Almost everyone’s favorite getaway is a family beach vacation, whether it’s winter or summer. Here are FTF’s winners from a decade of “Top 10 Getaway” awards in the best family beach category.
Our Top 10 beach getaways, all past winners of the “Top 10 Getaways” awards in this category, promise location, location, location with excellence in facilities, family activities and childcare. The beach getaway resorts below combine a relaxing beach vacation with a commitment to providing an enjoyable experience for the entire family, at a variety of price points.
Let’s take a closer look!
1) Four Seasons Resort Lanai’i at Manele Bay, Lana’i, Hawai’i – The pinnacle of luxury on volcanic Lana’i features scenic Hawai’i at its best.
2) Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego, California – Victorian charm, Old World style and an impressive youth spa make this the choice of pampering parents.
3) Ka’anapali Beach Hotel, Mau’i, Hawai’i – Authenticity and the “aloha spirit” embrace families at this affordable beach resort.
4) Our Lucaya Beach & Golf Resort, Grand Bahama – Now a smaller resort that is part of the Radisson Hotels & Resorts family offering a gorgeous beach, lots of sports facilities, a spa and a Vegas-style casino, as well as infant care and a kid’s camp.
5) Ritz-Carlton, Cayman Islands – Fabulous beaches, snorkeling and marine life are introduced to upscale families by none other than the heirs of Jacques Cousteau.
6) Round Hill, Jamaica – A chic, private villa compound staffed by uniformed butlers and nannies recalls Montego Bay’s Colonial Golden Age.
7) Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort, Destin, Florida – With 2,400 beachfront acres along the calm Gulf coast, you can stay busy or totally relaxed in a choice of rental vacation homes, condos or hotels.
8) Sandy Lane, Barbados – Gold sand, fine service and luxuriously refreshed facilities spoil relatives of all ages at this posh multi-generational favorite.
9) Shangri-La Fijian Resort, Fiji – A heavenly setting with lots of family accommodations in which to spread out. Special attention to the babies in the nursery includes complimentary, freshly prepared baby food.
10) Wild Dunes, South Carolina – A close-to-home Atlantic coast golf resort development enhances the family beach vacation with organized infant and toddler programs.
More detailed information on each of these resorts is available by clicking on the titles and by searching MyFamilyTravels.com. And keep in mind, that while the resort may have changed in the time since it won our award, the beach itself will be just as welcoming. Share your favorite beach resort getaways with us!
This story was accurate when it was published. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question, and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.