Looking for the top ski resorts for a family ski or snowboarding vacation? The following are winners of FTF’s Top 10 Getaway awards in the snowsports category, honored for their top family facilities and instruction.
Our “Top 10 Getaways” award winners, selected annually since 1998, combine the facilities for a top family snow sports vacation with a commitment to services and amenities that guarantee an enjoyable experience for the entire family. More detailed information and reviews of each of these resorts is available through links to the resort name.
1) Bretton Woods Mountain Resort, New Hampshire – A classic turn-of-the-century mountain resort and majestic White Mountains location bring Old World style to your active vacation.
2) Brian Head Resort, Utah – The lesser-known venue for toddler skiers and riders boasts a spectacular Canyonlands setting and an intimate learn-to-ski setting.
3) Grand Targhee, Wyoming – With powder and backcountry steeps that exceed experts’ dreams, they maintain a small and superb nursery and top teachers.
4) Jackson Hole, Wyoming – Whose learning programs have grown along with the state-of-the art baby club to make this resort a magnet for young snowboarders and extreme athletes.
5) Northstar-at-Tahoe, California – A stylish, pedestrian-only base village and Burton-designed trails attract families with independent minded kids, especially in spring.
6) Smugglers’ Notch, Vermont – Where two-and-a-half-year-olds can begin ski lessons in what’s become the active family’s year-round getaway — a perennial favorite on all Top 10 lists — a favorite for kids and their parents
7) Snowbird Ski Resort, Utah – Offers all levels of terrain with super intermediate plus runs, deluxe ski-in/ski-out accommodations, an excellent nursery and ski school, and a great spa.
8) Snowmass, Colorado– The big, friendly sister to Aspen has expanded its children’s programs and facilities to remain the industry’s gold standard in family snowsports’ resorts.
9) Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico – Where a snowboarding ban has been revoked, and guests under 12 months receive even more personal care than before, in a gorgeous setting.
10) Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia – Size matters here; you get great terrain and well-run children’s programs during the West’s longest season, where, while some may keep skiing, others can play golf.
Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.