Refund for villa - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums Europe Family Travel Forum Refund for villa

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Sinead Curley

Just looking for a bit of advice. I booked a villa in Spain for 2 weeks through the website HomeAway.co.uk for myself, my husband and our 3 boys. We arrived on 29th June 2019. There were no cushions on the sun loungers so I emailed the owner and asked him for some. He replied saying he doesn’t supply them due to hygiene reasons. I replied saying we really needed them and that we could put towels over them if he preferred. He gave me the following reply:

“We have never provided cushions for sunbeds and nobody has complained. I already told you that it’s for reasons of hygiene; the cushions are stained with bronzers and can not be washed. It seems amazing to me that you are in a wonderful house and on your first day you are already complaining at 23:41 instead of enjoying your vacations !!! We are professionals and we serve our guests perfectly but we are not slaves. So if you are not happy with the house, I invite you to leave it at first thing in the morning and we will return all the rent money. We do not want problems and I believe that you are problematic guests. Normally guests are dedicated to enjoying their vacations and not to protest!”

The property was also full of bugs. There were large ant nests all around the walls of the property and a cover of a shore by the pool was broken off. There were ants in the kitchen and on the couch in the living room. So, we left the property on Sunday 30th June. However, he has completely ignored me since. He won’t reply to my emails and he will not answer his phone or will not reply to WhatsApp messages. HomeAway said they are an advertising platform only and cannot help us. Is there anything we can do? I don’t understand why he said he would refund us and then not do it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Refund for villa
Your information: