Orlando Extravaganza - My Family Travels

On the morning of June 24, 2011 at 2:00 a.m., me and my church family boarded the bus and headed to Orlando, Florida. By 7:00 a.m., we were well into Georgia and everyone was hungry, so we stopped at Ryan’s for breakfast. Approaching the door, I could smell the sweet aromas of all of the delicious breakfast foods that my stomach was wanting. 

After the hearty breakfast, we boarded the bus again and continued our journey. I fell asleep dreaming of Orlando. I awoke and we were exiting the interstate and I saw signs that said “Welcome to the Holy Land Experience.”

As I stepped off of the bus, I was stunned at what I saw. It felt like I was in heaven, because of the astonishing scenery. The remarkable statues of Jesus as a child in the manger, the heavenly angels, and Noah and the ark. Just to name a few.

At 5:00 p.m. we boarded the bus and we went to The Holiday Inn Hotel to check in. We all rested for an hour and then we went to my cousin’s room for seafood night. Approaching the hall that they were on, I could smell the fried fish, the shrimp, and crab legs, and the salmon patties that filled the room. My taste buds desired all of these delicious foods; my stomach was talking to me. After we ate, we all wanted some dessert. So my family and I decided to walk to The World’s Largest McDonald’s. I was stunned by the wonderful eating area. The upstairs downstairs playground for the kids, and how friendly the cashiers were as one was handing me my medium mango pineapple smoothie.

The next day, we all woke up at 6:00 a.m. and prepared to meet downstairs at 7:00 a.m. in the hotel breakfast room. After finishing breakfast, we all boarded the bus and went to Sea World. Approaching the entrance and I stepped off the bus, I was so blown over by the scenery. The clear blue water that glistened, the huge statues of the whales. At about 2:00 p.m., we went to the whale show. I could hear the several sounds of the little kids shouting and screaming because of all the excitement.  We took our seats, I felt so relaxed and ready to enjoy the show. At about 2:30 p.m., we went to the whale show. My favorite thing that two of the whales did was form a heart with their tales while they were kissing.

Later on that night, we all went out to eat to Golden Corral and then went strolling the streets of Orlando Florida. The gigantic stores, the glamorous lights of the stores lit up the streets.
The next day was our last day in Orlando Florida, and we all headed downstairs to eat breakfast. At 10:00, we all were ready to board the bus and head on back home. On the contrary, we stopped by a flea market in Stanford Florida to do some shopping.

As I was sleeping on the bus, I reminisced about all of the good times that we’ve had back in Florida and all of the astonishing things that went to see until I dozed off into a peaceful sleep. I can truly that I would love to go back to Orlando Florida.

Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.

Comment on this article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.