is (five 1 six) 4 six 2 – two 7 nine 4.

Thanks!

• #234514 Reply
      Mark+Dougherty

Hello Rachel. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps. According to Google driving time is 46 hours so my driving cost is $460.00 plus expenses.
      Expenses are:
      Driving: $460.00
      Meals: $50.00 per day x 6 days=$300.00
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night x 5=$500.00+/-
      Fuel: 3,100 miles ÷ 40 mpg=77.5 x 4.00=$310.00
      Transportation to San Diego airport and return home $60.00
      Plane ticket to San Francisco from San Diego Southwest if purchased today for Aug 8 departure 6:30 am arriving 8:00 am $60.00.
      Boston to San Diego Southwest 5:15 am departure arrive 9:50 am $287.00
      I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane tickets. I ask that you put them on your credit card. I ask for two receipts for all purchases related to the trip, on for your records.
      I have references.
      My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected]

This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself.
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html#:~:text=Mark%20Dougherty%20makes%20a%20few,%2C%20gas%2C%20lodging%20and%20meals.
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #233198 Reply
    Lee Reese

Looking to drive a newer SUV from Los Angeles area to Nashville area. I travel back and forth and decided I’d like to do a road trip using the i10. Reach out if interested. Would like to leave around April 13ish. Very good driver with no tickets or accidents.

• #233207 Reply
    Celia Neustadt

Hi All,
    Looking for someone to drive our car cross country from LA to Baltimore, any time between now and end of April, flexible to go into May as well. Thank you! email [email protected]

• #232723 Reply
    SG

Hi all, I need someone to drive my car from Philadelphia to Seattle in late June. You could have up to 3-4 weeks to complete the journey so it could be an chance for a nice trip. Car is a 2013 Nissan Cube with ~65k miles. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested and with your quote.

• #232739 Reply
    Cole

Hi — Looking to drive from Dallas to Los Angeles (or anywhere between) in late May if anyone needs a car transported. Let me know!

Thanks,
    Cole

• #240174 Reply
      Becca

Hi Cole – any chance this trip can wait until June? I’m looking to hire someone to drive my car from Dallas to LA around June 23rd. (The car will have a UHaul trailer attached.)

• #232524 Reply
    Morgen

Need someone to drive a truck towing a 20 foot trailer from Virginia to los angeles in mid to late april. Thx!

Viewing 1,011 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #172529 in Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information:

Cancel