Unique things about Singapore which you will never find anywhere else? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums Asia and Africa Family Travel Forum Unique things about Singapore which you will never find anywhere else?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Karen Brewer

Singapore is one of the countries that I look forward to visiting. My aunt lives there. She let me see beautiful places through pictures and videos. I am always amazed by the beauty and the cleanliness of the surroundings. My aunt used to boast to me that the people there are very disciplined and she even mentioned that they’re not allowed to spit anywhere. And about the priorities in lanes or seats, they do not give special treatment for the old or young people, who sit or who are in the first lane should be served first. In case you plan to visit Singapore, here are the popular places and local tour guides she recommended:h

• #232476 Reply
    Martina

I agree that Singapore is safe, which even seems unusual to me. I left my phone in the local coffee shop for the whole day, and it was there when I came back.

• #232479 Reply
    callmenassoma

Hey there, I totally agree with you about Singapore being a safe and clean city. It’s almost unreal! I would even say many Asian countries have unique cultures, and we have something to learn from them.
    I’m also doing some research on unique things in Malaysia since I’m planning to visit it soon. I heard that Malaysia is also a very interesting country with its own set of unique rules and regulations. I found this cool website with some travel tips for first-time travelers to Malaysia, and I thought I’d share it with you and others who might be interested in traveling there. Here’s this link I was talking about: https://www.kenyireco.com/malaysia-travel-tips-for-first-time-travelers/

• #232482 Reply
    ?lara

Thnx for sharing this post. I’m actually planning a trip there shortly. So, it’s good to be informed of some things. BTW, do you have any info about other countries or maybe particular cities?

• #80602 Reply
    Tania Gromenko

The Singapore is Clean & safe city, As it has unique rules to follow that no other country has, like chewing gum and throwing it everywhere is very serious in this lion island country. In fact, the law does not prohibit people from having gum. You can have gum, but don’t eat and chew it. The fine for eating gum in public is 500 SGD.
    Sabotage of general matters in Singapore is considered a serious violation. You may be fined up to 2000 SGD, jailed for 3 years or beaten 3 times.
    There are many other regulations in Singapore. You must have seen Singapore souvenirs such as T-shirts or stickers labeled “The Fine City” with the addition of various prohibited sign logos. This is what is meant by the label attached to this sea lion country.

• #74884 Reply
    Sumit Desai

1. Singaporean do not like to waste time. They mix and match both Malay and English. Use of “lah” “leh” or “lor” are very common in their vocabulary.
    2. They reserve seats by putting their Bussiness card, Umbrella or id card and people will understand the seat is taken. It’s a great tip while you are on a food adventure.
    3. Singaporean love to have their ice cream Sandwiched. Their favorite is to eat ice cream with a slice of bread.
    4.No Food here is complete without spice i.e Chilly Sauce and pepper.
    5. Singapore is truly a multi-cultured country while they celebrate their own festivals. Indian and Chinese festivals are also celebrated.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #80602 in Unique things about Singapore which you will never find anywhere else?
Your information:

Cancel