Itinerary Help in Seoul - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums Asia and Africa Family Travel Forum Itinerary Help in Seoul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    georgemiller

I’m glad to hear you’re coming to Seoul. If you only have 2 days, I would suggest skipping the DMZ and finding another place to visit, such as Nami Island. There are many restaurants all over Seoul, but I would also recommend trying the ones in Myeongdong and Itaewon, as English is spoken fairly well there. Itaewon is not very crowded during the day, but it gets busy late at night because of the bars. For a hidden gem, I would go to Hyehwa to try out the variety of food available.

• #259766 Reply
      wetraveltogether

Great suggestion. Thank you, George! As far as the language, that is one of my concerns since I don’t speak or understand Korean. Do you think I should get a local guide? Found this guide about the pros and cons of hiring one https://gowithguide.com/blog/hiring-a-guide-in-south-korea-pros-and-cons-5288

• #260457 Reply
        georgemiller

@wetraveltogether Hiring a local guide seems worthwhile given the language barrier. A fluent guide will navigate comfortably and direct you to desired locations, plus uncover hidden local spots unknown to tourists. With translation help and cultural context, a guide will boost confidence exploring Seoul fully without hindrance. While costing extra, the seamless transit, tips, and deeper cultural access a guide enables likely merits the investment for a top experience overcoming the language challenge.

• #257968 Reply
    wetraveltogether

I’ll be going to Seoul in November. I have 2 days available time to explore the city. I’m interested in doing a DMZ tour and other attractions in the city. I have prepared an itinerary but I’m not sure if I cover all the highlights in the city. Please suggest me restaurants or if you know a hidden gem in the city that has fewer crowds. I’d love to include it.

Day 1: Gyeongbokgung Palace, Bukchon Hanok Village, Insadong
    Day 2: DMZ Tour, Myeongdong, Namsan Seoul Tower

Is it possible to do a half-day DMZ tour?

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Itinerary Help in Seoul
Your information: