After a very tough year for everyone, you probably don’t need 10 reasons to take a Mediterranean cruise. Just hearing about Atlas Ocean Voyages new Mediterranean cruise itineraries – seven to 12 days in Egypt and the Greek Isles — is enough to make you want to go. And their just-announced sale: $2,000-$7,000 off per stateroom or suite on select voyages if purchased June 24-July 7, 2021 makes it even more desirable.
Here are nine other great reasons why an immersive Mediterranean cruise aboard Atlas Ocean Voyages’ World Navigator should be for you.
9. World Navigator is a brand new ship built in a sustainable, energy-efficient manner. She holds Polar Category C- and Ice Class 1B certifications for expeditionary exploration. Her small size (fewer than 200 passengers) and agility mean she can dock in smaller ports other ships can’t reach.
8. These Meditarranean cruises are all about wellness. World Navigator features the most modern hygiene and cleanliness measures with the industry’s highest guest-to space ratio. On board, there is Sea Spa, the first L’OCCITANE spa at sea plus fitness facilities. Health protocols include pre-boarding and pre-embarkation PCR testing for all passengers.
7. These Summer 2021 itineraries are safe while maintaining the upscale but adventurous spirit of small and exclusive destinations. Atlas Ocean Voyages will be making alternating departures from Athens (Piraeus) in Greece, and Cairo (Alexandria) in Egypt, starting August 4 through September 18, 2021.
6. More than half of the 14 ports visited are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Alberto Aliberti, president of Atlas Ocean Voyages, says that World Navigator will be the first ship to call at Egypt this season and offer travelers a “new, unique and superior choice of exclusive and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.” Explore the Catacombs of Kom El Shuqafa, the region’s largest Roman cemetery which is totally undergound. Enjoy the sound and light show at the Pyramids of Giza, meet the Sphinx, learn about the Library at Alexandria and tour the remains of a Roman theatre outside Cairo.
5. On Atlas’ Aegean itineraries, choose among shore excursions designed for families whether you are seeking active adventures, history immersion at ancient sites and world-class museums, or relaxing on spectacular beaches. Every Mediterranean cruise includes sun-drenched Santorini, Greece with its famous beaches and blue roofs and up to two nights in either Cairo or Mykonos so guests can take in plenty of night life as well as all of the sites. Tour the Sanctuary of Delos and the Monastery of St. John on Patmos. Some excursions are accessible for those with physical challenges.
4. World Navigator’s summer 2021 deployment is scheduled to avoid over tourism as port calls won’t coincide with other cruise lines. You may be the only ship at less-visited ports where only small ships can dock, such as Chania, Crete and Paphos, Cyprus.
3. This luxury Mediterranean cruise is also a great value for your vacation dollar. Multigenerational groups appreciate the ship’s compact size, intimate feel and personalized service. Cruise rates on these unique maiden voyages start at $4,419 pp for seven nights including airfare and just $679 plus airfare for the third birth — triple occupancy staterooms are ideal for cousins to share or mom-daughter trips.
2. To de-stress this summer’s travel experience, Atlas provides its signature All Inclusive All the Way pricing. In addition to complimentary round -trip air travel and a choice of a shore excursion in every port, expect prepaid gratuities, travel insurance (including medical evacuation), premium wine, spirits, beers and coffees and regionally inspired cuisine.
1. If ever there was a time we want no-stress travel, that’s now. Atlas Ocean Voyages promises a luxe adventure experience with top quality facilities, amenities and services. Keep everyone in your clan engaged aboard the beautiful World Navigator which is welcoming families with innovative programming for older kids and teens on this summer’s Mediterranean cruise schedule.
That means all you need to do is book now (call their team at 844/442-8527 from June 24 through July 7, 2021) and save, get on the plane and everything else will be taken care of for you.
Author Eileen Ogintz has traveled the world with her family for her nationally syndicated travel column, Taking The Kids. A big fan of family cruising, she has authored this post about Atlas Ocean Voyages for sponsor FamilyTravelConsulting.com.
Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.