It used to be that grandparents steered family vacations to resorts with golf courses, but today, children may be as comfortable on the greens as they are in a baseball diamond. Golf is the new sport that transcends age, and the destinations and resorts found below are great places to enjoy the sport and up your game.
Our reviews of the top family vacation destinations and trip ideas organized by keywords (Italy, Caribbean, teens, etc) and topic (snowsports, spa, etc) to make your research easier.
- Where do southern California families go for spa, fresh air and fun kids' activities with little fuss? Ojai. Shangri-La would not be too grand a name for the classic Southern California resort that continues to lure upscale families from Palm Springs to Bevery Hills seeking a poshly rustic getaway...Tags:
- Pick the best hotel for your family so you can explore the luscious history and tropical sunny weather of one of the world's most beautiful islands. The Dominican Republic offers a top value Caribbean beach getaway marked by rich cultural influences that create a distinctive and fascinating history...Tags:
- At the TMS Family Travel conference held on Amelia Island, I experienced how one man’s passion for the culinary arts can convey an aura of wellness over an entire resort. That passion belongs to executive chef Daven Wardynski, who has led the culinary team at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort...Tags:
- The fabulous Casa de Campo resort in La Romana, Dominican Republic, has extensive amenities and activities for multi-generational travelers. In fact, as my family discovered, there's more than anyone can do on a single beach vacation. That's a big change from the resort's days as a playground for...Tags:
- The proverb “Necessity is the mother of invention” came to my mind when I met Chitra Stern, the founder, along with her husband, Roman, of the Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts in Portugal. As the parents of four children, they know just how important family vacations are, and they know exactly...Tags:
- Los Cabos sits at the southernmost tip of Baja California, offering dramatic vistas of stunning shores and Land’s End. No wonder it’s one of Mexico’s top tourist destinations, with accommodations to suit every style and budget. Visitors are enticed here courtesy of its magnificent natural resources...Tags:
- Are you among the majority of Americans who say they didn't take a vacation at all in the past year? Does that make you happy? The US Travel Association reported 9 out of 10 Americans say their happiest memories come from vacation, so what are you waiting for? Our latest e-guidebook, America’s...Tags:
- Both inland, and along the dramatic coast of the English Channel, the countryside of South West England is picturesque, quaint, historic and full of delightful sights and quintessentially British people. Here, you are not far from the region of England that is home to Highclere Castle (or as many...Tags:
- Summer vacation is the time to reconnect and relax with family, to recreate favorite childhood memories and make news ones together. Do you see the family lying on a beach or around a resort pool, hiking mountain trails, learning history from a national park ranger, exploring a new city, being...Tags:
- Keswick Hall and Golf Club is a historic hunt country estate that caters to tastefully upscale families seeking civilized rural getaways and scenic drives. Picture combining a century-old, Tuscan-style villa with the land Thomas Jefferson called the “Eden of the United States” and what do you get?...Tags: