FTF shares common sense shopping tips to protect your family when using the Internet.
Welcome to Family Travel Forum’s Travel Mall! We suggest that all families follow these simple, common sense tips to protect identity and privacy while shopping for travel purchases online. Share them with your teens, too!
- Verify the credibility and integrity of every online merchant by looking at review sites or their ranking.
- Proceed to a secure part of the site (note the closed lock or key on the lower left of your browser screeen, or check the page URL has changed to https//:) before entering credit card.
- Note merchant’s customer service policies and contact information in case you have trouble with products.
- Check your order and shipping costs before you finalize the purchase.
- Print all online receipts and save e-mail shipping confirmations until merchandise is received.
For more helpful tips before you hit the stores, click here to read “10 Tips for Smart Holiday Shopping Online” from the US Federal Trade Commission.
This story was accurate when it was published. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question, and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.