Everyone in your family can act as a responsible traveler — here are some tips to get your youngest started on the green pathway.
Lead by example — that's the best way to teach your kids. Here are some things parents and children can do together on their next tropical holiday to promote the positive environmental values of eco-tourism.
*Reuse your beach towel.
* Only take what you will use.
* Support conservation programs.
* Use hotel and public transportation.
* Refrain from using disposable cameras.
* Avoid styrofoam, room service and carryout.
* Don't buy endangered species products, such as items made from sea turtles and black coral.
* Turn off lights, air conditioner and other appliances when leaving the room.
* Write a comment or speak with the hotel management, airline, cruise line or tour guide regarding their environmental efforts.
* Compliment facilities/groups that have green programs, and if environmentally conscious programs aren't in place, ask why.
* Fly on airlines that recycle and have environmental agendas, including American Airlines, British Airways, Northwest and Southwest.
*Pick up litter, and don't take souvenirs from natural areas.
Tips Courtesy: Caribbean Hotel Association's Caribbean Action for Sustainable Tourism Program.
Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.