Advice needed for Spain - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums Europe Family Travel Forum Advice needed for Spain

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Henry Clark

Hey Henry,

I’d recommend Parc de la Ciutadella. It’s a lovely urban park where you can go for a stroll along the lake and have a picnic away from the busier areas. Montjuïc is also beautiful to wander around.

Some places off the main tourist trail include El Born neighborhood, cute taps com shops and squares. Also check out Park Güell at sunset when it’s less packed. The gardens at Palau de Pedralbes are gorgeous for relaxing. A bit outside the city, you two might enjoy Sarrià – it’s a charming village with nice shops and cafes. You might want to check out their official tourism site for more infor https://www.spain.info/en/destination/barcelona/ and this guidebook https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-barcelona-statistics-2024-your-in-depth-travel-guide-5731 This will give you more insight.

Hope you both have a wonderful trip! Let me know if any other Barcelona tips would be helpful as you plan your itinerary.

• #327249 Reply
    Joe morgan

Thanks, MFT. I have checked the article. Someone told me to visit Parc guell early in the morning. Let’s see. I have to finalize the itinerary.

• #326885 Reply
    MFT
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

We have two posts about Barcelona that may be helpful. It’s hard to avoid the crowds in such a popular and romantic city, especially in Summer, but there are so many cozy bars in the Old Town, and high vistas like from the Montjuic Funicular that you’ll feel like you’re in a world of your own.
    We also love the whimsical Gaudi buildings. If you go to La Pedrera or Casa Battlo early in the day (before cruise passengeres disembark) there will be many fewer people. Have a wonderful time:
    Barcelona With Teens
    Barcelona, Spain Top Family Attractions

• #326746 Reply
    Joe morgan

I am travelling to Barcelona with Fiance next month. Does anybody know where can we enjoy some peaceful time together? Also suggest some local less touristy attractions. TIA

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Advice needed for Spain
Your information: