Trends Report – February 28, 2008: Family Travel Forum's 10th annual "Top 10 Getaways for Tiny Travelers" awards explore a decade of change in family vacations.Trends Report – February 28, 2008: Family Travel Forum's 10th annual "Top 10 Getaways for Tiny Travelers" awards explore a decade of change in family vacations.
(New York, NY) Family Travel Forum, the leading publisher of family vacation websites, is celebrating the 10th anniversary of its "Top 10 Getaways for Tiny Travelers" awards by revisiting the original 1998 winners and studying the evolution of the family travel industry. In examining these 10 international resorts, Family Travel Forum consultants identified several known and emerging trends not visible a decade ago.
- Surge in multi-generational, blended family and family reunion vacations. To accommodate them, all 10 pioneering family resorts are offering ‘togethering’ activities, such as The Peaks Resort Family Yoga classes, plus more connecting rooms, extra suites and group rates.
- Personalized attention lures time-starved families. Franklyn D Resort has upgraded training for their signature vacation nannies while other resorts report increased demand for private babysitters and concierge services.
- Branded education and enrichment programs add to bottom line. All winners reported enhancing traditional activities and supervised games with DVD libraries, classes and computer centers. The Grove enlarged their infant nursery while Beaches resorts let the youngest guests hang out with “Sesame Street” characters.
- Children’s physical training demanded by fitness-minded parents. Leading ski resorts Taos, Smugglers Notch, and Jackson Hole now offer ski lessons to children starting at 2-years, snowboarding at 4, and teen snowsports camps for varying skill levels.
- Healthier meal options. Chicken fingers are out; both The Tyler Place and Franklyn D Resort serve healthy, locally grown alternatives for the whole family.
- Customer Relationship Management is essential. Both the rustic Montecito Sequoia Lodge and the elegant Sheraton Algarve Pine Cliffs mine guest surveys and, as a result, added nurseries, special teen clubs with dances and discos, and facilities for seniors. All this, to accommodate generations of repeat business.
For the complete list of winners and their evolution, see the 2007 “Top 10 Getaways for Tiny Travelers” at http://www.familytravelforum.com/what/award_winners/12740-Top-Getaways-for-Tiny-Travelers-2007.html.
About Family Travel Forum
Family Travel Forum (FTF), whose motto is "Have Kids, Still Travel!", is dedicated to the ideals, promotion and support of travel with children. The company’s award-winning vacation websites contain vast libraries of destination research, including first-hand reviews of tropical and ski resorts, reunion destinations, attractions, multi-generational travel, holiday weekends, family festivals and cruises. FTF offers trip-planning consultation and discounts from preferred vendors and has worked with Fairmont Hotels, Chrysler, Forbes, Disney's Family.com and other major brands to develop strategic campaigns aimed at the frequent family traveler.
This story was accurate when it was published. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question, and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.