Need help laying out a road trip including three nights of lodging. - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need help laying out a road trip including three nights of lodging.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Calvin Murphy

FYI, AAA members know about the “TripTik”, for travel planning, if you go to this link, and are not even an AAA member, you should be able to use the “TripTik” app. Now, if the link asks for your zip code, just put in 90001 for L.A. and you should get to this link. Also, if you are a member of AAA, then your local District Office should be able to plan the trip for you and may be able to print you out a map book for your drive.

https://triptik.aaa.com/home/index.html

I hope you have a safe and joyous trip!

• #211727 Reply
    JD

Hi Tom,

If you change your mind and need a driver I would be happy to discuss this drive. Just contact me at my email address below.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #211511 Reply
    Anastasia Frolova

It depends on which country you are going to. If I were you, I would look for useful information about hotels on Booking or Airbnb. And if you are going to go to the UK, then study this blog https://thecitizenseven.com/blog. Here are collected lifehacks and useful tips for traveling

• #211226 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

1st day drive to Louisville, KY on I-65 290 miles
    2nd day drive to Athens, TENN I-75 301 miles
    3rd day drive to Tifton< GA I-75 341 miles
    4th day drive to Tampa FL I-75 276 to destination
    For places to stop for the night check with AAA for discounts and have them make reservations
    Make sure you have tire chains
    Myself if I was traveling from your starting an ending point plus I am a 75 year old senior I would fly. I would rent a car and leave my car at home. In your post you indicated that you had no plans for sightseeing on your trip to Tampa so no reason to drive your car to Tampa and having to deal with winter weather. You are going to have temps in the 10 to 30+ degrees all the way to the Florida state line. I just drove a car from Arlington Heights, IL to Hallandale Beach FL from 11/16 to 11/18. I was hired to drive the car. Flying to Tampa is less than a three hour flight from Chicago. It’s also less than $200.00 one way. You save on meals, fuel, less chance of accidents due to weather.

• #210777 Reply
    Tom McCort

We are an elderly couple planning to drive from Bridgman, Michigan — which is in the greater South Bend, Indiana area — to Tampa, Florida in late January. We know the distance is roughly 1200 miles and we want to take our time and drive only about 300 miles per day. This will require three nights of lodging. We are looking for a person or a service that can lay out the best route and reccomend safe and reasonably-priced lodgin for this trip.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Need help laying out a road trip including three nights of lodging.
Your information: