Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

• This topic has 1,893 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Caroline Adams.
Viewing 1,029 reply threads
  • Author
    Mike

Are you sure you want someone to take you and drive you cross the country? I’d rent a car in your place, here for example. I used to rent car here whilst being in Toronto and had minimum issues with taxes and fees. Try it

• #80504 Reply
    Corissa

Hi, I am looking for someone to drive my car from Indiana/Chicago to San Fransisco. I am flexible on timing.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

-Corissa

• #80353 Reply
    Russ Collins

Merrilee, still available? Have 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XI in Palo Alto that needs to be in Derry NH in a couple weeks (flexible!). Please respond to [email protected] if this might work – thanks!

• #80679 Reply
      Merrilee

Russ,

I am indeed available. Check your email, I just wrote. Apologies I didn’t get see this sooner!

Best,
      Merrilee

• #80360 Reply
    Trent

Hi Family Travel Forum,

I’m a 26 year old professional relocating to the San Francisco area.

I’m willing to drive someone’s vehicle from the North New Jersey / New York area to California (anywhere, no preference).

Please email me at [email protected] if you’re interested and would like to speak further.

• #80320 Reply
    Urrouba

Hi, i am looking for a drivers who would be willing to drive rented U-haul truck from San Jose, CA to Boston, MA.

Also any travellers who will be willing to drive truck from San Jose, CA to Boston, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Urrouba

[email protected]

• #80276 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Female Passenger Only
    I am flying from San Diego to Reno, NV on Nov 17. I will be arriving 11:55 am. I am picking up a vehicle in Yerington, NV and driving it to Asheville, NC. About me: male, 71, married, non-smoker NOT 420 FRIENDLY AND NO DRUGS PERIOD. You female prefer non-smoker, if you do smoke only at breaks, again NO DRUGS. We can share a two bed motel room or you can get your own room. This is a free ride. You just need to pay for anything you buy. Again Female passenger only. I am also looking for a ride from Reno Airport to Yerington, NV. My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected].

• #80258 Reply
    Jason Myers

I have a 2016 class A forest river Fr3 32ds motorhome, looking to see if someone wants to RV trip across country. Looking to have someone drive it from Lakeland Florida to St George Utah. (Near Las Vegas NV) within the next week or two. email me at [email protected] must have clean driving record, must be non smoker, non drinker, non drugs etc. must have experience driving big rigs this is 34 feet long weighs 20,500 lbs.

Before I fly out and drive it back myself, figured I’d look to see if someone happens to be ready to rent an RV anyway and wants to take this for free instead so it’s a win win. Thanks!

• #80199 Reply
    Justin

Hi Family Travel Forum,

I drive for uber and am interested in making longer trips, seeing the country.

I ask for $30/day and for you to cover gas, insurance, housing, and one-way transportation (if no rides back to the origin are available). Based in NYC area.

Deals for longer trips (cross-country)!

Contact me (contact info below) if you are interested!

Thanks,
    Justin

[email protected]
    609-779-2790

• #80156 Reply
    JJ

Looking for a driver from Denver area to Rochester NY area, for an empty hatchback car, no smoking.

Great opportunity for near Thanksgiving holiday travel.

• #80600 Reply
      Terry Holt

I can do it! Call me!

Terry Holt
      Owner/Driver
      http://www.henryarcher.org

• #80262 Reply
      Justin

My girlfriend and I are going to Rochester after Thanksgiving and can drive your car. We do not smoke and just want to see the country. Let’s chat!

• #80245 Reply
      Cesar Sanchez

I could help you with your hatchback. I’m going to Syracuse around Thanksgiving. Let’s talk,
      [email protected]

• #80074 Reply
    Mike

I have a small shuttle bus that needs to be driven from Yerington, NV to the Asheville, NC or surrounding (SC/TN) areas. Timing is flexible. If interested, please call Mike @ 407-399-3444

• #80037 Reply
    Ly

I travel between New York City and Miami nearly every week. Really bored with flying and love road trips. Let me help you drive or drive your car for you. I’m used to driving everything from compact cars (Smart Car) to luxury vehicles (Bentley’s to Range Rovers). I have had a clean driving record for over 25 years. If you want to include your pet, I love dogs and cats. Not so cool with other types of pets but willing to discuss.

I also have resources in auto transport companies if you prefer to ship your car rather than drive.
    Lets discuss. [email protected]

• #80019 Reply
    Dillon Galloway

I need someone to drive my Mazda 3 from Philly to Seattle, First week of next month.

• #80027 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Please read my posts above. I would be available Nov 8. There is a flight from San Diego to Philly on Southwest for $251 @ 9:45 am arriving 7:05 pm. Return flight from Seattle to San Diego 6:35 am arriving 10:25 am.
      It is a 42 hour drive so my driving cost is $420 plus expenses which are the plane tickets, meals, motel, fuel and $60 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me on my return. I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane tickets, I ask that you put the plane tickets on your credit card. My cell is 619-993-6577, home 619-443-6537 email [email protected]. I would also suggest posting on Craigslist Rideshare Philadelphia
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #79955 Reply
    Joe

I recently bought a second home in Louisville, KY but main home is in Los Angeles. My wife, dog and I just did a quick initial move across country and want to leave a car here. She is flying back but I need to drive because I won’t put the pooch in a cargo hold… Flexible schedule from anywhere in relative proximity to Louisville, KY. and I will drive straight to and deliver anywhere in Southern California and will do for no fee.

• #80597 Reply
      Maren

Looking for someone to drive car, Hyundai genesis cross country from Asheville NC or anywhere within a couple hours, to San Francisco Bay area, in next couple of weeks before holidays? Contact if interested: [email protected]

• #79953 Reply
    Merrilee

Hello Everyone!

My name is Merrilee. I am a licensed and seasoned cross country driver available to transport your vehicle from the west coast (SF area) to the east coast (ultimate destination for me is Maine, but anywhere close will be just fine).

I’ve been driving long distance ever since I was able at the age of 17 (often trips from NY to ME and back again). I enjoy the open road, respect the road and the vehicles I’m in.

I’m reliable, conscientious and alert.

I would be traveling with 1 pack, 1 suitcase and a carrier friendly roadcat named Marbles. He also enjoys the road and has accompanied me cross country a handful of times. I don’t smoke, usually camp when I travel and make very good time on the road.

Give a shout if this situation fits your needs. I am available starting November 20th.

Thanks for your time, and enjoy the day.
    Best,
    Merrilee

• #80319 Reply
      Urrouba

Hi, i am looking for a drivers who would be willing to drive rented U-haul truck from San Jose, CA to Boston, MA.

Also any travellers who will be willing to drive truck from San Jose, CA to Boston, please let me know.

Thanks,
      Urrouba

[email protected]

• #79926 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Driving to Boston, Female passenger only (Salt Lake City to Boston, MA)

I am flying from San Diego to Salt Lake City next Thursday Oct 25th, arriving 1:35 pm. I am meeting the person who is buying the van at the airport and from there we will go meet the person who is selling the van. After the deal is done and I drive the owner back to the airport I will be heading east. The van is an RV so it should be comfortable trip. About me; male, married, 71, non-smoker, not 420 friendly so no drugs period. No smoking in van and only on breaks. No sleeping in the van at night. We can share a two bed motel room or you can get your own room. You pay for anything you buy and your meals. This is basically a free ride. Again female only and no pets.
    My email is [email protected] My cell is 619-993-6577

• #79927 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Albuquerque to Walnut, CA Female passenger only (Albuquerque)
    ride offered
    I am flying into Albuquerque to on Oct 19th to pick a van and drive it back to San Diego. Sorry no pets, no drugs, not 420 friendly. No smoking in the van only at breaks. About me; male, 71, married. You pay for all your purchases. We can share a two bed motel room or you can get your own room. My email is [email protected] My cell is 619-993-6577

• #79925 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Update Cross Country Driver for Your Vehicle or Rental Truck (East to West to East Coast Your Choice)

I am driving an RV from Salt Lake City to Boston. I am arriving on Oct 29th, I already have a return plane ticket to San Diego (my home). I would prefer to drive home to earn extra money. I can drive anywhere but my final destination is San Diego.
    To start off my home is in San Diego County. So my starting and ending point is San Diego. Since I have been retired since 2011 and have driving all over the lower 48, Alaska. I charge $10 an hour driving time based on Google maps. For example Google maps says it is a 46 toll free drive from Boston San Diego. So my driving cost is $460. You pay all expenses which are fuel, motels, meals, $60 for my wife to drive me the airport and pick me up on my return. You pay for plane, train, bus and taxi fares. You also pay for unforeseen expenses. An example of an unforeseen expense is if there is a tire blow out and I need to buy a new tire that is an unforeseen expense. I set meal expense at $40 per day and I have yet to have gone over that price. I try to keep motel price under $70 per night. I put all the expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane ticket, I ask that you put the plane tickets on your credit card. You only pay what is on the receipts. I can supply you with references, proof of insurance, copy of my driving record and drivers license. If you reply to my post please include your name, starting and ending locations, when you want to start your trip and your phone number. Because it is your trip if you are riding with me you decide when we start and stop. I ask no smoking in vehicle, no alcoholic beverages consumed or drugs used and I am not 420 friendly. About me: I am male, 71, married and non-smoker.
    My email is [email protected] my cell is 619-993-6577

• #79915 Reply
    serena

Vancouver-Portland
    I need someone who want to drive my car from Vancouver to Portland.
    If you re interested please contact me at:
    e-mail: [email protected]
    whatsapp: +50576584706
    facebook: Serena mimilla

Thank you

• #79815 Reply
    Jeff Weiss

I am a former US Air Force policeman who has driven all over the US & Canada in a 30 year plus road sales career. I am based in Fort Lauderdale and I am transitioning from a full-time sales job to a “semi-retired” life on the road. I have a great driving record, a valid passport and I have driven vehicles up to 26 feet in length and 12 feet tall as part of my work career. I learned how to drive in NY City & Upstate NY so I have no issues with winter driving, multiple cross country drives over the Rockies, Experience driving through Canada as well as some basic survival French and a fair bit of Spanish. I also have a clean background check and years of travel planning skills that find the most cost efficient ways to get to or from a driving gig as well as EZ Pass, Sun Pass, Mile ID to track all costs and multiple routing programs.I also work with a Master Auto Mechanic so if you wish I can have your vehicle prepared and checked prior to a trip or checked over upon return. I currently commute between South Florida and Baltimore, MD several times a month. Please contact me about transporting your vehicles to and from South Florida!

• #153302 Reply
      JACK Williams

I AM RETIRED AIRFORCE AND NEED YOUR HELP, NICE OLDER TRUCK FROM 92211 TO 48174 SOON I HOPE ! JACK [email protected]

• #86083 Reply
      natalie

Need transport for 2012 Buick Lacrosse and 10 year old dog from Cocoa Beach, FL, to Des Moines, IA. Gas and return flight paid. Potential for recurring contract with snowbird. Text/call 971-706-9175

• #79813 Reply
    Terry Avakian

I will drive any vehicle from Florida to WA state or Las Vegas.
    Responsible senior..non smoker non drinker.
    Thanks
    Terry

• #79783 Reply
    Robert Veenstra

I am looking for some one to drive a Ford F8000 diesel automatic truck with a 10 foot flatbed on it to drive from Mineola NY 11501 to Fort Payne Al 35967

• #79785 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Female passenger only
    I am flying in Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport on Oct 10th to pick a RV and drive it back to Walnut, CA. Sorry no pets, no drugs, not 421 friendly. No smoking in the van only at breaks. About me; male, 71, married. You pay for all your purchases. We can share a two bed motel room or you can get your own room. My email [email protected] cell 619-993-6577.

• #79777 Reply
    Sandy

Looking for someone to drive my 2001 Nissan pickup truck from Panama City FL to Rodeo NM in mid-October. On delivery I can drive you to Tucson AZ or any towns along I-10 between Deming NM and Tucson AZ. Although I need the trip to start in mid-October, I’m in no hurry for delivery, so you can take your time and stop to see the sights along the way if you choose. I will pay for gas. Must have clean driving record.

• #79790 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

See my posts on this page, Mark Dougherty 619-993-6577 [email protected].
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #79767 Reply
    andrea

Looking for someone to drive my 2012 Toyota Corolla from Seattle/Portland area to Tampa Fl area. Mid October, very soon!

• #79769 Reply
    andrea

Seattle to Florida in mid to late october. 2012 toyota corolla. email [email protected]

Viewing 1,029 reply threads
Reply To: Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information: