* Home Page › Forums › Asia and Africa Family Travel Forum › Traveling to Myanmar
- This topic is empty.
If there is someone here who is planning to travel to Myanmar soon, I would like to tell them a couple of things:
1. Since 2014, American visitors can apply online for a Myanmar visa for US nationals ( ) without going to an embassy or consulate.
2. The application process for the Myanmar e-Visa is simple and fast (about 20 minutes) and is usually granted in a maximum of 3 business days (with exceptions).
3. There are two types of electronic visas available for short-terms: tourist visa (valid for 90 days for stays that do not exceed 28 days) and business visa (stays of maximum 70 consecutive days).
4. Lastly, I would like to remind you that the Myanmar visa is only available to enter through 8 ports of entry (3 Myanmar airports, 3 land borders between Myanmar and Thailand, 2 land borders between Myanmar and India). They are as follows:
Yangon International Airport
Mandalay International Airport
NAy Pyi Taw International Airport
Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
Tachileik land border checkpoint
Tamu land border checkpoint
Rikhawdar Land Border Checkpoint
Important: the Myanmar visa for Americans does not allow visits to restricted areas within the country.