Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

• This topic has 1,940 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 days, 9 hours ago by Sarah Griffin.
Viewing 1,042 reply threads
  • Author
    Carolyn Gengo

Hello!
    I need someone to drive my 2017 Kia Sportage from Phoenix Arizona to Pelham, NY (outside of New York City). Very well maintained car.
    Thank you,
    Carolyn G

• #322631 Reply
    Greg

(resending as I did not see the post i sent in days ago)

Hi-
    Looking for someone to drive our car from SoCal to NY in mid/late July.
    Thanks,
    Greg

• #322275 Reply
    Sarah Griffin

Hello! I am hoping to have someone drive my 2023 Kia sportage hybrid from Vancouver WA to Sterling VA. Departure date will be the evening of Aug 11. It is 2796 miles, around 40 hours. Compensation :I can provide a buddy pass for Southwest Airlines upon reaching the destination. I will also pay $500 + gas + stay (up to $100) reimbursement and $150 food stipend. I will reimburse in real time through venmo/paypal/cash app with pictures of receipts. You’re welcome to bring a companion but those incurred costs are drivers responsibility. I have AAA. Thank you for reading!- Sarah G

• #322552 Reply
      Dana Scioli

Can drive for you. I’m in Denver now and would agree with you on terms. However can you as well pay for the flight into Portland.

Thanks for the offer. Please let me know if you accept.

Dana Scioli

• #322574 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

You will be finding someone looking to be heading to VA for what you are willing to pay. I think I am one of the cheapest driver for hire you will find here on my family travels.This is what I charge:
      Plane ticket and one checked bag to Portland from San Diego, Ca
      Return plane ticket and one checked bag to San Diego.
      Transportation cost from my home to San Diego Airport and back
      Meals $50.00 per day
      Motels $100.00+/- per night
      Fuel costs
      $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps
      You pay all purchases related to the trip. I am not going to nickle and dime you to death. I pay for my own snacks.
      You pay only what are on the receipts.
      You pay for any unforseen charges. For example, if a tire blows and I need to buy a new tire.
      My name is Mark Dougherty
      My cell is 619-993-6577
      My email is [email protected]
      Sincerly
      Mark Dougherty

• #322662 Reply
      Dan Ortiz

Hi Sarah,

Please contact me at [email protected]. I’ve completed 3 cross country relocations on this site and 5 in total. What you’ve written works for me. Hope to hear from you soon.

Dan

• #322073 Reply
    Bernadette Brogan

Hi-

We need someone to drive our car from Charleston SC on June 10th to Dunedin Florida. Thanks.

• #321897 Reply
    Timothy Lewis

Need somebody to drive my Ram 1500 and Smittybilt camping trailer (11ft) with my dog.. depart Sacramento around 19th June and has to be in Minneapolis on the morning of 22rd June

• #321377 Reply
    Kyle

Hi, im looking for someone to drive my car from Denver to Monterey California on July 1st. Let me know if anyone is interested.

• #321829 Reply
      Dan Altman

Hi Kyle, I would be happy to provide you a quote.
      I have been moving vehicles, professionally for 9 plus years
      with almost 200 drives successfully completed.
      I carry insurance and can provide plenty of referrals.
      If you are still looking, let me know.
      Please review my website/blog.
      Tks
      Dan
      [email protected]

• #321807 Reply
    Ken O

Hello,

I’m looking for somebody to drive a 2011 Toyota Corolla from Kansas City to Reno NV towards the end of this month. Alternatively would take delivery to St. George, UT. I have some flexibility on dates. Thanks.

• #322466 Reply
      Dana Scioli

I can do the ride-sharing send me a email. Cost of the ride is reasonable.

Dana Scioli

• #322023 Reply
      howard daniel altman

Mr Ken,
      Are you still in need? Be glad to provide you a quote.
      Feel free to review my website/blog. 9 plus years on the business. Almost 200 successful vehicle relocations. Insured and can prove multiple referrals.
      TKS
      Dan Altman – Retired US Navy
      [email protected]

http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

• #321830 Reply
      Dan Altman

HI Mr Ken!
      I would be glad to provide you with a quote.
      I have been in business for 9 years plus, helping
      people and companies relocate vehicles.
      I have nearly 200 sucessful moves.
      I carry insurance and can provide plenty of referrals.
      If still looking, please let me know.
      Feel free to review my website/blog.
      Thanks
      Dan
      [email protected]

• #321524 Reply
    Kyle

Hi,

I’m looking for someone to drive my car from Denver to Monterey California on July 1. Email [email protected].

• #322467 Reply
      Dana Scioli

I can do the ride-sharing send me a email.Cost reasonable.

Dana Scioli

• #321117 Reply
    BARRY SHAPIRO

I’m a retired architect. I’m planing on being in Maine in July. I would like to take 2-3 weeks driving back to Tucson, AZ by myself. Do you need a car driven close this location? I don’t need to be paid, simply the opportunity to drive a car slowly west.

Thank you,

Barry

• #321903 Reply
      Timothy Lewis

Hi Barry .. you don’t want to drive a truck and camping trailer with my dog from Sacramento to Dover NH..

Time is somewhat flexible..

• #320601 Reply
    Sarah

Hello All, Available to drive your vehicle from Los Angeles area to PNW, leaving around June 15th arriving by June 26th. Flexible and can provide references! [email protected]

Give a shout if interested,
    Sarah

• #319887 Reply
    Heather

Looking for someone to drive our ford explorer from Idaho falls to Riverside ca on May 31st

• #319487 Reply
    Emliy Lyons

Hello! I am available to drive somebody’s car from NYC -> Utah (or somewhere along the way), leaving NYC June 1. Please contact me if interested and happy to provide any pertinent info :).
    -Emily

• #320037 Reply
      Barry Lyons

We are a retired couple looking to drive someone’s car from Minneapolis to Montreal or thereabouts sometime this summer. I am trying to find a site that sets up car transportation for one time trips like this, we expect no payment or gas money as that is just a travel expense that we would incur anyway. Any ideas are appreciated

• #318664 Reply
    howard daniel altman

Greetings All! Getting ready for another drive soon.
    I am for hire.
    Basically, there are two ways to relocate/move a vehicle. Transport or Drive.
    Not knocking the transport business. Make sure at all times who is in control of your vehicle.
    If you hirer someone to drive it, like me, you will always know and be in constant contact.
    Additionally, I carry insurance.
    If you need a quote or have questions, feel free to contact me.
    Tks, Dan

• #321904 Reply
      Timothy Lewis

Hi Dan …

Looking to move my truck and small camping trailer with dog to Minneapolis around the 19th June

Second option is to drive all the way to Dover NH

Tim

• #322469 Reply
        Dana Scioli

Am available now for price of ticket from Denver and low fee for the opportunity to ride along with you.

Dana Scioli

• #320526 Reply
      Tracy

Hi –

I am trying to get my Toyota Sienna from NH to Nevada. I would like for it to be there when I fly in on 6/22. I am starting to look for options and comparing pricing. Any insight you can lend me would be much appreciated!

🙂 Tracy

• #322468 Reply
        Dana Scioli

I’m in Denver Colorado. I can do the ride-sharing thing for you. Price of ticket and very low fee for the opportunity to ride along with you. Prior Law Enforcement.

Dana Scioli

• #320640 Reply
        Vanest

Hi, Tracy.
        Website http://www.efravel.com lists drivers available. If you don’t find a driver, you can list the trip (it’s free to list and become member) until you find a driver. Only serious inquiries will reach out due to $3 connect fee (after that no charge). Best of luck!

• #320545 Reply
        Reece Byer

Hi there! I might be able help? Where in Nevada is the drop off? I would only charge for food, lodging, and gas.

• #320546 Reply
        Reece Byer

What is the year on your Toyota Sienna?

• #318888 Reply
      Aleticia Tijerina

Hi, I saw your post and I am looking for someone to drive my vehicle to either Denver CO or Albuquerque NM this month or early June.

Shoot me an email if interested.

• #322470 Reply
        Dana Scioli

I can drive your car now. In Boulder/ Denver Colorado.

Price reasonable.

Dana Scioli

• #320641 Reply
        Vanest

Hi, Aleticia.
        Website http://www.efravel.com lists drivers available. If you don’t find a driver, you can list the trip (it’s free to list and become member) until you find a driver. Only serious inquiries will reach out due to $3 connect fee (after that no charge). Best of luck!

• #319387 Reply
        Dan Altman

Please email if you are still looking for a quote.
        Tks.

• #319507 Reply
        Ron

From what city will the vehicle be picked up from??

• #319197 Reply
        Dan Altman

Hi Alecticia….have you found your “transporter” yet? Love to provide you a quote if you need one.
        Tks
        Dan
        check my website/blog: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com

• #318136 Reply
    Yahel

Hello, my name is Yahel and I am 32 with a spotless driving record. I am currently traveling in the US with my partner and we are looking to drive someone’s car from the east coast to the west coast or the other way around. We are pretty flexible n terms of dates(we could start the drive towards the end of May) and flexible in terms of starting location as well. Please contact me if you are interested in you need your car transported. My email is [email protected]

• #317811 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Hi. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I can drive any vehicle up to and including 26′ rental trucks. I have been doing this since I retired in 2011. On Saturday I just added another vehicle to the list of vehicles I have driven. On Tuesday April 30th I flew from San Diego, where I live to Bloomington, IL to pickup a 2022 Ford F-150 Platinum Lightning and for those who don’t what this vehicle is, it is an Electric vehicle. To drive this cross country you have to make stops each day at charging stations which add hours to my trip and yours if you were to drive an electrical vehicle cross country. As I said I have been driving cross country since 2012 and I have been charging the same price $10.00 an hour plus expenses. My email is [email protected], my cell is 619-993-6577.
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #318200 Reply
      Andrea Hawkins

Hi everyone! We are looking for a non-professional driver to drive our 2016 Rav4 from Portland to New Haven this month. Please let me know if you are interested and what you charges are. My email is [email protected]
      Thanks!
      Andrea

• #317653 Reply
    Dan Altman

Hi All! Just completed another couple of trips. Business is going. If you are in need of
    vehicle relcoation services, feel free to give me a shout out.
    I have been in business over 9 years.
    I carry insurance.
    Incident free.
    Completed nearly 200 trips.
    I do private moves or Fleet vehicles (up to DOT size, no larger)
    Home based out of Atlanta Georgia area.
    Just a retired military guy, making a little extra money.
    Review my blog/website please:

• #319402 Reply
      Chandra

Looking for someone to drive my 2019 Subaru outback, from NW Ohio to Mesa AZ, late June early July. email me if interested [email protected]

• #317348 Reply
    Joseph O’Brien

Hello!

I’m a graduating senior located in Providence Rhode Island (hour south of Boston) who will be headed to the west coast late May/early June along with a fellow student. We would love to partner with anyone needing a car driven from the northeast to the west coast!

We are both experienced drivers with no record and special skills of in-car-snacking without making even a single crumb! Please contact [email protected] and find my LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-o-23b8b3140) for confirmation I’m real!

Kindly,
    Joseph

• #316892 Reply
    Caroline Adams

I am looking to drive from New England/NY area to California at the end of May 2024. I am graduating from college and need to take my things back to CA and think this would be a super fun way to do that!

Let me know if you are interested 🙂

• #317203 Reply
      Caroline Adams

Or if someone is interested in driving my car from Bay Area to NYC in early June, let me know! It is a 2020 Subaru Outback.

• #318134 Reply
        Yahel

Hi Caroline,
        I would be glad to drive your car from the west coast to NYC. I am currently traveling with my partner we wish to do a cross country ride. Let me know if you’d like to hear some more information about us.

• #317651 Reply
        Dan Altman

Hi Caroline. I would be glad to provide you quote if you are still looking.
        Please review my website/Blog. I have been relocating vehicles for companies and people (as a business) for more than 9 years, incident free.
        Tks
        Dan
        [email protected]

• #319298 Reply
          Chandra

Looking for a quote to drive a 2019 Subaru outback from NW Ohio to Mesa AZ leaving end of June.

Thanks

• #317431 Reply
        Grace C

Hi Caroline! I would be able to do this in early/mid July if then would work for you! Let me know if that timing might work and we can chat 🙂 thanks!

