Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

• This topic has 1,893 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by Caroline Adams.
Viewing 1,028 reply threads
  • Author
    niki

Looking for someone to drive my car from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans in next week or two. Please email me at [email protected]

• #196547 Reply
    Dan Keith

I’m 62 years old clean driving record don’t drink… very safe driver… i’m seeing if somebody has a safe well maintain car or truck needed to be driven from Vermont or the Albany New York area to the Las Vegas area… I have a meeting on oct 15… I would have to leave the 10th or 11th or 12th of October… my email address is [email protected]… or call or text me at 802-770-2884… thanks ..

• #198274 Reply
      niki

Drive my car from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans in next week or two.

• #196355 Reply
    Paul Challis

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to drive from Northern Virginia/Washington DC area to San Diego or nearby anytime in September, October, November or early December. If you have a car or small RV/truck that needs moving I am your guy! I have recently retired (57 years old) and am looking for some adventure. Clean drivers license, can drive manual. You supply the vehicle and I will cover the gas. Pls contact me at [email protected].

Thank you

• #196032 Reply
    Sarah

Looking to drive/deliver someone’s vehicle from Winnipeg to Kelowna sometime near the end of October/beginning of November.

• #195478 Reply
    John

Good morning. I am looking for someone to drive a small Uhaul truck from Cleveland Ohio to Holmes Beach Florida. Need it to be there November 10th

• #195676 Reply
      JD

Hi John,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please email me at my email address below.

JD

[email protected]

• #195285 Reply
    Michael

Hey there, will drive your car/U-haul from DC area or the east coast to Southern California for FREE. Email me and we can arrange. Looking to do this in November. [email protected]

• #195122 Reply
    Owen

I plan on driving from southern California to the northeast (PA, MD, NY, NJ, DC). I am flexible with dates but would like to leave around October 5th. I originally planned to just buy a van and sell it at my final destination but a friend suggested trying this first. Clean record. No stranger to long roadtrips. Please let me know if something could work. My email is [email protected]

• #195327 Reply
      Paige

Hi there, Does anyone need a car delivered/driven cross country from anywhere in california to anywhere on the east coast? I am looking to travel home from the west coast to the east coast in October. I have 10 plus years of safe driving experience. I love to drive and to see the United States, so I thought I would give this forum a try instead of taking a flight home. If anyone is interested, my email is [email protected]

• #195329 Reply
      Paige

Hi there,
      does anyone need a car driven from Seattle WA to Los Angeles? I am heading along that route from Canada the first week of October. I have a clean driving record, am solo, and responsible. My email is [email protected]. reach out. thank you

• #195330 Reply
      Paige

Hi there,
      Does anyone need a car driven from san Fransisco to los Angeles? I am a solo female traveler with a clean driving record. my dates are open because I am freely traveling around right now. But I would love to drive rather than take a bus, and if I could help someone out, that would be great. Thank you

• #195123 Reply
    Owen

I plan on driving from southern California to the northeast (PA, MD, NY, NJ, DC). I am flexible with dates but would like to leave around October 5th. I originally planned to just buy a van and sell it at my final destination but a friend suggested trying this first. Clean record. No stranger to long roadtrips. Please let me know if something could work. If interested, my email is [email protected]

• #193384 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

Sooner or later it happens to all of us who drive a lot. This past I was driving from Mound City, MO to Salt Lake City to catch my flight back home on Friday. I left with my passenger (the owner of the car) and her dog. The trip for me started back in San Diego where I live I had to take a Red Eye to Detroit leaving at 10:15 pm on Tuesday arriving there at around 5:30 am and flying to Lexington, KY to meet up with the person I was driving for around 10:00 am. We took off and stopped for the night in Mound City for the night. I got up at 4:00 am and we hit the road and my plan was not stopping until we reached the destination of SLC. However we had to stop before making it to SLC because due to lack of sleep I drifted into the right lane and the left rear quarter panel touched the tractor trailer driver steer wheel and it did almost $5000.00 worth of damage. We were all lucky that no one was injured.
    If I am to drive someone else’s vehicle I will need them to cover me with their insurance. I also decided that I will be getting a full nights sleep from now on. None of us should be driving with out a full nights sleep. If it takes one more day to get from Point A to Point B to get us to the final destination then that’s what it has to be. I hope other drivers feel the same as I due. Let’s all of us get home to our families and friends like the way we left them.

• #194420 Reply
      Darcy

Hello! I am looking to drive someone’s car from Des Moines, IA to Los Angeles October 17-20. I will be transporting some of my own belongings (I moved from DSM to LA in July and didn’t bring everything) and one of my stops along the way will be to visit my daughter for her birthday! I can pay my expenses for the use of your car to transport my items. I have a great driving record and will be very mindful of keeping your car clean and safe. Email [email protected] if this would be helpful for someone.

• #193442 Reply
      Rashell O’Neal

Hi Everyone

I am making a trip a cross country trip from San Diego County to Washington DC area. I plan to leave October 1 and arrive the night of the 3rd, however my dates can be flexible. I will be riding with my mom and dog as well. I can drive someone’s car preferably a suv during this time. I have done this road trip 10 times in total with 6 of those times done in 2021. If you are interested in my services please give email at the information below.

[email protected]

Rashell O

• #191964 Reply
    JR

Hi there! My adult daughter and I are looking to drive from San Diego or Los Angeles area to Huntsville in November 19-25 in a larger car (SUV, Pickup, crossover); I moved during the pandemic to Huntsville (Will consider anywhere within 2-3 hours of Huntsville also) and am grabbing the few suitcases/boxes that remain in my storage unit in SD and stopping to see my sister in LA, so either city works as a starting point.

My driving record is spotless and I am OCD about cleanliness, so your car will be kept spotless.

You can reach me at (619) 352-0773 if interested.

Best,
    JR

• #191842 Reply
    Alex Campean

Hi everyone!

My name is Alex Campean and I’m from Romania. I’ve been in SF for the past 3 months and to end this summer’s experience I am planning on doing a roadtrip from CA to Utah. That is why I am willing to drop the car anywhere around this area.

Last year I also got the opportunity of doing a 2 weeks cross country roadtrip, driving a car from this exact forum, from NYC to LA where we explored multiple National Parks and cities along the way. That is why I believe that I’d take good care of your car all while enjoying the
    trip.

If you believe I could be of help please contact me via email [email protected] or text 6284687201

• #191290 Reply
    Kristin

Hello. I am looking for a ride home to Phoenix for myself and my 2 teenage sons. We are in the Hartford, CT area. We are looking to leave on Sunday, September 4th. I am willing to share cost of gas and meals or I can drive your vehicle cross country.

• #190900 Reply
    Michele

Looking for a non-smoking driver leaving Louisville, KY between September 5 afternoon to Sept 8 to arrive in SLC, UT by September 11th. Would be driving myself and my dog cross-country in a Toyota RAV. Please let me know your fees, background, and any other pertinent information.

• #191783 Reply
      Karen S.

Hello Michele,

I am a digital creative and I drive on the side for a 5 star drive-away service. I just got back from taking a rescue dog to Denver 🙂 and I can provide a quote for you, just need a bit more info.

Please reach out to me at karen(at)smitherinedesigns.com and I will give you my phone number so we can discuss. Just don’t want to type it here for the whole world to have it. 🙂

Thanks! Hope it’s a great day.

x
      Karen

• #191307 Reply
      Dana Levenson

I am looking for someone to drive my 2021 Rav 4 Limited from the Portsmouth NH area (60 mins from Boston) to Vero Beach Fla. I plan to arrive in Fla on October 26. If interested, please send along credentials, estimated costs, and your logistics. Thank you.

• #191784 Reply
        Karen S.

Hi Dana!

I am a digital creative and I drive on the side for a 5 star drive-away service.
        Please connect with me via email at karen(at)smitherinedesigns.com so I can get my phone number to you so we can work out the details over the phone! I’m certain we can provide you with a great rate for this trip.

Thanks! Hope it’s a great day.
        Karen

• #191621 Reply
        JD

Hi Dana,

Happy to discuss this drive to Vero Beach Fla. Please email me at my email address below.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #191343 Reply
        JD

Hi Diane,

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #190958 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Hello Michele. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I charge $10.00 driving time based on Google Maps. According to Google Maps it’s a 23 drive so my driving cost is $230.00 plus expenses.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $230.00
      Meals: $40.00+/- per day x 3=$120.00+/-
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night x 2=$200.00+/-
      Fuel: unknown cost
      Plane ticket from San Diego to Louisville, KY plus 1 checked bag
      Return ticket to San Diego from SLC plus 1 checked bag
      $60.00 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me up on my return
      I have references
      The expense for the trip depends on you totally because you will be picking where we stay, where we eat and if you want to share a motel room. Also it will depend on what time the plane arrives in Louisville.
      This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html
      My cell is 619-993-6577 email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #191117 Reply
      John Nature

I’m looking for a driver from Colorado Springs to Portland, Maine to drive a Mercedes Sprinter box truck. 16 feet.

• #191118 Reply
      John Rain

Looking for Driver, 720-831-1464. Drive a Mercedes Box truck from Colorado Springs, CO to Portland, ME

• #191341 Reply
        JD

Hi John,

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #190792 Reply
    MG

Looking for a non-smoking driver leaving Louisville, KY on September 7 or 8 to arrive in SLC, UT by September 11th. Would be driving myself and my dog cross-country in a Toyota RAV. Please let me know your fees.

• #190901 Reply
      Michele

The vehicle will be in Lexington, KY if that would be preferable for a starting location.

• #192063 Reply
        Karen

Hi Michele,

I am a nonsmoking professional driver with a 5-star drive-away service. Please email me at karen(at)smitherinedesigns.com if you are still searching for a quote for this run.

Thanks, and hope it’s a great Labor Day Weekend!

Best,
        Karen

• #190581 Reply
    Amy M

Hi, I am a professional driver that is willing to drive your car from Cincinnati Ohio or Louisville Ky to anywhere in the United States. Clean driving record.. I work for a company now as a driver so definitely have experience. Feel free to contact me and we will see what we can come up with. Look forward to hearing from you soon..

• #192083 Reply
      Dove

Planning on renting car/van to go from Houston, TX to Palatine, ILL.

Leaving Saturday 09/03/2022 arriving Sunday 09/04/2022.

Please contact.

Thanks!

50 lbs. dog
      2 cats
      1 Smoker

• #192696 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

I lived in Palatine from 1957 to 1962 as a kid and I loved that town. I have been back several over the years and it’s always beautiful and well kept neighborhoods. Hope you enjoy Palatine.

• #190911 Reply
      Michele

Hi! I am looking for a driver to drive my Totota RAv from Lexington, KY to SLC, UT area. It would be driving myself and one medium dog. Looking to leave KY between Sept 5 afternoon thru Sept 8. Arrive in SLC by Sept 10 or 11. Would you be interested?

• #189635 Reply
    Trevor

Looking to transport a vehicle from California to the midwest/east coast in September! text me at 715-496-3046 if you are interested in having your vehicle safely transported. Happy to send insurance, background check, and clean driving record

• #190549 Reply
      elan

I’m looking for someone to drive my 2012 Camry Hybrid from California to Colorado in the next few weeks. Please reach out at my email address: love runs freely at gmail… no spaces, add the dot com.

• #189250 Reply
    check

Mother and daughter looking to drive across country mid September.

we are US citizens currently living in panama planning on visiting family on either sides on the country and looking to save on travel cost and see the country at the same time!

we will be in the sierra Nevada area the second week of September. pick up locations are flexible for us.

-very responsible experienced licensed driver since 1975
    -non smokers / non drinkers

• #189525 Reply
    Jason

I am driving a vehicle for a Doctor to Ft. Lauderdale Florida, arriving September 2. Anyone looking to bring a car back from Florida to Pennsylvania, Maryland, I am willing to drive your vehicle back. I am scheduled to fly back, but if anyone has a vehicle. I would be willing to work out a deal, to drive back instead. I have a clean driving record, and am very reliable.

• #188956 Reply
    Brandi

Needing to get as close to Arkansas as possible. I can drive and/or I can ride. Current location is Douglas, Wyoming.
    Contact [email protected]
    Thank you!!

• #188980 Reply
    JD

Hello,

I am a driver for hire that can personally drive your vehicle from any state from one location to another in a reasonable amount of time. Cars, moving trucks, busses, RV Mobile Homes, etc. I am a licensed Class B driver. I DO NOT SIGHTSEE WITH YOUR VEHICLE!

If you are interested in my service please contact me at my email address below and please provide the following in your inquiry:

– Zip codes for the departing and drop-off location
    – Vehicle make and model for the estimated fuel/toll costs
    – Estimated departing and arrival dates for the drive

I will promptly respond with a reasonable quote. Please keep in mind that busses, RV campers, anything in tow, etc. would be slightly more than a standard car or SUV.

I can provide strong references.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #189560 Reply
      Amy

Do you drive or transport cars from Chicago to Los Angeles?
      Thanks,
      Amy

• #190240 Reply
        Laura Ambrose

We are heading to LA and want to drive Rt 66 when do you need vehicle in LA?

• #189643 Reply
        Ron

When are you looking to have this done?? Reply to my direct email for a quote with this info. Thanks

Ron

[email protected]

• #189667 Reply
        JD

Hi Amy,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please contact me at my email address below.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #189604 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

I saw your post and I am a driver who would drive your car from Chicago to LA. I use Google maps to determine my driving cost. I charge $10 an hour driving time based on Google maps. According to Google it’s a 29 hour drive from Chicago to LA. My driving cost is $290.00 plus expenses.
        Expenses:
        Driving: $290.00
        Meals: $40.00 per day x 3=$120.00+/-
        Motels: $100.00 per night x nights=$200.00+/-
        Might need plane ticket, it all depends when you need this done.
        $60.00 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me up on my return
        Fuel: unknown cost not knowing what mileage your car gets
        If you are moving to LA and you are renting a truck I can drive that and tow your car.

About might need a plane ticket, I am driving a car from San Jose to Grand Rapids, MI on Aug 29 arriving in Grand Rapids on September 1st flying home on September 2nd. I live in San Diego County, a couple hour drive from LA. I would need transportation from Grand Rapids to Chicago and from LA to my home in San Diego. If your need time is after September 1st then I would need a plane ticket to Chicago from San Diego plus one checked bag.
        MY cell is 619-993-6577 email [email protected]
        Sincerely
        Mark Dougherty

• #188614 Reply
    Melvin

Hi Im looking for a way home from Dallas, tx. to Las vegas NV. i will chip in on gas, or I will drive your car. I just need to get home the sooner the better

• #188176 Reply
    Brian

Need someone to drive my 2022 Camray from NH/Mass, to Sarasota, Florida in early Nov.

• #188478 Reply
      JD

Hi Brian,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please contact me at my Email address below.

JD

[email protected]

• #188485 Reply
      Ron

To accurately figure cost, what city would pickup be from or could it be done from the closest major airport??

Thanks, and reply to my direct email for quick response.

[email protected]

RON

• #188600 Reply
      Ron

So that I can figure an exact cost, from which city is actual pickup and what is closest major airport???

• #188528 Reply
      Diana

I need someone to drive a Subaru station wagon from DC to Denver this week.

• #188839 Reply
        JD

Dear poster
        I will drive. I have clean license. I’m hitchiking if I can’t find a ride. I’m leaving today.
        Lauren
        83178562o6

• #188721 Reply
        JD

Hi Diana,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please contact me at my email address below.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #188359 Reply
    John Bayes

Hi, my name is John(Jack) Bayes, (retired from school district PD)
    Looking for someone who needs a car/truck driven from Portland Oregon area to Detroit Michigan area around the end of September early October.
    Good driving record and very dependable.
    Thanks.

• #188362 Reply
    John Bayes

Hello,
    My name is John (Jack) Bayes
    Looking for someone who needs a car/truck/RV driven from Portland Oregon area to the Detroit Michigan area the end of September early October timeframe. I’m retired from a school district PD and have nothing but time to help out. Good driving record and dependable.
    If anyone has a need please let me know.
    Thanks
    [email protected]

• #188099 Reply
    Numertha Geisinger

Hello,

I need my car driven from Los Angeles (or San Diego) to Boston, preferably by the end of this month (August). It’s a Volvo XC60 and I’m only throwing a few of my things in the back so there should be plenty of room! Please let me know! The sooner, the better.

Numertha Geisinger
    [email protected]

• #188355 Reply
      Candyce Stosic

Hello Numertha
      I would be willing to drive your vehicle from LA to Boston. I am looking to go as soon as possible like today or tomorrow. I am an excellent driver and used to drive for UBER as a 5 star driver. Contact me at email provided.
      Candyce

• #188366 Reply
      JD

Hi Numertha,

I did follow up with an email if you wish to discuss this further.

JD

[email protected]

Viewing 1,028 reply threads
Reply To: Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information: