Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

• This topic has 1,893 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Caroline Adams.
Viewing 1,029 reply threads
  • Author
    Morgan Giddings

Hi! I am looking for someone to drive my car from around Pittsburgh area to Seattle. Timing is flexible just need sometime in October. We’ll provide gas money. It’s a luxury vehicle, three years old. Will need perfect driving record, we have full insurance as well as AAA.

• #79735 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

This is what I post on Craigslist Rideshare San Diego;
      If you need a driver for your rental truck or your vehicle please read then contact me.

I am a driver for people that need there vehicle driven to their destination. I charge $10 an hour driving time. The driving time is determined by Google maps driving time and for example the driving time between San Diego and Sarasota was 35 hours and the driving cost was $350 and that is a flat rate. If the actual driving time is 40 hours the cost is still $350. You pay all expenses which include fuel, meals, motel, return plane ticket to San Diego and transportation to departure airport. I recently drove a Penske 26? truck from San Diego to Sarasota, FL. I departed at 2 am and drove to El Paso, Tx arriving approx 5 pm, I left at 2 am the next day and drove to Sulfur, LA arriving around 5 pm and again I left the next morning at 2 am arriving in Sarasota, FL around 9:30 pm. This is almost 2500 miles. I flew back to San Diego on the 4th day. The total expenses for the 4 day trip was $1808 for the meals, motel, plane ticket and fuel. The last night for the motel the person who I drove for paid for that night and the rental truck charge was on their card. I charge the expenses on my credit card and I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for mine. I ask you put the plane ticket on your card. So this is an estimate of what I can do for you if you need a moving truck driven cross country. The cost would be a lot less as the fuel use is a lot less. 500 mile minimum.
      My cell phone is 619-993-6577 my email is [email protected]
      I am available from Oct 15th on. I am trying to combine two possible trips back to back. Both are posted here on My Family Travels, yours and D Lopez above yours wanting his car to go from San Mateo to Mount Holly, NJ.What I am hoping to do is fly to San Mateo get his car, drive to Mount Holly fly to Pittsburgh, drive to Seattle fly home to San Diego. With two weeks before the 15th plus the travel time the plane tickets will be cheaper than if I had two fly cross country.
      The driving time from Pittsburgh to Seattle is 37 hours so my driving cost is $370 plus expenses.
      I can supply you with references, proof of insurance, copies of my driving record and drivers license.
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #79768 Reply
        andrea

I need a 2012 toyota corolla brought from seattle/portland to tampa fl avail oct 15th ish…

• #79732 Reply
    D Lopez

Hello everyone — I’m in need of someone who can drive my car cross-country from San Mateo, CA to Mount Holly, NJ. It’s a two-door Porsche Boxster 986. I’m in no rush, and the driver can take their time, stopping at landmarks along the way if they so choose, but this is also to say that I’d prefer to have the car driven by someone looking for a free coast-to-coast trip in a gorgeous and fun car rather than someone trying to make a living transporting cars. Please email me at dplopez at stanford dot edu if interested. Thanks!

• #79653 Reply
    Beth Geduld

I need someone to drive my 2018 SUBARU OUTBACK car from Gilford, New Hampshire to New Orleans this weekend.

• #79677 Reply
      Michael Mercier

Hi, I saw that you need you Subaru driven to NOLA. I am an experience safe driver.I live in NH and could do it for $10 an hour travel time using Google maps as a resource plus airfare for the return trip.

• #79668 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

If you need a driver for your rental truck or your vehicle please read then contact me.

I am a driver for people that need there vehicle driven to their destination. I charge $10 an hour driving time. The driving time is determined by Google maps driving time and for example the driving time between San Diego and Sarasota was 35 hours and the driving cost was $350 and that is a flat rate. If the actual driving time is 40 hours the cost is still $350. You pay all expenses which include fuel, meals, motel, return plane ticket to San Diego and transportation to departure airport. I recently drove a Penske 26? truck from San Diego to Sarasota, FL. I departed at 2 am and drove to El Paso, Tx arriving approx 5 pm, I left at 2 am the next day and drove to Sulfur, LA arriving around 5 pm and again I left the next morning at 2 am arriving in Sarasota, FL around 9:30 pm. This is almost 2500 miles. I flew back to San Diego on the 4th day. The total expenses for the 4 day trip was $1808 for the meals, motel, plane ticket and fuel. The last night for the motel the person who I drove for paid for that night and the rental truck charge was on their card. I charge the expenses on my credit card and I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for mine. I ask you put the plane ticket on your card. So this is an estimate of what I can do for you if you need a moving truck driven cross country. The cost would be a lot less as the fuel use is a lot less. 500 mile minimum.
      I can do this on Sept 26th at the earliest.
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #79476 Reply
    Sunny

I am looking to have my car driven from San Francisco or Los Angeles California to Chicago Illinois before Thanksgiving. Need to have at least 3 years of driving license and a clean driving record. Please email me at [email protected].

