Need someone to drive your car cross country? - My Family Travels

* Home Page Forums USA & Canada Family Travel Forum Need someone to drive your car cross country?

• This topic has 1,893 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by Caroline Adams.
Viewing 1,028 reply threads
  • Author
    Hussein

Looking to drive somebody’s car from Detroit to Los angeles on or around August 20th .I’m a senior citizen with perfect records and an insurance.The owner has to pay for the gas only .Text me at 313 445 9298 .Thanks

• #185822 Reply

Hi willing to drive your car (automatic or Manual) from winnipeg to Vancouver around 9th or 10th august 2022. And further willing to drive your car from Vancouver to San Fransico 12th or 13th August 2022. Have a good one.

• #185545 Reply
    Mark Dougherty

All People Posting Here On My Family Travels Please Read:
    In order to receive any replies to your post YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. My Family Travels does not forward any replies. If you don’t put your contact information in your post you will need to go back to your post to see any replies. Like it says where you are required to put your email: (Email (will not be published) (required):).

• #185136 Reply
    Sam

Hello! Looking for someone to drive my manual transmission Mazda 3 from Boston to Dallas, TX. Setting off around August 5-8 if possible, but can be a bit later.

If interested, please contact me at [email protected]

• #186335 Reply
      Karen

Hi Sam,

I just emailed you about this…
      Thanks!

Karen
      You Fly We Drive

• #185352 Reply
    Barry

My wife and I are retired teachers and reliable drivers.
    We are available to drive a vehicle from BC to southern ON in early October.
    If this is something that could help you out, please get in touch.

[email protected]

• #185434 Reply
    Jessica V

Looking for a DRIVER to take my car from Northern New Jersey to Denver, Colorado preferably within the next week. The car is a 2019 Ford Escape. The car is automatic, running, and in great condition. I plan on packing some of my things in the car as I am in the process of moving. Would be willing to pay for gas or to figure out another form of payment. Please reach out if you are interested! Thanks!!!

– Jessica
    Email: [email protected]

• #185679 Reply
      Barrett Trenholme

Hello,

My name is Barrett Trenholme and I am in the proccess of moving across the country from NYC to Denver. I am willing to drive your car. I do have a dong (Kona) and will have a seat coverer for the back seats that prevents hair from getting on the car. If you want to contact me please email, call or text.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Barrett Trenholme
      (303) 842 – 4149

• #185451 Reply
    Jessica V.

Looking for someone to drive my 2019 Ford Escape from NJ to CO. The car is automatic. I am more than willing to pay for gas and discuss other payment. Ideally, I would like my car to leave NJ by August 4th. Please reach out if you are interested!

Best,
    Jessica

• #184908 Reply
    Timothy Wade

Hello!

I need a vehicle driven a very short distance (approx 15 miles) in the Denver area. Must be able to drive manual transmission!

If you’re available ASAP, please let me know via email.

Thanks!
    Timothy

[email protected]

• #184813 Reply
    YUNG

Does anybody want to drive a 2004 toyota camry from seatle, WA to Anchorage, AK?

• #185548 Reply
      Ric Fridge

I’m interested in driving your car to Alaska. I would only need you to pay for the gas. Let me know what you think. Thanks

• #185193 Reply
      Cal Murphy

Hello, I’m Cal, I’m retired, and have been a long-haul trucker. That means I spent weeks or months at a time on the road. I can handle almost any vehicle, as well as how to handle any kind of road or situation that comes up.

I buy my own food and beverages, pack light, and I don’t drink or do illegal drugs. I respect your privacy if you want to seal your vehicle for privacy. I can pair you up to my Waze account so you can track me as I go. I ALWAYS DRIVE ALONE – I do not take riders or goods for anyone other than my client.

There are details to discuss, like costs, expectations, roadside assistance coverage, etc, that we can discuss when the time is right.

I’m about helping others out. You get what you need to be moved taken care of by an experienced person at a heavily discounted price, and I get to keep busy during my retirement while putting some scratch in my pocket and getting away from the balls and chains of life. Oh, during late autumn, as a trusted community member, I play Santa!

Let’s talk about YOUR needs!

• #186020 Reply
        Michelle

Hi Cal,

I’m looking for someone to pick up a moving truck in Spokane and take over the border to Nelson, BC and then drive our vehicle back over the border and park at the Spokane airport. It would be the week of September 5th either the 5th, 6th, or 7th. The moving company said the truck should be ready one of those days. You have to be vaccinated to make it over the Canadian border due to on-going restrictions.

Does this sound like something you can do? Spokane to Nelson, BC is 3.5 hours.
        Thanks,
        Michelle

• #186443 Reply
          Cal

I think I would need a passport to do a cross border, and a bill of lading. I don’t have a passport. But if it doesn’t require more than a US driving license as is required for air travel in the U.S. I’d be happy to help.

• #184811 Reply
    Jasmine

Hello,

I purchased a vehicle in San Jose, CA and need it delivered to my residence in Rock Hill, SC.

Preferably between July 29th and August 5th.

• #189003 Reply
      Trevor Holtz

Hey jasmine,

Have you been able to find someone to take your car? Happy to talk about working something out, text me at 715-four 9 six -3 zero four 6

• #185876 Reply
      Heiner

Hi Jasmine,
      Driving a car from one coast to the other is a bucket list item! I live a few miles from you in Charlotte, NC and would gladly drive your car with no pay. You just pay for gas (or charging) if you don’t mind.
      I am a German engineer, very experienced driver. Have never been in an accident and had no ticket for years. I will take great care of your car.
      It would be great to hear from you!
      Heiner —> 704 898 3698 (text only)

• #184982 Reply
      JD

Hi Jasmine,

Can you contact me at me email address below with the vehicle make and model and I will gladly provide you with a reasonable quote.

JD

[email protected]

• #184889 Reply
    Sanne

Hi!

We are two recently university graduated friends from the Netherlands (both 23) that are planning a roadtrip starting in San Francisco in the beginning of September to Miami at the end of October. We both are experienced drivers of about six years, don’t smoke and like to keep a clean car. Both manual and automatics are no problem.

If you have a car that needs to be transported from the San Francisco area to Miami, please let us know via email: [email protected]

Thanks!
    Yannick and Sanne

• #184927 Reply
    Yung

Looking for somebody that wants to have an adventure!

I am looking for somebody to drive my car from the NY area to the Anchorage area in Alaska. If you have ever wanted to drive the beautiful Alcan highway up to Alaska but didn’t have a vehicle, this is your opportunity!

I am NOT looking to pay somebody to do this, just somebody that wants to do this out of the sheer adventure of it all. This is a trip I wanted to take with my kids and will do so next summer if there are no takers.

Please email me if you are interested! [email protected]

thanks,

Yung

• #184620 Reply
    Adam

Hi! Looking to have my car (Honda CR-V) transported from Boston, MA to Chicago suburb, IL last weekend of August. Pickup 8/27 preferably.

Email: abs0484 (at) gmail (dot) com

• #185194 Reply
      Cal Murphy

I’m still open for that time…and still waiting to hear from two other prospects.

• #184707 Reply
    Adam

Hi!

Looking to get my 2013 Honda CR-V transported from Boston area to Chicago suburb last weekend of August (8/26 ish). Car will have personal belongings too.
    Please reach out to discuss at [email protected]
    Thanks!

• #184560 Reply
    Brent

Who wants a HUGE CARGO VAN or CAMPER VAN with tons of storage to move your life from California to NY?
    -OR-
    A CROSS COUNTRY ROAD TRIP in a CAMPER VAN from the CA Bay Area to Niagara Falls / Buffalo, NY?

DATE: September 6, 2023 for two weeks or less.

Cost: $950 (Compare to $3000 with Budget Cargo Vans)

I bought an Extended Chevy Express Passenger Van a couple years ago for a cross country round trip road trip with my wife & 3 children. The van came with 3 rows of seating in the back. We took out the third row to build an elevated bed in the back; leaving the 2 remaining back benches. See the two pictures here: https://healingdivisions.org/van-photos

The bed can sleep up to 3 people (sometimes 4). Typically, my wife, myself, and daughter would sleep in the bed, and the two boys would sleep across the two back cushioned seat benches. It has tons of storage beneath the bed that was build to easily accommodate plastic totes for organized travelling.

We are looking to just drive 1-way for 3 weeks in summer 2024 (and fly back)… meaning, you would get to do a similar trip and drive it back to us in Niagara Falls/Buffalo. In our trip, the van got about 20 miles to the gallon… so you should figure that into your budget. Travelling this way enables us to book beautiful campsites across the country (or boon dock for free), and book without fear of the elements (as we bring our own shelter!)

If you prefer to maximize storage for moving, the bed can be easily disassembled, though of course the bed components would need to come with you.

We would expect:
    1. The driver(s) to have a clean driving record
    2. A background check
    3. Full auto insurance
    4. A deposit
    5. A maximum of 4000 miles (more can be negotiated for extra fee)

Contact brent_a_rama (at) yahoo.com

• #184533 Reply
    Kathy Kleczek

Looking to drive a vehicle from PNW to New England/NY area Early August. Vehicle will be delivered by August 19th.

I am a 50+ woman with extensive cross country driving experience. Clean driving record.

I live in the PNW and am going East to help my mother move. Am offering to drive your vehicle, terms to be negotiated.

Let me know if I can help you with transporting your vehicle safely across the US.
    Contact me via the email below: (written out to avoid some of the spam generators

NWCoast4est at Gmail

• #184554 Reply
    Rihanna

Pick Rihanna up in a real car knock on the door come to 3404 division st jacksonville fl

• #184412 Reply
    Matthew R Boyer

Hello we are moving from upstate New York to Austin Texas at the end of August and are willing to transport any vehicle across country. Please contact me if you need your vehicle delivered to and from those areas around that time. Vary much appreciated!

Thank you!

Matt
    [email protected]

• #184421 Reply
    KMA

Hi, I am looking to drive someone’s car from the LOS ANGELES area to DETROIT the first two weeks in August.

I am a middle aged female Harvard grad and a writer with a spotless driving record. Please let me know if I can help you.

Text me at:

• #184229 Reply
    Alex Campean

Hi everyone!

Me and 4 other friends are planning on making a road trip mid until the end of September.
    This is our second time embarking on such an adventure in the US as last year we managed to drive a car found on this forum, traveling from NYC to San Diego.

This time we would love to drive from SF, Bay Area to either Utah (Salt Lake City area), Oregon (Portland area), or Colorado (Denver area). However, we can be flexible with the locations as we’ll plan our trip depending on our final destination so even another location might still fit our plans.

We’re looking for a larger car, possibly a minivan or something along those lines, considering it has to fit 5 people.

If you need us to bring your car and the information presented above fits your needs, don’t hesitate to contact me.

please email me: [email protected]
    or message me: 628 468 7201

• #184290 Reply
    Alison

Looking for someone to drive my 2015 RAV4 from the Bay Area, ca to Calgary, Alberta. I need it in Alberta by August 18 and is ready to next week. Great car, beautiful drive. Willing to cover costs and a bit extra.

Please email [email protected] if interested

• #184313 Reply
    Gabrielle

Hello,

I am looking for someone to drive my 2019 Jeep Renegade from the northeast coast to the northwest coast AT A REASONABLE RATE. I am active duty military, currently changing duty stations, and would greatly appreciate the service. I’m looking for someone available to start the drive no earlier than 20 August but no later than 17 September.

• #187732 Reply
      Jane

Hi Gabrielle,

Sending an email to you now.

Best,
      Jane

• #185531 Reply
      Clint Zarnosky

Hi,

I sent you an email.

Cheers,
      Clint

• #184102 Reply
    Rook

Please drive my car and turtle from Birmingham, Alabama to San Jose, California or somewhere close. The flexible dates but sooner the better.

• #185196 Reply
      Cal Murphy

Hello, I’m Cal, I’m retired, and have been a long-haul trucker. That means I spent weeks or months at a time on the road. I can handle almost any vehicle, as well as how to handle any kind of road or situation that comes up.

I buy my own food and beverages, pack light, and I don’t drink or do illegal drugs. I respect your privacy if you want to seal your vehicle for privacy. I can pair you up to my Waze account so you can track me as I go.

There are details to discuss, like costs, expectations, roadside assistance coverage, etc, that we can discuss when the time is right.

I’m about helping others out. You get what you need to be moved taken care of by an experienced person at a heavily discounted price, and I get to keep busy during my retirement while putting some scratch in my pocket and getting away from the balls and chains of life. Oh, during late autumn, as a trusted community member, I play Santa!

• #184217 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Hello Rook, my name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. I use Google maps to determine the driving time. According to Google maps it’s a 34 hour trip. I charge $10 an hour diving time plus expenses.
      Expenses:
      Driving: $340.00
      Meals: $40.00 per day x 5=$200.00+/-
      Motel: $100.00 per night x 4=$400.00+/-
      Fuel: 92 gallons based on 25mpg $4.25 per gallon=$391.00
      Plane ticket to Birmingham from San Diego (where I live) plus one checked bag approx $340.00 on priceline.com
      Return ticket to San Diego on Southwest $69 on up.
      $60 for my wife to drive me to the airport and pick me up on my return.
      Total approx coxt:$1,494.00
      I have references.
      This link will take you to a story that was written about me and other drivers like myself:
      https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/12/retirees-are-driving-for-dollars.html
      My cell is 619-993-6577 email [email protected]
      Sincerely
      Mark Dougherty

• #184218 Reply
      Mark Dougherty

Adding to my previous reply, I can leave one after your reply.
      Mark Dougherty
      619-993-6577

• #184354 Reply
      Cal

I would be glad to assist.

I buy my own food and beverages, pack light, and I don’t drink or do illegal drugs. I respect your privacy if you want to seal your vehicle for privacy. I can pair you up to my Waze account so you can track me as I go. I do not take freight or passengers, altho if you need to ride along, that is fine.

There are details to discuss, like costs, expectations, and roadside assistance coverage that we can discuss when the time is right.

• #185310 Reply
        Shawna

Hi Cal,
        Im looking for someone to drive my 2011 hyunda tuscon from nv to wy, its a 10 hr trip and would also require my dog a siberian husky to ride along she can be in kennel if necessary but she is no way mean and dates are negotiable depending on availability the sooner the better…if you could let me know please

• #185542 Reply
          Mark Dougherty

Hi Shawna. My name is Mark Dougherty and I am a driver for hire. To give you a good estimate I need your starting and ending point. Your two points NV and WY according to Google maps are almost 14 hours of driving time not 10 hours.
          So lets say it’s 14 hours of driving time and I charge $10 an hour for driving my driving cost is $140.00 plus expenses.
          Expenses:
          Driving: $140.00
          Meals: $40.00 per day x 2=$80.
          Motel: $100.00+/- for one night
          Fuel: Approximately $145.00
          Plane ticket to NV from San Diego and one checked bag
          Return plane ticket to San Diego and one checked bag
          $60 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me up on my return
          I put everything on my credit card with the exception of the plane tickets, I ask that you put them on your credit card. You only pay what is on the receipts.
          I have references
          My cell is 619-993-6577
          Email [email protected]
          Sincerely
          Mark Dougherty

• #184424 Reply
        Yung

Hi Cal,

Any interest in driving a car from NY to Kodiak AK?

Yung

• #185203 Reply
          Cal Murphy

The issue would likely be I would need a passport, I don’t believe I can drive thru Canada without a passport and I will not get the vax. If it is possible to do a ferry from Seattle to Anchorage, and not have to enter Canada, it would be a bucket-list item to go to Alaska.

I buy my own food and beverages, pack light, and I don’t drink or do illegal drugs. I respect your privacy if you want to seal your vehicle for privacy. I can pair you up to my Waze account so you can track me as I go.

• #184809 Reply
          Daisy martin

Hi Cal (and others?)
          We need to get a 2002 Acura MDX from Boulder Co to Santa Cruz CA this week, leaving wed, 27th or It will be packed with belongings, we were gonna drive but I just tested positive for covid so can’t go with original plans. Thanks.

• #185007 Reply
            Mark Dougherty

Hi Daisy. It’s a 20 hour drive from Boulder to Santa Cruz. I use Google maps to determine the driving cost. I charge $10 an hour plus expenses.
            Expenses:
            Driving: $200.00
            Meals: $40.00 per day x 3=$120+/-
            Motel: $100.00 per night x=$200+/-
            Plane ticket from San Diego to Denver Airport plus one checked bag
            Return ticket San Jose airport to San Diego plus one checked bag
            Fuel: Approximately $250.00
            $60 for my wife to take me to the airport and pick me up on my return
            I put all expenses on my credit card with exception of the plane ticket, I ask that you put plane tickets on your credit card.
            You pay only what are on the receipts related to the trip.
            Sincerely
            Mark Dougherty

• #184561 Reply
          Mark Dougherty

Hi Yung. I saw your post for Cal and I would be very interest in driving your car from New York to Kodiak AK. I use Google maps to determine the driving cost. I charge $10 an hour driving time and Google maps says it’s an 88 hour drive. My driving cost would be $880.00 plus expenses.
          Expenses:
          Driving: $880.00
          Meals: $40.00+/- per day
          Motels: $100.00+/- per night
          Fuel: unknown cost
          Plane ticket from San Diego (where I live) to New York plus one checked bag
          Return plane to San Diego plus one checked bag.
          $60 for my wife to drive me to the airport and pick me up on my return
          I put all expenses on my credit card with the exception of the plane tickets. I ask that you put them on your credit card. You pay only what is on the receipts.
          I have references.
          This would be an expensive trip. I believe it is faster driving than to ship it all depends on what would be best for you.
          Sincerely
          Mark Dougherty

• #184359 Reply
      Fel

hi Rook,
      we’ll be driving from TN to CA in a week.
      do you have contact info (phone/email) so we can discuss further?
      thanks,

• #183972 Reply
    Solly Poprish

Drive my car from Denver to Detroit or Cleveland (or near) – $300

Hi there! I bought my car in Denver (Nissan Rogue) where it’s stayed since I moved out East. I’m looking for someone to drive it to Detroit, Cleveland, or somewhere else nearby those two cities. I need the car between August 1 and 29.

Please let me know if you’re interested. I can be flexible with compensation! Thanks so much.

• #184423 Reply
      KMA

Hi, Solly,

I might be able to pick up your car in Denver on August 10th and get it to Detroit on the 15th. (I’m driving to Port Huron.) Let’s to see if we can make it work!

Please text me at

Cheers,
      K

• #184339 Reply
      JD

Hi Solly,

Happy to discuss this drive with you. If you could just contact me at my email address below with the beginning and ending zip codes as well as the vehicle make and model, I will get back to you with a very reasonable quote.

JD

[email protected]

• #183671 Reply
    Jordan

Hey hey,

I’m a 31 year old female from Australia looking to drive somebodies car from the east coast to the west coast at the end of July or start of August (I need to get from Connecticut to LA) but I’m very flexible on locations and dates. I’ve been driving for 15 years and in lots of different countries – including the past 2 months in rental cars and families cars in the US. I am a very safe driver and have reference if needed.

I love driving and would like to see some more of the country and make a couple of stops before I head back to Australia but can’t afford a rental different city drop fee.

Contact me on [email protected] if your in need of a car relocated

Jord 🙂

Viewing 1,028 reply threads
Reply To: Need someone to drive your car cross country?
Your information: