My Life Changing Story - My Family Travels


The year in 2009 was a great experience but also a big change in my life. In June 2009, I was 14 years old and I am originally from California.  When we went to Texas to go take care of my grandma and uncle, and we did it for the whole month until the last days of june I felt so sick, it was not normal. On the day June 23rd was when I experienced my worse experience ever. I did not eat or drink anything only water. That night, it was around 10 when my stomach hurt so bad and was so hot from all the heat but I then got cold, while that happened I was shaking so much it did not help at all. My mom and my sister’s boyfriend Ruben took me to the hospital there in Rio Grande, Texas. They took me to the Emergency room; we had to at least wait 15 min for them to bring me in an actual room. They gave me 2 shots and 3 samples of blood for testing. That night I had really high fevers too and they gave me a big bag of water to cool down. Later that night, they came and checked to see what was wrong with my stomach and when they pushed down on it hurt really bad every time. So when they came with the results, it was already 11 p.m. and they told us it was just a stomach virus and would go away in 3 or 4 days. My mom and I really believed it was going to go away but it never really was true…

Later passed 10 days and I still felt sick. I was so sick I was throwing up, going to the restroom every 10 minutes, really high fevers and everything you could think of. July 3rd came and I specifically told my mom "I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL JUST GET ME TO ONE NOW.” Once he got here, he took me to the Emergency room again and this time it was different. My temperature was at least 103 and I was not able to pass any pills down my throat because I was too sick from throwing up. They gave me a suppository for my fever. After that, they made more blood tests but nothing showed up. They took X-rays, but they also couldn't see anything clear enough because there were too much liquid in my stomach. Then a doctor called Dr. Marango decided I needed surgery and the best was to send me to McAllen, TX. It was a bigger hospital, better specialists, and also a surgeon. The surgeons name was Dr. Jennifer Garza, she answered some of our questions and explained the problem which was when she thought it was the appendix and It was actually my small intestine. She told my parents that it was inflammated and was larger than normal; she had never seen anything like it before, it was like something had exploded in my stomach. She also told me parents that she was shocked because I am still alive. The poisonous in my stomach was already spreading but by the Grace of God, I am still alive today. 

Later that day, I turned out to be fine and recovered to see my stomach normal but not quite normal either. I had my stoma out and that is where the poop comes out and it was not quite comfortable to see. I also had a tube threw my nose, it was a tube that was cleaning out my stomach but I also had an IV pack on my arm. It was an IV for the antibiotics and the protein or "food" they were giving me. When I saw this on me, I knew this wasn't me and this was going to change my life forever, but I knew God did all this for a purpose and I know he has a plan for my life and I'm going to achieve that goal. I was in ICU for the rest of the days. I found out that I had a disease which is called "Crohn's Disease". It is a disease that is swelling and irritation of the digestive tract. It is a form of "Inflammatory bowel disease" (IBD). It’s often found in the intestines it has no cure, but the symptoms can be treated. This was when I knew my life was going to change but for a purpose, because I know God has something planned for my life. While these days passed, I was very depressed but I was glad I had lots of family to help me… and God was there to help me out. He told me inside that this was going to be a great testimony for my life when I grow up and I had to share it now. He lifted me up and made me and my family happy with a great recovery and a miracle in me.

After all what happen, my mom started talking to me about my big testimony that I have to share to other kids about in the future. What came to me was that this experience was such a great experience in life that I could teach to other kids about what to eat right and stay healthy and how God gave me this miracle. Now I know what to know in life and to teach to other children. I thank God for what he has done and what he had already did; He blessed my life so much.

Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.

1 Reply to “My Life Changing Story”

Comment on this article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.