trip to youngstown, ohio - My Family Travels

Last week my family and I embarked on one of the most single important trips that I would ever take in high school; A college visit! We were going to visit Youngstown State University in Youngstown, OH. My mother and I had made plans for this visit about two weeks before the time of departure. I was pretty excited about going because I was eager to experience the college atmosphere first-hand. 

I longed to see the campus and all of the buildings. I spread the word ,that I was leaving, way before the day came for my faily and I to leave. I told all of my friends through my e-mail and Myspace accounts.

I told my youth leader at my church. I juss could’nt wait for the day to come. The night before we left I stayed up all night in anticipation.

Since my I live in Maryland and the college campus is in Ohio we had a six to seven hour drive ahead of us. So i diligently packed clothes for my little brother and myself, not forgetting our toothbrushes and other essentials. Then I took it upon myself to look up the directions to the college on my laptop.

The good news is I found the directions, But the bad news was that I could not print them out because of an connection error between my laptop and my printer. So I, being the responsible young man that I am, took some initiative and ended up hand writing all of the directions form my house to the college campus in Ohio. I spent the rest of that night watchin television and text messaging my closest friends.

At around four thirty in the morning I heard an alarm clock going off down the hall, and about five minutes later my mom came out of her room to wake up my little brother and I. Since our, my brother and mine, clothes were already packed we anxciously waited for our parents to be ready. To my surprise they were prepared to leave within a matter of minutes.

All that was left to do was to prepare the snacks and the cooler. We ended up leaving the house about five thirty that morning. First, we stopped to get gas before leaving the county and getting on the main interstate.

Much to my dismay my mother entered the address for the school into our G.P.S. device that we have in our vehicle. Next, we stopped to get something to eat for breakfast at a local McDonald’s.

We ate, we drank (orange juice and milk of course) and we were merry!! Then we were finally able to embark on this exciting trip. My dad drove the whole way to the University on about three hours of sleep, so he was pretty tired and irritable as you might suspect.

Meanwhile my mom, brother, and I slept for most of the ride. I remember waking up just about ten minutes before arrival to the campus. We finally made it to Y.S.U. The excitement built up inside of me, we were finally here!! With all of the emotion and anticipation building up inside of me I was almost prepared to scream!!

Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.

Comment on this article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.