• #79475 Reply
    Sunny

I am looking for someone to drive my SUV from San Francisco or LA to Chicago.

• #79440 Reply
    Kristin Kroger

Looking for driver to drive a car from Frederick, CO to Sunrise, FL. Leaving Sept 8 or 9. If you are interested please email me.

• #79350 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

I am driving a vehicle to Islip New York from San Diego leaving on Sept 1st returning Sept 6th.I am looking for vehicle that needs to be driven back to the west coast preferred San Diego/LA area. I do have a return flight if I am unable to find a vehicle.
    I charge $10 an hour driving time. I use Google maps to figure the driving time. An example from San Diego to Islip, NY it is a 44 hour drive so my cost is $440 plus expenses.
    The expenses are: meals, motel, fuel, plane/bus tickets and $30 for my wife to pick me up on my return.
    I put meals at $40 per day but you only pay what is on the receipts and I have never gone over $40.
    Motels average $70 per night.
    I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane tickets. I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for mine.
    My cell is 619-993-6577, home 619-443-6537 email [email protected].
    I can supply you with references, proof of insurance and copies of my drivers license and driving record.
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #79348 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

I am driving a vehicle to Islip, New York arriving on Sept 6th. I am looking for vehicle that needs to be driven back to the west coast, preferred socal area mainly LA and south. However I can drive it anywhere but my final destination is San Diego, Ca.
    I charge $10 an hour driving time, an example for my driving time using google maps going from my home in Lakeside, Ca to Islip, NY is 44 tool free miles @ $10.00 an hour =$440.
    You pay for meals and I put that at $40 per day, however you only pay what is on the receipt.
    You pay for the fuel.
    You pay for motel nights, I usually stay at Motel 6 and it averages $70 per night.
    I will need a plane ticket if the area is past LA or another state.
    I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane ticket. I ask that you put the plane ticket on your credit card. I ask for two receipts for any purchases related to the trip, one for your records and one for mine.
    I can supply you with references, proof of insurance and copies of my drivers license and driving record. My cell is 619-993-6577, home 619-443-6537 and my email [email protected]
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #79053 Reply
    Kira

Hello! I am looking to have my car driven from the Bay Area in California to Cleveland, Ohio, anytime between August 12 and mid-September. Please contact me if you think you’re the right fit for this job! Thank you.

• #79061 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

I am a driver for people that need there vehicle driven to their destination. I charge $10 an hour driving time. The driving time is determined by Google maps driving time and for example the driving time between San Diego and Sarasota was 35 hours and the driving cost was $350 and that is a flat rate. If the actual driving time is 40 hours the cost is still $350. You pay all expenses which include fuel, meals, motel, return plane ticket to San Diego and transportation to departure airport. I recently drove a Penske 26′ truck from San Diego to Sarasota, FL. I departed at 2 am and drove to El Paso, Tx arriving approx 5 pm, I left at 2 am the next day and drove to Sulfur, LA arriving around 5 pm and again I left the next morning at 2 am arriving in Sarasota, FL around 9:30 pm. This is almost 2500 miles. I flew back to San Diego on the 4th day. The total expenses for the 4 day trip was $1808 for the meals, motel, plane ticket and fuel. The last night for the motel the person who I drove for paid for that night and the rental truck charge was on their card. I charge the expenses on my credit card and I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for mine. I ask you put the plane ticket on your card. So this is an estimate of what I can do for you if you need a moving truck driven cross country. The cost would be a lot less as the fuel use is a lot less. 500 mile minimum.
      Currently I am leaving tomorrow morning for Lafayette, IN returning Friday Aug 10th, then I am suppose to fly to San Francisco and pick up a vehicle and drive it to Victoria,TX leaving Sunday Aug 12th returning Aug 16th and I am free until sometime in September when I am suppose to have a vehicle going to New York and from New York to San Francisco. These last three trips have not been confirmed.
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #79040 Reply
    moni lewis

