Hiring a driver vs. ridesharing - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Hiring a driver vs. ridesharing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Karen

This is definitely a professional service that should involve a written contract between the two parties.

• #185067 Reply
    Paul

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some previous experiences as I have done both as I work on both sides of the coast. Be very careful in who you choose to drive your vehicle. I have had my vehicle returned in not-so-good shape and a day or two late with ridesharing. Car was messy and just felt the car was not handled well and one occasion was returned later than would have liked. I have had one other experience with this and had no issues. On the other end of the spectrum, I have also paid someone to drive my car due to time restraints. I find this to be better for me. Another time the vehicle was returned quite clean and I felt a little more at ease. But, one time I paid a couple to drive, and the vehicle was returned with no issues but was two days late because of “traveling”. Severe miscommunication that won’t happen again. My point is to be cautious. There are honest people out there who will drive your car just make sure you check them out.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Hiring a driver vs. ridesharing
Your information: