Suggestions for 2200 miles Trip from Houston,TX (US) to Edmonton,AB (CA) or any - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Suggestions for 2200 miles Trip from Houston,TX (US) to Edmonton,AB (CA) or any

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    PARAS PATEL

Hello All,

Post is lengthy but I want to explain my thoughts in detail. Any input is appreciated.

I am moving ALONE from Houston, TX (USA) to Edmonton, AB (CA) in March 2nd week. The distance is around 2250 miles. I have a car (2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with 1000 lbs load capacity) and around 220-250 lbs luggage.

I will drive the car myself and plan it a 3 days journey ( 750 miles/day, 12.5 hours daily drive considering 60 mph). I will load around 150 lbs in car and ship the rest items. PLEASE NOTE: I have never drove more than 200 miles in a single stretch. But I have prepared my mindset to drive 2200 miles if required, because I knew 8 months ago regarding this move. I never rash drive and will go around 60-70 mph. For driving, I have 2 routes,
    Route A: Texas-Colorado-Wyoming-Montana-Alberta (2282 miles, 1 day 11 hours)
    Route B: Texas-Kansas-South Dakota-North Dakota-Saskatchewan-Alberta (2196 miles, 1 day 11 hours)

My queries are, (Please consider any of such long road trips to advise me, start and end location may vary, but basics are same….)
    1. Is it good to drive myself alone for this trip in March?
    2. If I drive, I prefer route B due to the geography of route A (its high altitude) as car will be loaded with around 150 lbs luggage. I don’t know how the road are in any routes and any plans for any breakdown on the way. Advise me with anything related to roads, geography, luggage load (should I decrease or can I increase). Should I opt for route A?
    3. Currently I am using conventional oil, but will change to synthetic oil before leaving and will to filter change and regular service maintenance. Any advice on preparing car and important tools to carry.

Thanks for bearing with this post.

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Suggestions for 2200 miles Trip from Houston,TX (US) to Edmonton,AB (CA) or any
Your information: