Could Use A LIttle Luck - My Family Travels

August 30th2007: It’s early, 5 a.m. early but it’s okay because we’re heading to the wonderful World of Disney. We drive straight to General Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee and board the plane. I hate flying but it only takes two hours so I survive. We drive straight to the luxurious Sheraton Villa to check out all the cool amenities. We jump right into the pool saving the grueling task of unpacking for later. Unfortunately within five minutes of being there, I break my new sunglasses.

August 31st: We grab our swim suits and head for Blizzard Beach. The water park is huge and has lots to do. While breaking for lunch, clouds begin to roll over the sun and it starts pouring. The attractions shut down and people begin panicking trying to leave the park or find shelter. We stay. The next two hours are spent standing in the rain and freezing. The downpour abruptly stops and we rush to get in line for rides.

September 1st: The second we’re up we drive to the Magic Kingdom. We spend the day riding every ride we can find and watching all the shows the magical place had to offer. Me and my sisters decide we want to check out Tom Sawyer’s Island so we take the wooden raft to the secluded island in the middle of the park. Just as we’re about to leave, we’re hit with another rainstorm. This one includes lightning; meaning we can’t get back to the mainland. Officially, we have the worst luck. After spending the next hour rooming around the island while getting drenched while the rest of the visitors enjoy the still operating park, we are finally let off.

September 2nd: Today we visit Animal Kingdom. We get to go on the Safari to see the various animals and attend Finding Nemo the Musical. When we get to Dinosaur Land, we are allowed to ride one of the rides three times in a row without having to get off because there was no line. The rest of the night is spent at Epcot eating foods form around the world and watching a fantastic fireworks show. Our luck seems to have finally turned.

September 3rd: It’s back to Epcot to ride all the rides and see more attractions. Then we head to TGI Friday’s for dinner where we tell the waiter it’s mine and my sister’s birthday so we get free desert. Even if hers was three days ago and mine is not for four. After, we hit MGM Studios for a few more rides and a Muppet Vision 3-D show. Rounding out the day is the amazing Fantasmic! light show. So far the luck is still good.  

September 4th: While all the other kids spent the day being back in school after summer break, we went to Typhoon Lagoon. Although not as exciting as Blizzard Beach, it still has perks with its Surf Pool and beach. Swimming with the Sharks wasn’t half bad either, although getting kicked in the face, freaking out from the salt water in my mouth and eyes, and scaring the sharks in the process probably wasn’t fun for the operators. After drying off and apologizing for the enduring chaos with the sharks, we decide to do some souvenir shopping at Downtown Disney; the perfect way to end an eventful vacation.

September 5th: Another early flight leaves everyone crabby on the last day of vacation. Tomorrow we have to go back to school and homework, but after our whacky week at Disney World I don’t think I’ll be complaining.

Dear Reader: This page may contain affiliate links which may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Our independent journalism is not influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative unless it is clearly marked as sponsored content. As travel products change, please be sure to reconfirm all details and stay up to date with current events to ensure a safe and successful trip.

Comment on this article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.