• #320564 Reply
          Greg

We are looking to have our car driven from Los Angeles to NYC area beginning in mid July. If you are a non-professional driver looking for a car to drive please reach out to discuss. [email protected]

• #316574 Reply
    JD

I need someone to drive my 2009 Prius from the Bay Area, California to near Hartford. CT this Summer. Please contact me [email protected] if you are interested and let me know what your rates are, when and how long you would need, and your driving experience.

• #317193 Reply
      Daniel Ortiz

Hi JD, is this the correct email to respond to?

• #316271 Reply
    Steven Lee

Please email me if you need to get your car from the Bay Area to NYC at the end of August/early September. My wife and I are in our early sixties with perfect driving records; we will have our small dog with us and take 5-7 days. We’ll cover all expenses, including gas. We’d only take a late model, (mostly) empty car in excellent condition. My email is [email protected]. Steve

• #316573 Reply
      JD

Hi there, I am looking for someone to drive my 2009 Prius across country from the Bay Area to Connecticut this Summer. Car is in great condition, is that too old for you?
      JD

• #316147 Reply
    Rachel

I’m looking for someone to drive my 2021 Toyota Corolla from Cleveland, Ohio to Portland, Oregon. The pickup would be between May 16-20 and I would need the car in Oregon by May 31st. Please reach out if this would be of interest to you. My email is [email protected].
    Thanks,
    Rachel

• #316270 Reply
      Chris Meyers

I have driven over 40 cross country trips as an RV transporter. I am a retired teacher and love traveling. If you are looking for someone to drive your vehicle across the country, I would be happy to assist you in that. I have an excellent driving record and can provide references. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or (503)754-0454.

• #315970 Reply
    Dan Altman

Completed a fun, challanging 2200 mile drive recently. Don’t hesitate
    to contact me if you are in need of a vehicle driver.
    Insured. Impeccable record. Over 170 relocations completed. Incident free.
    You have nothing to lose by contacting me.
    Thanks
    Dan
    http://www.danstravelsandtipscom
    [email protected]

• #315703 Reply
    Jaynie Hylton

Good morning, just wanted to leave a review of my recent trip with Dan Altman. Dan drove me and my dog in my conversion van to a family reunion and solar eclipse viewing, a round trip of more than 2,000 miles.

Besides being a safe and affordable trip, the bonus is that Dan is a dog lover and my special needs dog bonded with Dan immediately. At each stop, Dan assisted with getting my dog in and out of the van and took the dog for short walks which provided me with the opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenery. I’ve included Dan’s website where he will post a trip report. I’m thinking Dan will be doing more of these types of trips in the future as there is a great need for those of us who want to travel with their animals but who need assistance in doing so.

Home

• #315951 Reply
      Dannielle

I need someone to drive a moving truck hauling my car from Florida to Colorado. If interested please email me [email protected]

• #315632 Reply
    Teghan B.

I’m looking for someone who is available to drive my car from Denver, CO to Brooklyn, NY, arriving on May 11th. You must have a clean driving record & experience with long drives. Please reach out to me at [email protected] if you are interested!

• #315197 Reply
    Diana

Looking for someone to drive my car (and stuff-there could be room for some of your stuff, too) around June 1, 2024 from Eugene, OR,to the Pittsburgh, PA area. Not looking for professional driving service at this time, as I’m hoping that someone looking to go one way finds this mutually beneficial (like a college student who lives in Pittsburgh, but wants a road trip or something, or needs to transport something hard to bring on a plane). I am open to negotiating compensation that work for both of us.

• #318135 Reply
      Yahel

Hi Diana,
      I’m not sure if this is still relevent but my partn and I are curently traveling in the US and are looking for a way to do a trip from the west coast to the east coast or the other way around. let me know if yoy are still looking for a driver and I can send you
      some mlre info about us.

• #315392 Reply
      Dan Altman

HI Diana…if you are still in need, let me know.
      I would be glad to provide you a quote.
      Check my website..get a little backround on me: http://www.danstravelsandtips.com
      Thanks.

Viewing 1,042 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #236586 in Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information:

Cancel