If you’re going to visit the historic Polish city of Cracow (also written Krakow), here’s the short list of the top attractions that families should visit.
– Tour Auschwitz – full daytrip about 1 hour outside the city
– Walk through lanes of Stare Miasto, the Old Town
– Learn about Jewish Heritage at the Center for Jewish Culture- 17 Rabina Meiselsa St.
– See old Jewish quarter, Kazimierez, where 40,000 residents lost their lives in the Holocaust (The Spielberg film “Schindler’s List” was filmed here.)
– Old Royal Capital – Main market square, small palaces and homes that face the historic Cloth Hall
– Explore the Vistula River, either walk along its banks, take a sightseeing cruise or rent a bike and see more of the town
– Castle of Polish Kings on Wawel Hill, as well as the Cathedral
– Take tour of 700-year-old salt mines at Wieliczka
– Ethnographic Park at Zubryzyca Gorna
– Rynek Glowny – This is a huge, walkable plaza in the heart of the city with many cafes. Listen out for a trumpet signal that’s played on the hour to commemorate a trumpeter killed by a Tatar arrow in 1241.
For more information, visit the site of Cracow Tourist Info
Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.