Best way to get from Barcelona to Sintra with a 2yo - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums Europe Family Travel Forum Best way to get from Barcelona to Sintra with a 2yo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Dana Ryffel

Hello, everybody! I would really need your help on the best way to get from Barcelona to Sintra with a 2 yo. 
    On the 30th March my husband, our daughter and I are flying into Barcelona from Romania and we will have a 32 kilos luggage. Our final destination is Sintra on the 1st of April. The first night we are spending at a friend’s place in Tarragona and then we need to move on towards Sintra.
    1. First we considered flying to Lisbon since we have our 2 yo with us, but we realized our luggage doesn’t match the requirements of the companies that fly directly from Barcelona to Lisbon. They ask for a 15 kilo luggage and dividing the 32 kilos into 2 luggages would still cost a lot per person not mentioning the extra weight of a second luggage. 

2. Then we looked at an overnight train from Barcelona to Lisbon but we just realized that line is temporarily suspended and now we are left wondering how we should proceed and this is why I’m writing to you. 

Should we maybe divide the trip into 2 days and stay overnight the 31st March in Madrid or another city? Where would you recommend? Should we try some other ways of getting to Sintra/Lisbon? Do you have any ideas? Please bear in mind we have our 2 yo with us so we are trying to not make our trips too long. 

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Best way to get from Barcelona to Sintra with a 2yo
Your information: