Dreaming of doing Europe with the kids? The following winners of FTF’s “Top 10 Getaways” awards are the most accommodating family hotels in Europe’s major cities and rural resorts.
Family Travel Forum’s Top 10 European getaways for families have been compiled from our annual awards over the past 11 years. These hotels and resorts provide opportunities for a family-friendly European experience at all price points, ensuring facilities, bedding, and services to suit families of four or more and travelers of all ages.
More detailed information on each of these establishments is available by searching FamilyTravelForum.com or using the link embedded in the establishment’s name.
1) The Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments, London, England – Check into a family “flat,” and you’ll have lots space to spread out and cook in; family amenities include toys, DVDs and even nappies. Babysitting is arranged through a British nanny service.
2) Center Parcs Villages (focus on Les Hauts de Bruyeres, France) – We love this fully-stocked cottage concept which gives travelers some rural downtime (waterpark included) between urban sightseeing.
3) Club Meds of Europe – The all-inclusive pioneers have several kid-friendly sun and snow villages in Europe’s top resort areas.
4) Club Valtur (focus on Pila, Italy) – Like Club Med with an Italian twist, families swoon for the cuisine and welcoming staff at these all-inclusive resorts.
5) Eurocamp, Europe – With choices from $6 per night kids’ tents to furnished cottages and waterparks, these glamorous parks outside major cities and in resort areas are a steal.
6) Evian Royal Resort, Evian-les-Bains, France – Service, service, service at this lavish resort where great golf, gourmet food and a world-class spa please parents, while kids ages 2 to 16 have an extensive playhouse with every imaginable activity.
7) The Grove, England – A countryside sister resort to London’s posh Athenaeum Hotel, this estate property caters to babies in real British style.
8) Luxury Family Hotels, England – A group of four cozy properties throughout the English countryside, with roomy suites and connecting rooms, offering gourmet meals, afternoon tea, spa treatments and free nanny and childcare.
9) Premier Inn, Europe – This group blankets the U.K. with family rooms for just US$75 per night, and a cheap breakfast option, making Britain super affordable.
10) Martinhal Family Resorts, Portugal – At four chic and picturesque resorts in and near Lisbon and on the Algarve, stylish accommodations and innovative children’s facilities have been designed specifically with families in mind.
Photos Courtesy of jumeirah.com, hotel-aramis.com, and London Museum.
This story was accurate when it was published. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question, and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.