Hi,
    we are looking for a driver from Phoenix AZ to Tampa, FL anytime in August or September. Car is
    Buick Lucerne, 73,000 miles, 2006, front passenger seat is stuck and can not be used by a person. Everything else works fine. Willing to pay all gas or fee of $400. Insurance provided. Clean driving record and references please.
    If interested pls email.
    Katrin

• #79020 Reply
    Aaron

Driver willing to bring a car from the San Francisco Bay Area to the New York / Tri-State Area at the end of September / beginning of October. I’m a responsible driver with a clean record and lots of experience on the road. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have driver needs aligned with these dates and places. Thanks in advance!

• #78976 Reply
    Ash goldlist

Hi I am a student needing my car driven from San Francisco to Detroit or Toronto

I have a vw Passat 2014 40k Miles drives great,

Timing flexible I was just hoping to get it before snow fall hopefully September or October
    [email protected]
    Ideally someone who wants to sight see

• #78920 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

I am driving a Penske 15’and towing a car behind leaving on Aug 6th to Lafayette, IN from San Diego, CA. I am looking for a female passenger only. You must be able to contribute to cost of fuel and pay your own expenses. We can share the cost of motel rooms with two beds or you can get your own room. There is no sleeping in the truck at night. About me: I am 71, male, married 41+ years, no drugs period and I am not 420 friendly. My email is [email protected]. My cell is 619-993-6577.

• #78703 Reply
    Sean A.

Non-smoking law student and military veteran looking to drive your car from New York City or surrounding area to Seattle or surrounding area on July 27. I’ve done the cross-country drive multiple times. I’ll cover gas and all expenses, I just don’t want to have to pay for a rental car.

• #78692 Reply
    MFT Admin
    Keymaster

Hello all potential drivers, car owners and wannabe’ passengers!

Thanks to community member Mark Dougherty and the team at CNBC, here’s a great guide to understanding what it takes to have your car transported as well as the responsibility of transporting vehicles:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html

• #78661 Reply
    Philip Migliore

I am age 62, good driver,
    of any sort
    I live in New Hope, PA –BUCKS COUNTY
    have plenty of time on my hands will deliver car
    prety much anywhere US/Canada

• #78582 Reply
    Michael Murphy

Going to need a car driven from Florida (Cape Coral) to Oregon (Lincoln City) Near the end of the year possible beginning of 2019. 2017 Nissan Rogue as of now 4k miles. Driver will Need AAA insurance/ Auto club in case of emergencies. will pay 450 to cover gas.

• #108262 Reply
      Cathy Roberts

Hi there,

I’m trying to travel to FL and Back. Did you get your car moved? Maybe I could put to trips together and make it work :D.

• #78563 Reply
    Dan Shepherd

Looking to drive your car or truck from Seattle area to Philadephia area at the end of August. We are a responsible dad and daughter team headed out for college and we road trip together often. I drive a manual transmission every day, so a stick is no problem.

email: [email protected]

Best, Dan

• #77640 Reply
    sean

Hi,

I am willing to drive from LA to Chicago from Sep 1. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Thanks
    Sean

• #77098 Reply
    Wendy Thanassi

Hello,
    I am interested in having our car driven from the San Francisco area to New Haven, CT ASAP. Its a Honda Civic, not huge or new (2011) but is in perfect working order. It’s manual transmission.
    Please let me know if this interests you.

Wendy

• #78738 Reply
      Kenneth

Hi Wendy,
      My son & I are looking at driving to Massachusetts soon.
      If you still need your vehicle transported, please contact me and we can see if it is a good match.
      I am nearby in San Jose CA & can go to your destination in the greater New England area.
      Thank you,

Kenneth

[email protected]

• #77253 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

I charge $10 an hour driving time. It is a 48 hour drive from San Francisco to New Heaven CT.
      You pay all expenses which includes meals, motels, fuel, plane tickets to San Francisco from San Diego and return from near airport to delivery location plus $60 for my wife to drive me to the airport and pick me up on my return.
      I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane tickets, I ask that you put those on your credit card. I ask for two receipts, one for your records and one for mine. I can do this ASAP this week. I am booked from July 16 thru July 20 and from Aug 6 thru Aug 10. My cell is 619-993-6577. I can supply you with references, proof of insurance, copy of my driving record and drivers license. Again I can do ASAP and I can drive stick. My email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #76576 Reply
    James McCaskill

If you want to roam around Memphis and Shelby, then I will suggest you to book cab service for traveling. first research and hire the valuable cab service which will give you comfort and safety.

• #75939 Reply
    Corona

Looking for someone to drive my Ford F250 from Havasu City, AZ or Phoenix, AZ to either Austin, TX or Houston, TX. Must be able to drive a manual and must bring the truck during month of July. You can hook up a trailer/uhaul and tow what every you’d like along the trip. Truck has tow package. Willing to contribute $300 toward expenses.

• #77666 Reply
      sean

Wanting to do a drive from LA to Chicago first week of SEptember. If interested, please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks
      Sean

• #76031 Reply
    Chrisnjeanne

Reply to alfiesprout,

If you are still looking for cars to drive from CO to NH this August we may have one for you if you don’t mind going a bit out of your way to pick up the car. We are looking for someone to drive a Honda Civic hybrid from the Yellowstone area back to New England. Western MA specifically but NH would work for us.

We realize this is a good bit out of your way but thought Yellowstone might fit into your plan for a relaxed sightseeing trip back.

If interested email us at [email protected]

• #75342 Reply
    Maya Friedman

Hi there!

Looking for someone to take my car from New York to Los Angeles in August. My boyfriend and I will be moving to California for school and we’re already driving one of the cars. Anyone interested in driving the second car? Let me know and we can work something out!

Thanks,
    Maya

• #97362 Reply
      Troy Ozuna

@Maya Friedman

I will be arriving back from a sailing trip August 30th and need a car to get to the West Coast from NYC. I have a wedding to film on September 1st, belongings to pick up in Michigan, then it can be a straight shot to LA from there. Does this schedule work for you?

If so please email me at [email protected]

This also applies to anyone whose schedule lines up with mine.

Much love,
      Troy Ozuna

P.S. I have AAA, insurance, and never been in an accident. I also never speed after having driven around a 1985 van for 2 years that I didn’t bother to drive more than 5-10 under lol.

• #78662 Reply
      Philip Migliore

Philip Migliore
      6 eden Roc Village 2
      New Hope, PA 18938-2207
      215 862 0803
      [email protected]

I am age 62 This would be easy for me as I live close to NYC
      and can return to either Newark or Phila airports

• #75379 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

It is a 44 hour toll free drive from Ny, NY to Los Angeles, Ca. Southwest has flights starting from $177 on up. The $177 is from Newark. I charge $10 an hour driving time. My driving cost is $440. You pay all expenses which includes meals, fuel, motel, plane and bus tickets, $60 for my wife to take me to the airport pick me up on my return. There is also unforeseen expenses an example is if a tire blows out and I have to buy a new tire. I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane ticket. My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected].
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #75423 Reply
      Jaime Bowerman

Hi Maya,

I’m the Co-founder of a company that matches people who need to relocate their vehicle with responsible drivers going to that destination. We’ll be launching in the coming weeks! If you would like, check us out and we will do our best to find someone to drive your car to CA for you! Thanks Maya! Jaime
      http://relorides.com

• #112130 Reply
        Holly L

http://WWW.RELORIDE.COM ARE YOU STILL IN BUSINESS?

• #92807 Reply
        Michael McCartney

Jamie, I just read your reply to another person. I see you are beginning a site to match drivers with people needing to move their car(s). I am interested in this. I am especially looking to find a car to drive from the Aspen/Denver area of Colorado back to the NY/NJ area. I am driving my daughter there for the summer and looking to return without flying. Please contact me, [email protected] . I appreciate whatever help you can provide. Thanks, Michael

• #75051 Reply
    Nicole Kirkland

Hello travel friends!

I will be traveling to Dallas TX from the Western PA area if anyone needs their car transported! I just charge gas after taking the scenic route.

Leaving July 25. Email me if I can help you! 🙂 [email protected] (**not gmail, mail)

Nicole Kirkland
    about me: 29 years old; Traveling to TX for pharmacy school rotations. No accidents 🙂

Viewing 1,029 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #108754 in Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information:

Cancel