Las Vegas hotel deals conjure up images of glittering high rise casinos, high-rollers and high-end luxury. But the City of Lights has plenty to offer families from outdoor fun to indoor amusement parks. Fortunately, kids love the excitement of live entertainment, music and great food just as much as adults.
Kick-off your vacation in Las Vegas in luxury in one of Las Vegas’ selection of kid friendly hotels featuring bowling alleys, swimming pools, stage shows and private bedrooms. Here are 10 ideas to get started.
1. Circus, Circus – This legendary Las Vegas hotel’s name isn’t just a fun throwback to old-fashioned circus fun. Circus, Circus in Las Vegas stars the world’s largest permanent circus and America’s largest indoor theme park. High-flying acts take to the trapeze to mezmerize kids and adults alike. Over in the Carnival Midway, guests can play arcade and circus games. And over in the Adventuredome, families can get a thrill ride with roller coasters and indoor amusement park fun.
2. Bellagio Hotel – Families looking for sophisticated luxury combined with a kid-friendly touch stay at the Bellagio. This Las Vegas hotel is all about pampering and AAA 5 Diamond service. The Bellagio features its own family-friendly fountain show that’s free for anyone to enjoy, and houses the Bellagio Conservatory brimming with colorful flowers.
But the crowning entertainment at the Bellagio is the Cirque Du Soleil water show. ‘O’: The Aquatic Las Vegas Classic features aquatic acrobats that will inspire kids to put on a show at the heated pool the next morning.
3. Excalibur Hotel & Casino – Conveniently located near the South end of the Las Vegas Strip, the Excalibur Hotel and Casino features a medieval theme that delights kids. Four outdoor pools and a water slide are open daily, with kid-friendly options as well as adult only. Kids hang-out at the Fun Dungeon with family-friendly games including arcade style and prize games.
You don’t even have to leave the grounds to see a show the whole family at the Tournament of Kings. Running since 1990, guests watch the tale of King Arthur unfold with a jousting battle in a theater-in-the-round arena.
4. Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino – Get away from the epicenter of the Las Vegas Strip at the Mandalay Bay Hotel. Stay off-season for a discount on luxury complete with spa service for the parents while the kids have fun at the beach. That’s right, the Mandalay Bay is the only hotel on the Las Vegas Strip with a sandy beach and surf to make you feel like you’re oceanside instead of in a desert. Send the kids down the lazy river and splash in the wave pool before drying off to check out the shark themed aquarium.
5. MGM Hotel & CasinoStay at one of the largest hotels in the world at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino. Originally designed to represent Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz, the outside of the hotel is green as a nod to the Emerald City. While children aren’t allowed in the casino, the MGM attracts families who love Hollywood glitz and glam. Take a dip in one of the four outdoor pools, lazy river and go adventuring by the waterfalls. The MGM Grand is also conveniently situated near the famous Coca-Cola store with the world’s largest coke bottle, M&M’s World, and CSI the Experience.
6. New York, New York – Your kids might do a double take at the larger than life Statue of Liberty saluting from the New York, New York hotel. Check out the 300 foot-long replica of the Brooklyn Bridge and other landmarks including Grand Central Station and the Empire State Building. If you’re a frequent visitor of New York, or just love good food, stop by popular hot spots like the Shake Shack. There’s only one pool at New York, New York, but the property makes up for it with its own roller cosaster and Broadway style shows.
7. The Orleans Hotel – The Orleans makes time for kids with their on-site Kids Tyme with a multi-level jungle gym with chutes and ladders, coin free arcade room, movie room, video games, and interactive stations like Legos and cars. For budding artists, Kids Tyme also offers paints, markers and crayons to get creative. Best of all, Kids Tyme is supervised and parents can save on a sitter when they want to hit the casino or have some adult entertainment. If the kids are looking for something else to do, try the on-site bowling alley or hit the 18 screen movie theater.
8. Red Rock Resort – The Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa is a 20-minute free shuttle ride to the Las Vegas Strip, which may be a pro or con depending on who you ask. Situated in Summerlin, the surrounding area hosts outdoor movies and tennis camps for kids.
The real attraction to the Red Rock Casino and Spa is the 72-lane bowling alley, kids club and movie theater. Try a game of cosmic bowling alley with backlights on the weekend to turn your evening into a kid-friendly party. There are also 10 pools to choose from including a zero entry option for little ones who want to toddle by themselves into the water.
9. South Point Hotel – The South Point Hotel attracts high-rollers and gamblers, but is still kid-friendly with plenty of family entertainment options. Take a dip in the lagoon style swimming pool, spend the evening at the bowling center and arcade, or see a movie at the 16-screen Century Theatre. The South Point Hotel is just a few miles from the center of the strip, so it’s a good option if you want to be central while avoiding the hustle and bustle.
10. Luxor Hotel – Step back into ancient Egypt at the Luxor in Las Vegas. You can’t miss it. It’s the only hotel on the Strip (or perhaps anywhere) shaped like an Egyptian pyramid. Inside, the decor looks like most casinos and isn’t Egyptian inspired. A seasonal 19,000-square-foot pool with an adjoining pool deck and cabanas, daybed and VIP chairs for rent.
For family-friendly entertainment, see the 2012 Vegas Entertainer of the Year, magician Criss Angel, mezmerize crowds. Or see Blue Man Group for a quirky show featuring percussion and those infamous painted blue men.
Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.