Travel Companion - My Family Travels
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Cal

I’m available to assist you.

I AM BASED IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY AND I DO NOT SUPPLY A VEHICLE.

Hello, I’m Cal, I’m retired, and have been a long-haul trucker. That means I spent weeks or months at a time on the road. I can handle almost any vehicle, as well as how to handle any kind of road or situation that comes up.

I buy my own food and beverages, pack light, and I don’t drink or do illegal drugs. I respect your privacy if you want to seal your vehicle for privacy. I can pair you up to my Waze account so you can track me as I go. I ALWAYS DRIVE ALONE, but in your case I would be happy to be your copilot. If you would like a quote, I would need more information, like how far do you plan to go into Canada. What city are you leaving from, and what U.S.city would be your crossing point into Canada. With that information I can give you a basic idea of the costs associated with this sort of endeavor. I charge $12/hr while driving, and expect any associated travel costs to get me home to also be covered. I try to fly the lowest cost airline, Southwest, mostly because my two back can fly free going both ways.

There are details to discuss, like costs, expectations, roadside assistance coverage, etc, that we can discuss when the time is right. There are also others seeking similar arrangements which could work to bring costs into a different light. I’m about helping others out. You get what you need to be moved taken care of by an experienced person at a heavily discounted price, and I get to keep busy during my retirement while putting some scratch in my pocket and getting away from the balls and chains of life. Oh, during late autumn, as a trusted community member, I play Santa! So, let’s talk about YOUR needs!

• #184773 Reply
    Cal

Hello, I’m Cal, and would I have to go INTO Canada with you? I have no passport. What U.S. city would be your last before the border?

I’m retired and have been a long-haul trucker. That means I spent weeks or months at a time on the road. I can handle almost any vehicle, as well as how to handle any kind of road or situation that comes up.

I buy my own food and beverages, pack light, and I don’t drink or do illegal drugs. I respect your privacy if you want to seal your vehicle for privacy. I can pair you up to my Waze account so you can track me as I go.

There are details to discuss, like costs, expectations, roadside assistance coverage, etc, that we can discuss when the time is right.

I’m about helping others out. You get what you need to be moved taken care of by an experienced person at a heavily discounted price, and I get to keep busy during my retirement while putting some scratch in my pocket and getting away from the balls and chains of life. Oh, during late autumn, as a trusted community member, I play Santa!

Let’s talk about YOUR needs!

• #183743 Reply
    Paula Langley

Some time in the fall I will be driving from Tennessee to Canada in my old car with my dog. I am moving back to Southern Ontario.

I am terrified of doing this alone.

Would love to find a driving companion.

Would be interested in knowing costs associated with it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Travel Companion
Your information: