Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

Viewing 1,024 reply threads
  • Author
    Matia

Hello! I am a hairstylist who will be moving from Los Angeles to NY at the end of January, 2023. I would love to drive your car across country! I can bring some things with me, I just have a few suitcases and boxes. I am a trusted driver and my dates are fairly flexible. Please contact me at (510) 374-9385 if you are interested. Thank you!

• #221347 Reply
      Shannon Gandy

I am looking for someone who can drive my daughters SUV from Vista, CA to Alabama sometime close to the end of February. I’ll pay $300 towards the gas. That way I can fly her home, she’s only 19 and I don’t want her driving alone.

• #221823 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

I think it’s going to be hard to find a person in the San Diego area looking to drive a car to Alabama. I do a lot of driving as a driver for hire. People pay all expenses which includes meals, motels, fuel, driving time, plane ticket back to San Diego and $60.00 for my wife to drive me to pick up the car in Vista and picking me up at the airport on my return. I have references. I am married, 75, white. I live in Lakeside. My cell is 619-993-6577 email [email protected].
        Sincerely
        Mark Dougherty

• #217794 Reply
    Agnella

Available to drive from NYC tri-state region to St. Louis, Missouri in mid-January 2023. Clean driving record, comprehensive insurance, meticulous car owners at home. We’re making a one-way road trip and would love to help someone out who needs car transportation on this route. Text 847 331 0879. Thanks

• #216585 Reply
    Muhammad Abdulwanis

I am looking for someone to drive my 2018 Yaris IA from Los Angeles, California to Fort Wayne, Indiana before 12/27/2022
    If you are interested please contact me at [email protected]
    Thank you,

• #217641 Reply
      Bethany

Did you find someone? I can take it part way to Utah, if that helps. Dec 27th

• #216521 Reply
    JD

It has been a great year corresponding with people here on the Family Travel Forum site.

Looking forward to working with new customers and fellow drivers in the future.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

JD

jdwilldrive.com

• #216295 Reply
    henry

We’re moving from the San Francisco Bay Area in California to the East Coast and need a car to drive (we can end anywhere near Philadelphia or NYC areas).

Hoping to start the trip on January 30th and hope to see sights during our month off. We’re a clean and respectful couple and will leave your car better than we found it! Willing to discuss timeline and paying a small fee for your generosity.

Thank you!

• #216323 Reply
    Kim

I’m a journalist looking to drive someone’s car from the San Francisco Bay Area to Washington, DC or nearby in mid- to late January. I’m heading to DC to teach at a university for a semester and would prefer to drive than to fly. I’m a very safe driver with a pristine driving record who would treat your car with care. If you need a driver and have a car that runs well, you can contact me at [email protected]

• #215512 Reply
    Jeannie Farrell

Hi looking to drive your car to your destination the week between Christmas and new years. No fee for service Just gas cost.

• #216144 Reply
      Wathina

I need someone to be my co -driver to drive to Kennewick Washington. My driver flaked on me. I’m in a time crunch need to leave Dec 23-24 and get there in less then 20 hrs cuz I’m moving there. I have a hard time driving long distance without falling asleep hence the need for a co driver. Please lmk asap. I’m in bakersfield, ca going to Kennewick, Washington

Email me [email protected] my name is Wathina thank you

• #216143 Reply
      Andrea

I need someone to be my co -driver to drive to Kennewick Washington. My driver flaked on me. I’m in a time crunch need to leave Dec 23-24 and get there in less then 20 hrs cuz I’m moving there. I have a hard time driving long distance without falling asleep hence the need for a co driver. Please lmk asap. I’m in bakersfield, ca going to Kennewick, Washington

Email me [email protected] my name is Wathina thank you

• #214513 Reply
    Tarik

Hi I would like to drive from California, Arizona or Nevada to Florida or somewhere nearby. I live in Los Angeles. I would like to leave very soon, if you need a car transported to arrive before Christmas.

Clean driving record.

• #214521 Reply
    Tarik

Hello, I live in Los Angeles. Would like to drive a car from anywhere in California, Arizona, or Nevada. To Florida or one of the surrounding states. Would like to leave soon and arrive several days before Christmas.

Clean driving record
    Please email me at [email protected]
    Or call/text me at 323-926-7910

• #214372 Reply
    Andrea

Hi,

If you’re looking for someone to drive your car anywhere in the US around the holiday weekend Dec 22 – 26, or at the end of January or February, please text me at: 5 one 6 – four 6 two – 2 seven 9 four.

Thanks!

• #213898 Reply
    Zach Green

Subject: Willing to Drive to Boca Raton/Fort Lauderdale/West Palm Beach This December

Hello everyone!

My name is Zach Green. I am a middle school teacher that started doing auto driveaway on the side over summer break. This past June and July I had the privilege of doing three long-distance jobs starting at three different points in the United States. While I plan to pick that back up again in late May/June of 2023, I am looking for a specific kind of job this December.

This time, I am looking for someone who wants their vehicle driven to the Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, or West Palm Beach areas of Florida by December 20. I am willing to drive from anywhere in the United States within 1,500 miles of this destination beginning on December 18 or December 19.

I have reasonable rates and experience with long distance drives. Past drives include Connecticut to Las Vegas and New Jersey to Oklahoma City. I have a clean driving record and references that can speak to my trustworthiness with your vehicle!

If this fits your needs, please contact me at [email protected]!Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Zach Green

• #214017 Reply
      Kathi Moore

My sister is relocating from LA to Chgo. in February and I’m going to help her drive. Do you need a vehicle driven across country? We are both clean-driving-record reliable drivers and would treat your car with the utmost care and return it to you clean and in the same condition you left it.
      We are both in our 60s and drive a lot for work.

• #212477 Reply
    Sheila Godfrey

Hi
    My wife and I are looking for a win/win! We need to drive from South/west Floria to Southern California and transport our daughters service dog back to her. If you need your car transported from Florida to So Cal, we will need to leave by Dec 10. We are in our 60’s and have 6 children.
    Sheila & Alan

• #212426 Reply
    Alan G

Hi
    My wife and I are looking for a win/win! We need to drive from South/west Floria to Southern California and transport our daughters service dog back to her. If you need your car transported from Florida to So Cal, we will need to leave by Dec 10. We are in our 60’s and have 6 children.
    Alan & Sheila

• #212431 Reply
    Sheila Godfrey

Hi
    Sheila & Alan

• #211553 Reply
    JD

Hi,

I am a professional driver for hire that can personally drive your vehicle from any state from one location to another in a reasonable amount of time. Cars, moving trucks, busses, RV mobile homes, etc. I am a licensed Class B driver. Non-smoker.

If you are interested in my service please contact me at my email address below and please provide the following in your inquiry:

– Zip codes for the departing and drop-off location
    – Vehicle make and model for the estimated fuel/toll costs
    – Estimated departing and arrival dates for the drive

I will promptly respond with a reasonable quote. Please keep in mind that busses, RV campers, anything in tow, etc. would be slightly more than a standard car or SUV.

I can provide strong references.

I DO NOT SIGHTSEE WITH YOUR VEHICLE!

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #209537 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

I am looking for a vehicle to drive back to San Diego from Hallandale Beach FL. I am a driver for hire and I am driving a car from Chicago to Hallandale Beach. It’s a 38 hour drive. I charge $10 an hour driving time so my driving cost is $380.00 plus expenses.
    Expenses:
    Driving $380.00
    Meals: $40.00 per day
    Motels: $100.00+/- per night
    Fuel: unknown cost
    If I drive to another destination I will need a plane ticket to San Diego. If I drive to LA then a bus/train or uber to San Diego
    $30.00 for my wife to pick me up from mode of transportation that got me to San Diego
    My cell is 619-993-6577 email [email protected]
    Sincerely
    Mark Dougherty

• #211432 Reply
      Emma S

Hello! I am looking for a ride that will seat 5 people from Portland, Oregon to San Francisco from March 16th – March 24th. Please contact me if you need to transfer your car during this time, we will do it for free!

• #211163 Reply
      Ksenia

Hello, my name is Ksenia. I need to drive the car from LA to NYC in december. My email [email protected]

• #210540 Reply
      Judy Krieger

Hi Mark,
      We are looking for a way to get our car in Foley, Alabama to Portland, Oregon. Foley is close to the gulf coast not too far from Pensacola, Florida.
      Judy

• #214351 Reply
        Wayne Hill

Hey please contact me , I would love to drive your car to Oregon for you please text 4436101791
        Asap

• #210826 Reply
        Trevor

Hey Judy,

I could get your car from AL to OR in the next couple of weeks! I have done multiple cross country driving trips and have a perfect driving record. Call me at 715-496-3046

Thank you,
        Trevor

• #210809 Reply
        Trevor

Hey Judy,

Are you still looking for a driver? Contact me at seven 1 five-four nine 6- 3 0 four 6

• #210710 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

Please contact [email protected] I am no longer driving. Thank you Mark Dougherty

• #209717 Reply
      Ceri Keith

Hi,

I’m looking for a last minute driver to drive my son’s car from Des Moines, IA to San Diego, CA with pickup this Sun 11/20 or Mon morning 11/21. The pickup dates are important, but the delivery date is not so there is no rush to get the car to SD.Let me know if anyone is available.

Thanks,
      Ceri

• #207999 Reply
    Jessica P

Hi,
    I am looking for someone who can drive my vehicle + dog from near Palm Beach Florida to Chicago in early January 2023. Looking for someone who is OK with animals (dog will be in a crate) and reliable/with references.

Thank you,
    JP

• #210827 Reply
      Trevor

Hey Jessica,

I am happy to make this trip for you as I have done similar distances before and have a perfect driving record. I also do pet sitting through trusted house sitter. contact me at 715-496-3046 to discuss details.

Thanks

• #208397 Reply
      JD

Hi Jessica,

I would be happy to discuss this drive. Please email me at my email address below.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #208269 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Hello Jessica. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google maps. According to Google it’s a 20 hour drive from Palm Beach to Chicago. My driving cost is $200.00 plus expenses.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $200.00
      Meals: $40.00 per day
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night
      Fuel: unknown cost
      Plane ticket from San Diego to Palm Beach
      Return plane ticket from Palm Beach to San Diego
      One checked bag for each flight
      $60.00 for my wife to drive me to the airport and pick me up on my return
      References will be given when you send me your email address
      I have traveled cross country with dogs before. Does the dog have to be in a crate? If the dog can sit in the front passenger seat that would be great too keep me company.
      My cell is 619-993-6577, email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #207086 Reply
    Janet Gibson

From Calif. Central Coast to NE Tennessee: My husband and I are retirees looking to drive someone’s car from the Central Coast of Calif. to somewhere near NE Tennessee (KY, VA, NC, etc.). We have a few boxes in Morro Bay from a former home that we need to bring home.

We need motel accommodations and some gas, but no fee. Both of us have clean records and are responsible people who care for others’ things. We can check in with you as often as you like.

Thanks,
    Janet and Mike

• #204826 Reply
    Delaney Whitaker

Anyone looking to get from California (SF Bay Area) to the East Coast (anywhere sort of near Rhode Island – I’m happy to take the train to Boston, NY, DC, etc.)?

I’ve got a beloved 2010 Toyota Prius I’d love to relocate sometime in the next couple of months

• #210814 Reply
      Trevor

Hey Delaney,
      Are you still looking for someone to drive your car? Iv’e done this trip in a prius twice actually and would be interested in doing it again! contact me at seven one 5 four 9 6 three 0 4 six.
      Thanks!!

• #210828 Reply
      Trevor

Hey Delaney,

not sure if you found someone for this yet, but i’d be happy to make the trip for you. contact me at 715-496-3046

• #209367 Reply
      Kim

Hi Delaney,

I’m a journalist heading to Washington DC in January to teach a university course for the spring semester. I’d be happy to drive your Prius for the cost of gas and food/hotel expenses. No need to pay a fee or plane ticket back. I have a pristine driving record and am very responsible.

Kim

• #205974 Reply
      JD

Hi Delaney,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please email me at my email address below.

Thank you,

JD

[email protected]

• #205316 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Hello Delaney. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I live in San Diego County. I charge $10.00 an hour driving time based on Google Maps. According to Google its a 46 hour drive to Rhode Island. My driving cost would be $460.00 plus expenses.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $460.00
      Meals: $40.00 per day x 7=$280.00 It can be more days depending on weather conditions
      Motels: $100.00+/- per night x 6=$600.00+/- and again it could be more nights
      Fuel: Approximately $275.00 based on 45 mpg @$4.00 per gar and 3100 miles
      Plane tickets San Diego to the Bay area and return from Boston to San Diego plus one checked bag for each flight
      $60.00 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me up on my return.
      I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of plane tickets, I ask that you put them on your credit card. I do not ask for any money up front. I have references.
      My cell is 619-993-6577 email [email protected].
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #205328 Reply
      Dan Ortiz

Hello Delaney.

I’ve made a similar trip for someone on this website within the last 6 months. Please contact me and we can discuss.

[email protected]

Dan

• #203610 Reply
    Joyce Minehan

Hi, I’m traveling to Australia Nov 20, 2022 from LA. I would like to drive a small SUV from NE PA to LA with a stop in Phoenix. I’d leave 11/13 and get to LA by 11/19 or early morning 11/20 as I fly out 8:30 pm. Does anyone want their car driven from PA to LA? I am a realtor/occupational therapist and have a clean driving record. Do not drink or smoke.

Thanks, Joyce

• #207707 Reply
      Alberto Barzola

I am moving to Las Vegas on the 12th of November. I have a 2022 Kona that I would like driven there, we can figure out the remaining portion to LA. Please reach out.

• #204710 Reply
      Heather Law

Hello, I’m looking for someone to pick up my Toyota Highlander Hybrid with personal items in Charleston, WV and bring it to or near Albuquerque NM. Pick up would be in the next week or so. Any snowbirds looking to travel? There’s a bit of room for personal items but not much. Maybe a suitcase or two. There is also a tow hitch (7 or 4 pin if needed).

• #205461 Reply
        Heather Law

Update! my delivery timeframe is a bit more flexible (up to 2-3 weeks but can be picked up sooner. I also have a tow behind rv that I rent out which is clean and vey light (all season Lance 1575) that is also located in the region 20 minutes away, if someone is looking for a travel vacation they could tow and use for free, sleeps 3. I was going to ship separately but my preference is to have both if possible. My Highlander Hybrid is currently parked in a long term lot and the camper is in storage.

• #205317 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

Hello Heather. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I charge $10.00 an hour based on Google maps. According to Google its a 24 hour drive so my driving cost is $240.00 plus expenses.
        Expenses:
        Driving: $240.00
        Meals: $40.00 per day x 5=$200.00
        Motels: $100.00+/- per night x 4=$400.00+/-
        Meals and Motels might increase depending on weather.
        Plane tickets and one checked bag from San Diego to Charleston and return ticket from Albuquerque to San Diego
        $60.00 for my wife to drive me to airport and pick me up on my return.
        I have references.
        I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of plane tickets, I ask that you put them on your credit card.
        I do not ask for any money up front
        Sincerely
        Mark Dougherty

• #205318 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

I forgot to add fuel cost so I figure approximately $185.00 based on 1600 miles 35 mpg $4.00 per gal.
        Mark

• #205755 Reply
        Doug

Hi Heather-

I may be able to help. I just adopted a dog that I need to get from PA to Denver week of 11/7 or 11/14. Not sure if getting your car “most of the way” would prove helpful to you or not, but figured I’d offer. I’m guessing finding someone to drive the 4-5 hours from Denver to Albuquerque right before Thanksgiving would likely not be difficult.

Depending on weather, I’d plan on 2-3 days to get to Denver. I’m 51 and have flawless driving record. Anyway, figured I’d offer in case this would be helpful. Feel free to respond with any questions.

Have a great day!

• #205692 Reply
        Doug

Hello Heather-

I possibly could help. I just adopted a dog that I need to bring here to Denver from PA (week of 11/7 or 11/14). Would getting your car “almost there/closer” in Denver help? Not sure if it makes sense or not, but would guess many people headed to NM from CO over Thanksgiving that might be able to drive it the final way. I’m 52 and have flawless driving record. Would do the drive in 2-3 days depending on weather

Understand if this is not helpful for your situation. Just figured I’d offer if helpful.

Have a great day!

• #206318 Reply
          Heather Law

Hi Doug:

That might work. Can you email me at heather.law at outlook.com? I would be happy to discuss!

• #206452 Reply
          Heather Law

Hi Doug, having a hard time getting my post to show! That might work. Could you email me at heather.law at outlook.com

• #198838 Reply
    Jessica Keller

Need someone to drive your car from Southern California to the East Coast before the holidays? I am hoping to drive cross-country starting around December 10th, arriving before Christmas. I am willing to take your car from LA or Santa Barbara (or nearby) to anywhere between Boston and Richmond. I am a safe driver, have never had a ticket. Send me an email if you’re interested! [email protected] thanks!

• #205242 Reply
      Ken Schafer

Hey, I saw your post and I’m looking to transport our 4-Door Toyota Corolla from San Diego, CA to Somerville MA. It runs beautifully, is extremely reliable, and has a decent trunk, A/C etc. We’d be happy to take it to the dealer for a checkup before you leave to make sure you have a perfectly uneventful trip (at least from a mechanical point of view). Are you still looking for a car? Can you supply references and a copy of your driver’s license?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Ken Schafer

• #208487 Reply
        PJ

Hi are you still looking for someone to deliver your car from San Diego to Somerville? I am located in San Diego. Please email [email protected] for best quote and references. Clean driving record, experienced and safe driver.

• #205331 Reply
        Dan Ortiz

When do you need this done??

Reply to my direct email:

[email protected]

RON

• #205293 Reply
        Mark Dougherty

Hello Ken, my name is Mark Dougherty. I am a driver for hire who lives here in San Diego County. I live in Lakeside. I have been doing cross country driving since I retired back in December 2011.
        I charge $10 an hour driving time from Point A to Point B based on Google Maps. It’s a 46 hour drive from San Diego to Somerville driving the southern route. The driving cost is $460.00 plus expenses.
        Expenses:
        Driving $460.00
        Meals: $40.00 per day x 7=$280.00 but days can be added due to weather.
        Motels: $100.00+/- per night x 6=$600.00+/- again it can be more nights depending on weather.
        Fuel: Approximately $315.00 based on 40 mpg 3,140 miles $4.00 per gal
        Return plane ticket to San Diego with one checked bag
        $60.00 for my wife to drive me to pick up the car and pick me up on my return.
        I ask for no money up front. I will put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane ticket, I ask that you put the plane ticket on your credit card.
        I have references.
        Sincerely
        Mark Dougherty

• #205280 Reply
        JD

Hi Ken,

Happy to discuss this drive. Please email me at my email address below.

JD

[email protected]

• #203481 Reply
      Noah Spear

Hi I am in Seattle and making way to San Diego in the next week. Can drive a vehicle if someone is in need of this route or a stop along this route!

• #198277 Reply
    niki

Looking for someone to drive my car from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans in next week or two. Please email me at [email protected]

• #196547 Reply
    Dan Keith

I’m 62 years old clean driving record don’t drink… very safe driver… i’m seeing if somebody has a safe well maintain car or truck needed to be driven from Vermont or the Albany New York area to the Las Vegas area… I have a meeting on oct 15… I would have to leave the 10th or 11th or 12th of October… my email address is [email protected]… or call or text me at 802-770-2884… thanks ..

• #198274 Reply
      niki

Drive my car from Fort Lauderdale to New Orleans in next week or two.

• #196355 Reply
    Paul Challis

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to drive from Northern Virginia/Washington DC area to San Diego or nearby anytime in September, October, November or early December. If you have a car or small RV/truck that needs moving I am your guy! I have recently retired (57 years old) and am looking for some adventure. Clean drivers license, can drive manual. You supply the vehicle and I will cover the gas. Pls contact me at [email protected].

Thank you

• #196032 Reply
    Sarah

Looking to drive/deliver someone’s vehicle from Winnipeg to Kelowna sometime near the end of October/beginning of November.

Viewing 1,024 reply threads
Reply To: Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information: