My Trip to Mexico - My Family Travels

When I was younger my family and a friend’s family took a trip to a trip to Acapulco, Mexico. We had to get on three planes in order to get there. I was so excited because on one of the planes I got my own set of headphones to listen to the radio with.

            Of course, the excitement of the headphones started to wear off as it became apparent that I get motion sick on planes. Finally, after what felt like days on planes, we arrived at the airport in Mexico. It was a hassle trying to get everyone’s luggage and trying to keep small kids from wanting to run everywhere. Eventually, we had rounded everyone up and loaded into a van taxi that was taking us to our hotel on the beach.
            We arrive at this humongous hotel and start the unloading of the luggage from the van taxi. We made our way inside the hotel and waddle up to the check in desk looking very jet lagged and tired. It took about another twenty minutes just to check in. At this point the kids are so tired they are lying down in the floor in the middle of the hotel lobby. They finally gave us our two keys to the conjoining suites that we had reserved.
            Once again, we pick up our luggage and waddle to the elevator, where we waited till the buzzer dinged for the 18th floor. Once we had reached the floor we unloaded from the elevator, we had to walk to the very end of the hallway where our rooms were located.
            Finally, we are in our rooms and we are so tired that we all just decide to go to bed for the night, even though it was only 5 in the afternoon. We all awoke the next day refreshed and ready to see what Mexico had to offer us. Of course, all the little kids wanted to go straight to the beach, so that’s what we did. We spent all day at the beach, right up until it was dinner time. We ate at the hotel restaurant called La Cocina, or translated in English, The Kitchen.
            We went to bed that night around ten. We woke up on day three in Mexico at around 8:30 in the morning. We ordered breakfast in from room service and then it was off to see the sites. That day we saw Mayan, Incan, and Aztec ruins along with burial sites of their emperors. It was really an amazing thing. That night my brother drank some of the water and got sick for the rest of the night.
The next day which was our last full day in Mexico, we went out on a boat. We got to snorkel, swim, and dive deep into the clear blue water. The ocean was so beautiful and the water was the perfect temperature. After the boat ride we went back to the hotel and began packing for our journey home.
We woke up that morning and immediately headed off for the airport. We got on the first plane and everybody seemed to be in a bad mood. None of us wanted to leave Mexico, so we all just sat there sulking. Finally, after a terrible 24 hour plane ride, we were back in America. We all missed Mexico, but in a way we were all glad to be home.

Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.

Comment on this article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.